Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
No. Vilarrubi is leaking those because he will quit the board very soon. He is preparing for a sole presidential campaign on 2016. And if that happens there is nothing that can stop him at BCN. He is too powerful and a billionaire who owns 70% of Cataln media.

He is doing it by burning bridges. Bartomeu will probably run for elections as well and there is a potential of a massive bitch fight if that happens.

Ryan_Cule

barça amor d mi alma
He is doing it by burning bridges. Bartomeu will probably run for elections as well and there is a potential of a massive bitch fight if that happens.

Trust me, he doesn't have to care about anyone. This entire Barca board depends on him(90%) because of his power, source & influences. He was Rosell's right hand guy and was offered a President spot first when Rosell resigned. But he declined because he is sure of coming back as a President in coming 2016 elections.

But agreed that the current Barcelona, considering its volatility, can explode any moment.

Cule4life

The Culest
No. Vilarrubi is leaking those because he will quit the board very soon. He is preparing for a sole presidential campaign on 2016. And if that happens there is nothing that can stop him at BCN. He is too powerful and a billionaire who owns 70% of Cataln media.

Well if he has even 50% of Laporta's intelligence i wouldnt be too mad if he won

i_bleed_blaugrana

Good god this thread today lol.

I'm just having a good laugh picturing Cuadrado trying to dribble through three players at RB, Luiz bombs forward thinking total football means he can have spells as a striker all while Pique is blowing kisses to Shakira in the stands. ter Stergen is going to have a baptism of fire here next season if we literally think a back line of Cuadrado-Luiz-Pique-Alba is gonna cut it. I've always been iffy on Luiz, there are a lot of qualities I like about him and he could succeed here eventually but its the Cuadrado at RB that really scares me the most.

All these names (Cuadrado, Agger, Luiz, Ozil?!?) just screams desperation from the board, reminiscent of Arsenal's last minute flurry a few summers ago where they thought Andre Santos would be a good RB...three weeks later, gave up 8 goals to UTD...

As far as Luiz-Pique, only way it will work is if Pique REALLY steps up his organizational skills and his positional focus. He was a lot better this season until he got injured but if he goes sleeping on his marker while Luiz is somewhere in the MF, its gonna be a long season next year, especially for MaTS.

Its definitely going to be shaky at first but I think once Pique kinda gets a feel for what Luiz is capable of and what to expect from him, Pique can learn to just put out any fires Luiz might start. Much like Puyol did for him once he first came through.

Particularly if Puyol is the assitant to Enrique, I am hoping Puyol really develops Pique into the defensive leader we need. Both Luiz and Bartra need a leader and contrary to how much flack Pique has gotten on here in the recent years, I actually think he is capable of being that leader, particularly if Puyol is constantly pushing him to be better.

Last edited:

Stric

Since Rafinha is being mentioned and all, can someone explain to me why for weeks or even months people on this forum have been pretending that he is a CM?

This has been happening with several players, though. First it was Cesc, who eventually showed he was more suited for Iniesta's role than Xavi's, then it was Thiago, who's... well... gone, but he, too, showed that he's by far better and more comfortable in the attacking role (and people completely ignored this also, for some reason), then it was Sergi Roberto, who displayed the exact same kind of profile the previous two did (again, people are ignoring this), and now it's Rafinha... guess what will happen.

If we're so desperate to drop Cesc and have some other player who's obviously not a CM "replace" Xavi, that someone might as well be Iniesta. I have a feeling that he will naturally start dropping deeper into midfield as he gets older, anyway. But it would be stupid to move him now from the position where he's the best in the world at what he does, now wouldn't it...

Last edited:
F

Flavia

Since Rafinha is being mentioned and all, can someone explain to me why for weeks or even months people on this forum have been pretending that he is a CM?

This has been happening with several players, though. First it was Cesc, who eventually showed he was more suited for Iniesta's role than Xavi's, then it was Thiago, who's... well... gone, but he, too, showed that he's by far better and more comfortable in the attacking role (and people completely ignored this also, for some reason), then it was Sergi Roberto, who displayed the exact same kind of profile the previous two did (again, people are ignoring this), and now it's Rafinha... guess what will happen.

If we're so desperate to drop Cesc and have some other player who's obviously not a CM "replace" Xavi, that someone might as well be Iniesta. I have a feeling that he will naturally start dropping deeper into midfield as he gets older, anyway. But it would be stupid to move him now from the position where he's the best in the world at what he does, now wouldn't it...

The position he plays the most at Celta is cm, followed by rw eventually. Obviously this is not a guarantee he'll be a success for Barça.

DinhoR10

article-2562817-1BA1BAF500000578-980_634x419.jpg
Xavi

article-2562817-1BA1BC8200000578-943_634x415.jpg
Iniesta

Two almost identical heat maps (for each side of the field they play on) from the same game against Man city in the Ethiad. Yes Xavi plays Deeper than Iniesta but not deep like pirlo deep despite his new fondness for sideways passing he has always been a very attacking oriented player. You don't get 30 assists in a seaosn without getting forward. Cesc doesn't work in xavi's role because he can't pass like iniesta or busquets.

Stric

The position he plays the most at Celta is cm, followed by rw eventually. Obviously this is not a guarantee he'll be a success for Barça.

In every instance I've seen him play for Celta, he's either played right/left midfield/attacking midfield or the wings. But let's not nitpick, my point is that he's no less of an attacking type player than Cesc, Iniesta or his brother. Of the four, Thiago was probably most suited for the deeper role.

Cesc doesn't work in xavi's role because he can't pass like iniesta or busquets.

This is just a weird sentence. :lol:

Egert

Estonian Culé
[Sport.es] Dos Santos, Afellay, Tello, Cuenca, S. Roberto, Oier, Pedro, Alexis, Cesc, Mascherano, Adriano, Song, Alves will be sold this summer

So much names.... And we will buy 3-4 players to replace them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans