Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cule4life

The Culest
:lol: And people were celebrating the lifting of the transfer ban. With this board in charge, it would have been better it wasnt lifted.

Stric

I have a feeling that a dark era is awaiting our club and I'm just bummed that it's coinciding with some of our players' best years.

What about Arda Turan. I rate him higher then Koke. Techincal, strong with good skill. Works his ass off too!

He's good and I rate him high, but for some reason I'd still prefer Koke, who to me is similar to Xavi and still has a lot to grow from. Turan is already in his peak years.

NotInHere

I have a feeling that a dark era is awaiting our club and I'm just bummed that it's coinciding with some of our players' best years.
:lol: you actually think the club is going to waste Messi, Iniesta's and Neymars years? No chance, especially Iniesta and Leos, who are not getting younger. Barcelona really has to build a solid team around them, you think Iniesta or Messi will be happy if the dark era happens right when they're in their primes?

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
Naaah. It's really the same. I'll draw some arrows, then you'll see it.

Now:

bme7cjas.png

"3-5-2":

9evu228r.png

How it looks like in real life:

Red is your last line of defense. Blue is the long diagonal outlet ball to the space behind Alves' back + run and cross to the middle from the winger. Having 2 DMs changes nada as the diagonal ball takes them out anyway and Busquets will be too far up the pitch to recover.

The more logical option is to play normal 4-3-3 and leave 1 fullback at the back and cover the space behind Alves, not crowd the center. Which is perfectly possible, even if Alver or Alba are attack-minded usually. Alba did stay back against Milan last season in Camp Nou.

This "3-5-2" just makes everything worse. If you think we keep pushing higher and higher with our usual lineup then we'll logically do it even more when we take out an attacker and replace him with a "sweeper". Because it will make it harder to create with so many defensive minded players on the pitch so everyone will push higher up.

If you don't see it, you don't see it, but the second formation clearly has more defensive cover than the first one. I won't continue this discussion because it would be fruitless, at this point you believe what you want to believe.

Last edited:

Stric

:lol: you actually think the club is going to waste Messi, Iniesta's and Neymars years? No chance, especially Iniesta and Leos, who are not getting younger. Barcelona really has to build a solid team around them, you think Iniesta or Messi will be happy if the dark era happens right when they're in their primes?

I don't even understand your response... what kind of a reply is that? Who said anything about it being intentional or the players being happy about it?

That's exactly the problem. The club is incompetent and are likely to waste their players' best years with wrong decisions and politics. Not because they simply wish to do so, but because they don't know any better or have other agendas to pursue.

mazp

Not exactly an era. But at least until 2016. I don't expect much to be honest, next season. We will buy players, but they will seem like panic buys, then for any sort of plan or vision.

fcbdna

Banned
We need around 60-65M to build a perfect team.

Neymar Messi RW
Iniesta Busquets CM
Alba CB Pique Alves
GK

Others players that should stay: Bartra, Masche, Adriano, Montoya, Cesc, Xavi, Pedro.

RW: Cavani or Diego Costa = 45-50M.
CM: Kross or Gundogan (Thiago :() =25M.
CB: Benatia = 35M.
GK: Ter Stegan =12M

Inaddition to Rafinha, Deulofeu, Mathieu (8M) & Reina/Caballero (5M).

IN (130-135M)
Out (70M): Alexis (35M), Song (12M), Tello (10M), Bojan (3M), Cuenca (3M), JDS (3M), Afellay (3M) Oier (1M) = around 70M. (we can also sell Roberto if we get a good offer or send him on loan with Denis Suarez).
Valdes, Pinto & Puyol (free).

note: Edgar, Samper, Adama... should get playing time with 1st team in Copa games.

You forgot to write Sheik Mansour as sponsor.
Are you serious @Diego Costa or Cavani at RW?!!!!!!!!!

Behrox

Vice President of FC Barcelona
We will most likely cash out in summer, but if it's on players like Luiz for the CB position. Cuadrado for the RB position then what? :lol:

He is not a RB. He is fast yes, but that's it. He have played a few times as a RB and as you would expect, good in the attacking part of the play, but completely non-existent at the back because he is a winger and it would take one helluva adjustement to turn away from his natural insticts and start tracking back, position himself and more when it's time to do so, because he is not used to it.
How about Alexis at RB and Cuardado at RW?

L

linetty

Calm down... No way we are getting Cuadrado for 30m (Zuniga for 15m is more probable, how is he doing?) and Chelsea won't let Luiz go as he's key to their bus tactic.

In my opinion, we'll sign up the following: Marc-Andre ter Stegen, Aymeric Laporte and Hummels and *maybe* a midfielder. We'll keep Alves as there are not really good options on the market.

OR we'll get a pleaseant suprise from the board and they'll buy Doria or some other unknown beast! Maybe they'll make an effort under pressure of pre-elections and criticism.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans