Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

KhaledBarca

Alexis+cash for Cavani? makes more sense than Alves+cash for Cavani.

I like Alexis, but he and Pedro are too similar. If ONLY we're going to buy someone like Costa/Cavani, I would sell Alexis since he's worth more in the market (selling Alexis to buy Reus/Muller doesn't makes sense).

Alexis is worth at least 35M IMO.

serghei

This is the saddest part. Already ruined 3 seasons of their prime (2011-12, 2012-13 & 2013-14).

Their prime was 2009-2012. And they've won plenty of throphies in that timeframe. They are entering in their post-prime, Iniesta especially.

Last edited:

LMessi85

what? are you guys saying that Messi is post-prime??
It's obvious that he's not feeling great (motivation or?) atm but post-prime.

Andrew M

Well, it helps when you have a strong defence. If you have, it's much better to play with a high line.

That is not true. The whole team contributes to the form that the defence takes. Any defender would look like mickey mouse with very high line and lazy midfielders and forwards.

This is the saddest part. Already ruined 3 seasons of their prime (2011-12, 2012-13 & 2013-14).

They have to take responsibility too.

Last edited:
F

Flavia

who would start the kid who is inexperienced or the average defender (on current form)?

Laporte. He'a a great player, already with 45 matches for Athletic. Pique - Laporte can be a great duo.

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
The benefit of a striker for Barca is not the crossing, although some aerial ability can come in handy as well. It's the fact that a striker can open up the pitch for Messi. Right now Messi is sandwiched between 2 centerbacks and 2 DMs. Often enough he can pull a rabbit out of his hat regardless but it's not the system helping him anymore. It's his own individual class.

Messi has become a completely different player. Go watch 09/10 Bernabeu Clasico. Xavi was pulling the throughballs and Messi was staying and moving upfront to get at the end of the passes (1 Xavi assist to Messi and 2 more 1 on 1 chances which Casillas saved). Now Messi doesn't move anymore without ball at feet. He's playing like a classic 10 now. Wants to create himself and only move with ball at feet. A striker is a necessity, even if he primarily stays on the wing (like Villa). Neymar-Messi-Alexis/Pedro is not the right balance. They all want to create, scoring comes secondary (even for Messi, despite his high goal count).

I sort of agree... But remember those few games when Tata played Messi as a #10 and people and the press went absolutely crazy about it? The problem lies in the resistance to change from the club as a whole and without a change in mentality adapting won't be possible...

BBZ8800

people don't seem to understand that. a typical 9, whether he is tall, strong or all powerful, is still isolated against a bus and doesn't contribute. mandzukic, ibra, cavani, can't do SHIT against a bus, and they have never done so. i DO want a forward like that, but only if he's willing to be on the bench most of the times, and come on as a sub against a non-bus team we're having trouble scoring against. BUT to have a 9 as our starter would be a total ruin, especially against buses.

And what is your advice, how we will break the bus?
With Tiki-Taka through the middle till death again?

But we will "unluckily" lose the key-matches again, you know..

BBZ8800

I agree we need someone taller at the back but the striker thing is garbage. We don't play crosses anyway. We just need the midfield to play better and be patient, waiting for openings, then actually be clinical when we get a chance (against a bus you only get two or three).

And what if that won't work, and of course that it won't work in 2015 anymore?

What then, to stick to our divine tactics from 2009' forever and just keep on buying 170cm tall players and pass the ball around till death and create nothing.

I have seen this "Cartoon" today:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=9fF8N4zD6TA

Sadly, this is how the rest of the world sees our current play.

DinhoR10

And what if that won't work, and of course that it won't work in 2015 anymore?

What then, to stick to our divine tactics from 2009' forever and just keep on buying 170cm tall players and pass the ball around till death and create nothing.

I have seen this "Cartoon" today:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=9fF8N4zD6TA

Sadly, this is how the rest of the world sees our current play.

Thats how they always saw it they're just able to make fun of it now because we're losing.

BBZ8800

Have you seen Atlético-Chelsea? Yeah they have power, a tall strong striker, etc... didn't help them at all. Such a myth.

Chelsea doesn't play football.
You should try a better example, for example, a team that knows how to play a Possession football, but also have a plan b.

Chelsea doesn't even have a Plan A.

LMessi85

And what is your advice, how we will break the bus?
With Tiki-Taka through the middle till death again?

But we will "unluckily" lose the key-matches again, you know..

Yeah. Exactly what i also already said earlier. We can be too one-dimensional. That's why better teams can park the bus and we have no answer.

LMessi85

Chelsea doesn't play football.
You should try a better example, for example, a team that knows how to play a Possession football, but also have a plan b.

Chelsea doesn't even have a Plan A.

Haha. I didnt think that Atletico would win @ stamford bridge tho'. Hopefully they'll beat Real aswell or they would have their tenth :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans