Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

Learo

Yeah. All I'm saying is that I don't think we need a big-name centerback. With our current management, someone like Benatia or David Luiz would come in and kick Bartra out of the starting lineup for the majority of games. Whereas if we get a lesser known or younger centerback like Martinez, Dede, Laporte, Papadoupolous, or Rakitskiy, whilst a riskier investment, would ensure that Bartra and our centerback talents in La Masia don't get kicked to the curb. They would have a fighting chance and in their competition with the new signing, the players themselves would improve (see Sanchez and Pedro with Neymar's signing). It would also be a longer term investment than 39m Euros for Luiz.

Also, by Dede, you mean this one right?

Vasco-Da-Gama-defender-Dede-is-reportedly-set-to-leave-the-club-to-join-2012-FIFA-Club-World-Cup-champions-Corinthians..jpg

Yes, thats him. Also, by not splashing outrageous amounts of money on some big name overrated player, as you say, we create real competition within the squad instead of having to play the "expensive new guy" regardless of performance. Thats exactly what we dont need. Complacent players and players on the bench not feeling they can get into the lineup no matter what. We need real competition and players knowing that if they dont perform, they will be benched for players eager to come on and show what they are good for.

L

Learo

For those advocating Dede and Doria, have either of them ever played against good opposition? At all?

Dede has numerous caps for Brazil and was Neymar's nightmare when he still played for Santos http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-mUibUXTVA

Real Madrid bought Marcelo for 6m, Varane for 10m and Higuain for 12m. Neither of them had shown nearly as much as Dede. Of course, we can let Real Madrid, Bayern and Chelsea buy these players, and then attempt to buy them from them for 50m a year or two later. Thats usually how we act on the transfer market. And then we end up with some guy from Arsenal.

So I dont really expect any of this to happen. I expect us to buy Mertesacker for 30m after failing to sign Vincent Kompany for 50m. Mascherano will be sold for 8-10m and Song for 8m. Thats what I expect to happen.

Last edited:

Co0ter

A young prospect is not what we need though. We got world class talent going to waste because parts of our team are really weak. Messi is in his prime and Iniesta just turned 30. We won't have them forever.

Bartra just turned 23- He is still young and has showed a lot of promise. We should cash in on Alves and convert Bartra to a defensive RB who can play CB if needed. He has the height to help out our CBs on set plays and he has the speed to keep up with most players. Bartra also has a great attitude and loves the club. This would allow Alba to attack almost freely like Alves used to do.

We need a leader- we have none in the defense. Bartra has the heart but he's too young and isn't even a starter yet. Benatia would be awesome. Koscielny as well but he just signed a new contact unfortunately. David Luiz is not a reliable, solid defender- he's not worth it for us.

Doria is terribly slow, no thanks. Haven't seen enough of Dede to comment on him.

L

Learo

A young prospect is not what we need though. We got world class talent going to waste because parts of our team are really weak. Messi is in his prime and Iniesta just turned 30. We won't have them forever.

Bartra just turned 23- He is still young and has showed a lot of promise. We should cash in on Alves and convert Bartra to a defensive RB who can play CB if needed. He has the height to help out our CBs on set plays and he has the speed to keep up with most players. Bartra also has a great attitude and loves the club. This would allow Alba to attack almost freely like Alves used to do.

We need a leader- we have none in the defense. Bartra has the heart but he's too young and isn't even a starter yet. Benatia would be awesome. Koscielny as well but he just signed a new contact unfortunately. David Luiz is not a reliable, solid defender- he's not worth it for us.

Doria is terribly slow, no thanks. Haven't seen enough of Dede to comment on him.

Dede isnt a young prospect. He is 26 and has been the best CB in Brazil for many years together with Miranda who was sold to Atletico Madrid a couple of years ago.

I dread seeing Mertesacker being signed for 30m though, in order to get the mandatory Premier League player in our team.

Last edited:

onzeXI

Until the Atletico game, all of these rumors are pretty much irrelevant. We won't announce who our new coach is and who we are interested until the end of the season, especially since any deal will have to be approved by our new coach (most likely Lucho).

40 million for Luiz is insane though. 35 million tops.

39M for a player Mou doesn't want? No problemo. That's what I call hard bargaining. :thumbdown:

B

beautifulgame

For those advocating Dede and Doria, have either of them ever played against good opposition? At all?

Nope, Western Europe has only legitimate leagues and competition in the world actually, so no.

Lol semi, the seria a and the copa lib not significant enough? Both players are heavily monitored by many big clubs, especially Doria given his age and maturity. Plenty teams from Italy like juvebtis and coaches like conte and mourinho are said to be keen on such players

fcbdna

Banned
As much as I hate to admit it. . . Luiz might just be what we need. If we get him, due to his speed we can play a 3 man defense consisting of himself, Pique and Batra. Then again if Luiz isn't sufficient to requirement.. It will afford Batra the chance to grow as he would bench Luiz and play in our more customary 4 man defense. Partnering Pique in the center. In some games requiring real physical play, we can also opt for a more defensive approach by playing Luiz as a wing-back in a four man defense too. He is fast, likes attacking and is strong. its scary and a huge gamble but I am seeing some positives.

Last edited:

Behrox

Vice President of FC Barcelona
As much as I hate to admit it. . . Luiz might just be what we need. If we get him, due to his speed we can play a 3 man defense consisting of himself, Pique and Batra. Then again if Luiz isn't sufficient to requirement.. It will afford Batra the chance to grow as he would bench Luiz and play in our more customary 4 man defense. Partnering Pique in the center. In some games requiring real physical play, we can also opt for a more defensive approach by playing Luiz as a wing-back in a four man defense too. He is fast, likes attacking and is strong. its scary and a huge gamble but I am seeing some positives.

The problem with Luiz is not his physical attributes but his mental ones he doesn't look to have the patience we need in a CB and is too attack minded plus he has lapses of concentration which are worrying for a CB in a high line

ivan_barca

Despite rumours about a deal being close, Barcelona sports director Zubizarreta doesn't want to sign Chelsea player David Luiz (27). [md]

Zubi out :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans