Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

CatalinR10

Barcelona and Chelsea have reached a deal on the transfer of Chelsea player David Luiz (27) pending the approval of Luis Enrique. [md]

Ghostmaster

Danger Ahead
Mascherano is hinting that he is gonna leave, so who is going to replace him if it's true? Pique, Luiz and Bartra won't be enough or is it enough for Zubi?

Last edited:

impeh

Hi, its me..
i like Luiz .. next to thiago silva. :lol:

not sure if pique would have the same effect. Hopefully we will get another CB as well as him.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Mascherano is hinting that he is gonna leave, so who is going to replace him if it's true? Pique, Luiz and Bartra won't be enough or is it enough for Zubi?
That's so good... That way buying David Luiz will be justified! Especially because we also hear the rumors that Adriano is gonna be sold. David Luiz the true jack of all trades, who could play as the CB, LB and as a mid fielder as well!

Only, we should be signing 2 CBs(but knowing Zubi one of them would be David Luiz :( ) and a RB to replace Alves!

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
That's so good... That way buying David Luiz will be justified! Especially because we also hear the rumors that Adriano is gonna be sold. David Luiz the true jack of all trades, who could play as the CB, LB and as a mid fielder as well!

Only, we should be signing 2 CBs(but knowing Zubi one of them would be David Luiz :( ) and a RB to replace Alves!

Knowing Zubi we'll probably sign worse players.

David Luiz goes too far up the pitch for me, and we already have Alba and Alves for that. I'd prefer a more defensive minded CB. Hmmm, I wonder who is a defensive minded CB who isn't slow and is good in the air. Oh, I know! BENATIA...

This board is driving me nuts.

WTF is a Benatia? Is he Brazilian? Can he play DM? No?

Luiz it is then :zubi:

I

instinct

A couple of months ago I liked the idea to completely overhaul the squad but every day this feeling disappears. Of course various changes are needed but I'm actually scared to lose some of our players without proper replacement e.g Masche and Alves. As much as I hate Mascherano sometimes, he is one of the players who always give 110% on the pitch and regarding our current lack of motivation and ambition, players like him are crucial and their value becomes extremly high.

I'm afraid of what will come....

Barcilliant

So we've apparently agreed a fee with Chelsea now . Sounds like he's coming after all .

:tata1:

Where is Blatter when you need him?

Someone call him up and request the transfer ban be reinstated!

I'd rather we promote some of our kids and give Batra the starting spot. Just get some decent CB from La Liga. There are a few around. I'd rather we just buy Zouma from Chelsea for 20M

L

Learo

A couple of months ago I liked the idea to completely overhaul the squad but every day this feeling disappears. Of course various changes are needed but I'm actually scared to lose some of our players without proper replacement e.g Masche and Alves. As much as I hate Mascherano sometimes, he is one of the players who always give 110% on the pitch and regarding our current lack of motivation and ambition, players like him are crucial and their value becomes extremly high.

I'm afraid of what will come....

Keep in mind, Lucho is a coach who can actually physically stick a rocket up most of the players' asses when they play. They will bleed to death if necessary for Lucho, so I am sure the motivation part will be corrected with him as coach. In addition, Lucho knows the youth system inside out. He is an in-house coach, and he will give much more play time to our youth. So we are getting two CBs plus a CF. That seems certain. If we get Luiz, and maybe Dede, it leaves us with 4 good CBs who are at least 184cm. This is great. And Alves might not need a replacement from the outside, as we have 4 players capable of filling the RB spot in Bartra, Montoya, Ie and Adriano. I say we go for Bartra, as he can be our new Abidal on the right.

Where is Blatter when you need him?

Someone call him up and request the transfer ban be reinstated!

I'd rather we promote some of our kids and give Batra the starting spot. Just get some decent CB from La Liga. There are a few around. I'd rather we just buy Zouma from Chelsea for 20M

Wait a minute. Why would we buy a player who was just bought by Chelsea? This is madness and even illegal I think.

Also, dont forget that Grimaldo could play a backup role for the LB as well. When Grimaldo and Ie got the full back positions for the B team, we have done great and managed to reach the play-off for promotion. Of course we are not allowed to play the play-off though.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Also, dont forget that Grimaldo could play a backup role for the LB as well. When Grimaldo and Ie got the full back positions for the B team, we have done great and managed to reach the play-off for promotion. Of course we are not allowed to play the play-off though.

:lol: Grimaldo has gotten only a few starts and Ie has played RB less than 3 times I believe. But yeah, go on with that false conclusion.

I

instinct

I don't think that Bartra could fill the RB spot as it is vital for our play and he is not that great on 1v1 situations. He is developing well on the CB spot and I think he should stay there. There are no proper replacements for Alves out there. Montoya seems the most likely option to me since our youth players are IMO not ready to fill one of the most crucial positions in our squad however I would give them various chances ASAP. I'd stick with Montoya.

I hope Lucho motivates the team. I think it's much more difficult to motivate our players than Celta players since the majority of our squad has already won it all. There is too much going wrong here. Before/after every game the players say that they are ready to give 200%, to make their fans satisfied but every game they play on 50%. If we give our all and are not able to beat Elche with the worldclass players we have, I don't believe that Lucho will make a treble winning team out of us.
Of course it's highly pessimistic but I am destined to stay pessimistic until someone proves me wrong.
A new coach alone won't make it. He needs a proper atmosphere, a season where issues like the Neymar transfer or the transfer ban won't happen and the entire backing of the board. He has to be involved in every transfer and seriously I don't think that there will be a complete turnaround in the club which will make it very difficult for Lucho to work properly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans