Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lomar1o

guys relax, we don't need suarez, or aguero, or reus, or any other world class player, because we'll be buying cuadrado who can play in all positions

I

instinct

Didn't rac1 quoted Yaya Toure who said that he told Kun to join Barca if he is asked? I remember reading something like that here in the forum. Agüero to Barca is anything but impossible, if you ask me.

Zincubus

Banned
That is a great prospect but seems to me unlikely to happen...

Agreed but are you so convinced Suarez won't leave Liverpool this summer even with rm paying 100 m + for his services ?
I'm not convinced they won't let him go when facing such a fanatastic sum of money.

That's exactly what worries me the most on the transfemarket.

Exactly

Saurez would be perfect for either us or Real and most probably them .

That's a scary thought .

They would be simply unplayable ... maybe the best front three EVER ??

Ryan_Cule

barça amor d mi alma
Didn't rac1 quoted Yaya Toure who said that he told Kun to join Barca if he is asked? I remember reading something like that here in the forum. Agüero to Barca is anything but impossible, if you ask me.

Yes.
Not impossible if the player fancies a move. City would be inclined.

Ryan_Cule

barça amor d mi alma
o9BUPF.jpeg

Leaked Report from FC Barcelona (OFFICIAL TRANSFER LIST REQUESTED BY TATA MARTINO DATE : October 10,2013 )

FC Barcelona made a Primary list of transfers and handed it over to the President on October 10,2013. The list was made keeping in mind about summer transfers.

The list included :

Defense :

Subotic / Vergini / Doria / Felip Luis.

Midfield

Arda Turan / Gundogan

Forward

Aguero / klose

Top right corner: “Send copy to Rosell”. Signed by Freixa.
Subotic: 17mi + 2 friendlies
Vergini: 620k
Doria: 7mi, 19 years old

-Gundogan: 22mi

-Aguero: 28mi + 2 friendlies + Youth player

-Klose: 2mi. Player for the short term.

-Filipe Luis: Wont come to Barca.

-Need to find another LB other than Alba/Adriano

-Arda Turan: Wont come to BARCA.

-Cesc and Roberto need more playing time.

Source:FourFour

Very hard to read the handwriting. Do they really think they can sign Aguero for 28m? :lol:

An update on this : The leaked report confirms one thing that the hand-written notes were after contacting with several clubs and player's agents.

Barca talked with Manchester City and Kun Aguero - both parties agreed on a 28M euro deal + 2 friendlies + One youth player. In that case, it is still within our budget reach and can go through this summer. The report also talked about another LB alternative other than Alba/Adriano.

This,all happened, during the November-December period. Club was supposed to make some transfers during winter period as requested by Tata Martino for the second half of the season. But not a single technical decision was converted into reality because Rosell was pulled upto Court and he resigned and club didn't bother to look at sporting project.

Also, The list doesn't talk about a new GK because we already had a confirmed deal with Ter-Stegen who would join Barca in the summer 2014.

Last edited:

SpawN

This is how I imagine our team for the next season.

--------------------------------Ter Stegen/?-------------------

--Montoq/? --------Pique/Bartra-----------D.Luiz/Laporte--------Alba(Adriano)

---------------------------------Busquets/?----------------------------------

-------------------Febregas/Koke--------------Iniesta(Rafinha)-----------------

--------Messi(Pedro)-------------Aguero/Suarez-------------------Neymar(Deulofeu)

We need Messi to move from that false 9 position because every single team knows how to play against already...

we will win treble winners then with this squad.

ss81bja

What do you all think about the players on the "leaked" document.

I think Subotic suits Barca a little more than Hummels but any of the two could work. David Luiz is too much a DM for me even though i think this board will go up to the 11th hour to sign him. If we can't find a cheap 2nd CB (e.g. from another spanish club) then Batra should be promoted. Mascherano is most likely going. He is a good DM but to ask him to be a CB or backup DM to Busquets would be unfair to him.

Aguero:- the problem i have, since he is short, is his effectiveness against physical teams like Real Madrid, Chelsea in the Champions League. I prefer a Drogba\Eto'o\Henry type striker who can "contrive" goals when we hit parked buses. Reus (AM\Winger) and\or Mandzukic (striker) are the ones out there that could work and are realistic targets if we sell Alexis. Suarez looks unrealistic and my be expensive anyhow but he would be the one attacker we could try for this season.

Gundogan:- the reality is that Cesc doesn't suit Barca right now. What is also real is that Cesc is a Spanish player and a La Masia product so him being sold buy this board is 40\60 for\against. If well "let go" Cesc then Gundogan would be my target

Cuadrado:- If Alves goes. Our Adriano is ok and should be used as a wing back more often. Cuadrado looks very versatile and has a better defensive abilities.

Ter-Stegen:- what do people think about Hugo LLoris as the 2nd GK especially since Courtois may not be "released" by Chelsea or Atletico. Both LLoris and Courtois may be expensive as 2nd GK though

My line up for next season

FW:- Neymar, Messi, Reus (subs Mandzukic, Pedro) Sell:- Alexis, Loan:- Tello
MF:- Xavi, Iniesta, (sub - Gundogan) Sell:- Cesc Fabregas
DM:- Busquets (sub - Song) Sell:- Mascherano
DF:- Cuadrado, Subotic, Pique, Alba (subs - Adriano, Batra) Sell:- Alves
GK:- Ter-Stegen (sub Lloris)

Barcilliant

An update on this : The leaked report confirms one thing that the hand-written notes were after contacting with several clubs and player's agents.

Barca talked with Manchester City and Kun Aguero - both parties agreed on a 28M euro deal + 2 friendlies + One youth player. In that case, it is still within our budget reach and can go through this summer. The report also talked about another LB alternative other than Alba/Adriano.

This,all happened, during the November-December period. Club was supposed to make some transfers during winter period as requested by Tata Martino for the second half of the season. But not a single technical decision was converted into reality because Rosell was pulled upto Court and he resigned and club didn't bother to look at sporting project.

Also, The list doesn't talk about a new GK because we already had a confirmed deal with Ter-Stegen who would join Barca in the summer 2014.

So Tata wanted to sign players but the board didn't take him seriously???

Barcilliant

What do you all think about the players on the "leaked" document.

I think Subotic suits Barca a little more than Hummels but any of the two could work. David Luiz is too much a DM for me even though i think this board will go up to the 11th hour to sign him. If we can't find a cheap 2nd CB (e.g. from another spanish club) then Batra should be promoted. Mascherano is most likely going. He is a good DM but to ask him to be a CB or backup DM to Busquets would be unfair to him.

Aguero:- the problem i have, since he is short, is his effectiveness against physical teams like Real Madrid, Chelsea in the Champions League. I prefer a Drogba\Eto'o\Henry type striker who can "contrive" goals when we hit parked buses. Reus (AM\Winger) and\or Mandzukic (striker) are the ones out there that could work and are realistic targets if we sell Alexis. Suarez looks unrealistic and my be expensive anyhow but he would be the one attacker we could try for this season.

Gundogan:- the reality is that Cesc doesn't suit Barca right now. What is also real is that Cesc is a Spanish player and a La Masia product so him being sold buy this board is 40\60 for\against. If well "let go" Cesc then Gundogan would be my target

Cuadrado:- If Alves goes. Our Adriano is ok and should be used as a wing back more often. Cuadrado looks very versatile and has a better defensive abilities.

Ter-Stegen:- what do people think about Hugo LLoris as the 2nd GK especially since Courtois may not be "released" by Chelsea or Atletico. Both LLoris and Courtois may be expensive as 2nd GK though

My line up for next season

FW:- Neymar, Messi, Reus (subs Mandzukic, Pedro) Sell:- Alexis, Loan:- Tello
MF:- Xavi, Iniesta, (sub - Gundogan) Sell:- Cesc Fabregas
DM:- Busquets (sub - Song) Sell:- Mascherano
DF:- Cuadrado, Subotic, Pique, Alba (subs - Adriano, Batra) Sell:- Alves
GK:- Ter-Stegen (sub Lloris)

Lloris would never accept a bench position. He wants to be numero uno and rightly so. He is a pretty good keeper.

I wanted Aguero before we signed Alexis. THAT was the time to sign him. Instead Pep went on some kind of hipster swing and pursued Alexis. Aguero will be just another short guy in what is essentially a very small forward line with no variety.

Another issue with Aguero are his injuries. He is too injury prone. Whats the use of the guy breaking down in the middle of the season and being unavailable for the home stretch??????

Jägermeister

Everybody talking about forwards while our only defender so far is Luiz... That is the area where we have to spend. A forward would be a bonus or replacement if Alexis or Pedro leaves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans