Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

fcbdna

Banned
:lol: Look at this Bartra hate, he's obviously such a bad player after singlehandedly keeping us in the copa game and PULLING UP in the lead up to the bale goal. Kid is Fast, great in the air, great at tackling and great at initiating play the only thing he doesn't have is experience. Puyol wasn't world class at his age and even with all the hype around varane, Bartra makes less mistakes and is better ( imo ).

With that said Bartra or no Bartra we need a new defender be that Luiz, Laporte or Edgar Ie.

No Batra hate. . I actually love him. but the truth is. . . . At the moment he isn't half as good as Luiz.
That said. . I'd rather we get Benatia or Kompany .

ebieymjunior

Maybe against weak opposition. Montoya's strength is also going forward, that's why he wouldn't compliment Alba on the opposite flank.

We can't afford to make the same mistake by signing a defensively poor RB again.

He can go forward, but wouldn't say it's Montoya's strength. He isn't bad defensively and when told to stay back (see last year), he does really well.

ceefoo

No Batra hate. . I actually love him. but the truth is. . . . At the moment he isn't half as good as Luiz.
I don't know how you can say that. Sure Bartra does make the occasional mistake what you can put down to inexperience and eagerness to prove himself. But Luiz is a walking disaster.

Every game Luiz does something of immense stupidity. And Luiz is playing under a defensive system at Chel$ki where he is asked to play percentage, no-risk football. The complete opposite of what Bartra is expected to do at Barca.

Plus most the time Bartra only has Busquets as protection, whereas Chel$ki play with 6 defensive minded players in the team.

ceefoo

He can go forward, but wouldn't say it's Montoya's strength. He isn't bad defensively and when told to stay back (see last year), he does really well.
If you are asking: Is Montoya better at attacking or defending? Then it has to be the former.

I'm not saying Montoya is a terrible defender. He's just not the high quality we desperately need to do the required job there.

If you are asking: Is Montoya better at attacking or defending? Then it has to be the former.
I'm not saying Montoya is a terrible defender. He's just not the high quality we desperately need to do the required job there.

Let him be the back up RB and we'll be fine. just buy a real RB or keep Alves
don't buy a rW and use him as a back. that will be, again, an defensive disaster

i prefer Alves coz he is still one of the top 3 RB's in the world and can be for one or 2 years

fcbdna

Banned
Let him be the back up RB and we'll be fine. just buy a real RB or keep Alves
don't buy a rW and use him as a back. that will be, again, an defensive disaster

i prefer Alves coz he is still one of the top 3 RB's in the world and can be for one or 2 years

Does Alves still defend? You are not a natural RB,CM or whatever simply because of the fact you play in that position.
I dare say, Alves plays more like a winger nowadays and its arguable that Pedro defends just as good as Alves does.

I

instinct

Jonathan Soriano (Salzburg): "I don't rule out that Luis Enrique might want to sign me. I'm good here, but who would say no to Barça?" [ser]

JamDav1982

:lol: Look at this Bartra hate, he's obviously such a bad player after singlehandedly keeping us in the copa game and PULLING UP in the lead up to the bale goal. Kid is Fast, great in the air, great at tackling and great at initiating play the only thing he doesn't have is experience. Puyol wasn't world class at his age and even with all the hype around varane, Bartra makes less mistakes and is better ( imo ).

With that said Bartra or no Bartra we need a new defender be that Luiz, Laporte or Edgar Ie.

This is an example of the hype!

'Bartra single handedly kept Barca in Copa'

No he didnt. He had a decent game and scored a good goal. Nothing special defensively and was naive not to take Bale down.

Does Alves still defend? .
sometimes :)

I would go after de sciglio
young, cheap, very talented, Milan produced some fine defenders in the past and he could play/become the part that abidal used to play (with alba being the attacking part now).

opinions are like asshole's but i don't see a reason to buy a dozen players.
Pique, bartra, a bought CB (Laporte/Hummels) and a la masia kid should do
i would promote Masch to be busi's backup (maybe even double pivot if necessary) and with Cesc, Iniesta, a technical CM and Xavi/sergi the midfield is fine too

in the attack I would eventually try Alexis as a real striker (if necessary).
maybe even something like this:
Busi Masch
MEssi Iniesta Neymar
Alexis

but buying Reus, Cuardado, özil, ... is just plain stupid when you got guys like Pedro, Alexis, Tello, deulofeu... or a even some masia kids. Even Bojan is better suited for barca as eg Reus or Hazard.

the most important thing imo is a new coach with new ideas and some balls without neglecting the barca dna. He has to get that midfield working (cesc, iniesta, busi)

Last edited:

Cruijffista

SOY ANTIMADRIDISTA
I actually like Luiz but not paired with Pique though. I had a feeling the Laporte rumor was too good to be true because Athletic Bilbao doesn't negotiate and the fee would have been much more than the buyout considering the taxes involved.

If the Luiz rumor is true, we definitely need to go after Javi Martinez too. I always liked his run as a CB under Bielsa. Lucho could even experiment with a Del Bosque-like double-pivot of Busquets/Martinez to make our defense more solid too.

Neymessi

According to mundo deportivo hazard wants a barca move.Iniesta is deteriorating,cesc is not reliable,we can get him in our mid.

Cule4life

The Culest
sometimes :)but buying Reus, Cuardado, özil, ... is just plain stupid when you got guys like Pedro, Alexis, Tello, deulofeu... or a even some masia kids. Even Bojan is better suited for barca as eg Reus or Hazard.

shaq-laughing-press-conference-shaq-gifs.gif

Espenfk

Most likely starting XI next season

ter stegen
Montoya - Luiz - Pique - Alba
Busquets
Rafinha - Iniesta
Cuadrado - Messi - Neymar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans