Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

linetty

Dutch website (source el mundo deportivo) claims that Juan Camilo Zuñiga has a special Barca clause in his Napoli contract.
Barca can buy him for 15 mil whilst other clubs have to pay 30 mil.
Is he worth the 15m?

Neymessi

So suddenly this courtois scenario arises when we already have a done deal with MAts. What should be done?Courtois or stegen?I have seen some of MAts videos and he looks promising and he won't cost as much as courtois.So MAts for me.

Roberto

Magisterial!
I think something like this would be Ideal regarding transfers:

In: Benatia/Hummels (20-30 mill)/Laporte (36 mill), Javi Martinez (30 mill) , Agüero (50 mill)/Immobile (15mill), Ter Stegen (12 mill)

Out: Song(13 mill) , Alves (15-20 mill) , Tello(10 mill) , Jonathan DS (4 mill) , Cuenca (5 mill) Denis Suarez (Loan) Deulofeu (Loan)

L

linetty

MAtS will cost 12m, so at least twice less than Courtois would & I dont see him being inferior to Thibat in anything

I

instinct

Barcelona ready to spend €121.9M and can extend to €133M with a city sponsorship. 7 players may be added.

Ursegor

World Champion
That formation btw, is a good plan B formation to counter bus parking. Bus-parking teams won't hit you from the wings, but from the center with long balls to CF and from counters. Playing 3 CBs along with Busquets through the middle gives you more security against counters from the bus, and allows the rest of your players to devote themselves entirely to offense.

Obviously against normal offensive sides that formation won't work as well because it's true they'll exploit the wings, but I don't think the original poster was suggesting this formation become the standard formation, but merely giving a plan B type to counter defensive sides.

Nah, it's a rubbish "plan B". Of course "bus parking" teams utilize the wings. Isn't what Real Madrid did to Bayern considered "bus parking" on this forum? We're talking about 4-4-2 low block teams that are ceding possession, pressing against the ball hard and breaking with speed, right? Then Bayern from last season and Real Madrid are doing exactly what Atletico are doing except with much better personnel. Only clueless teams hoof it long to the centerforward like Chelsea 2012. The teams we struggle against are more competent these days. Having said that. Even Chelsea at Stamford Bridge played a diagonal ball to the space behind Alves who was pushed high when Messi lost the ball and that's how they scored. A lineup with only 1 player on each flank would only worsen this effect.

Nevermind that we already go 3-4-3 against 2 striker systems anyway when it is clever to do so with Busquets dropping as an auxiliary defender and both fullbacks pushing up. We don't play a rigid formation. The point of having 3 centerbacks + Busquets up against 2 strikers completely escapes me however, even as a specific plan against Atletico's 4-4-2.

Barca's problem right now is not a specfic formation. This is always the worst part of the season whenever Barca don't win the CL. Peeps present funny lineups and draw arrows to "fix it".

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
Nah, it's a rubbish "plan B". Of course "bus parking" teams utilize the wings. Isn't what Real Madrid did to Bayern considered "bus parking" on this forum? We're talking about 4-4-2 low block teams that are ceding possession, pressing against the ball hard and breaking with speed, right? Then Bayern from last season and Real Madrid are doing exactly what Atletico are doing except with much better personnel. Only clueless teams hoof it long to the centerforward like Chelsea 2012. The teams we struggle against are more competent these days. Having said that. Even Chelsea at Stamford Bridge played a diagonal ball to the space behind Alves who was pushed high when Messi lost the ball and that's how they scored. A lineup with only 1 player on each flank would only worsen this effect.

Nevermind that we already go 3-4-3 against 2 striker systems anyway when it is clever to do so with Busquets dropping as an auxiliary defender and both fullbacks pushing up. We don't play a rigid formation. The point of having 3 centerbacks + Busquets up against 2 strikers completely escapes me however, even as a specific plan against Atletico's 4-4-2.

Barca's problem right now is not a specfic formation. This is always the worst part of the season whenever Barca don't win the CL. Peeps present funny lineups and draw arrows to "fix it".

Indeed, it's not like we play a 4-3-3 anyway. Messi plays in midfield (and sometimes never even attacks lately), Alves is our rw, Neymar is all over the pitch etc. We lack speed, creativity, motivation, hunger, combinations and pressing. Imo we could have done much better with the players we have, but Messi didn't bail us out and the rest of our forwards are incapable of doing something on their own when our midfield is not working, but our midfield is not working because our forwards lick the lines and don't run behind the defense or try to cause some havoc. We push our opponents down and than one of 2 things happens: 1 we pass the ball around without any movement in the last third, no runs behind the defense etc 2. Alves puts in one of his trademark crosses. I'm starting to feel we need at least 1-2 players in defense, midfield and forwards - but imo Alves would still be OK for another season if used correctly (a tad less attacking, and cut the crosses ffs), Song needs to go, Sanchez or Pedro needs to go. We need at least 1 CB and 1 DM/CM and a new more versatile forward. Bring back Rafinha and maybe Delou, and sell/loan Tello/Roberto.

I

instinct

Next week Zubizaretta will present the whole plan in terms of the new manager, new signings and departing players [sport]

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Not sure about Zubi, but SPORT will surely present a whole new(ridiculous) plan like they do basically every day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans