Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ghostmaster

Danger Ahead
Barcelona and Real Madrid are both interested in Arturo Vidal. Price is 40MIL. Alexis and Adriano could take part in the deal [Sport]

That's what he said previously about these rumors: "Join Real Madrid or Barcelona? That's ridiculous! All I want is to win the league with Juventus and have a good World Cup,"

L

Learo

Keep in mind, players that turned great like Xavi, Iniesta, Cesc and Messi were all super amazing at 17. But other players that turned into greats like Busquets, Valdes and Pedro definitely were not, and would have been dismissed even as 20 year olds as mediocre compared to their peers. So we can never really know who makes it. Some make great leaps early on, while others are late bloomers. Puyol can also be included in the latter category, making his debut at 21 or 22 for the first team I believe.

But the fact that there is a 13 year gap between Puyol and Thiago shows that there is not just "a single generation of great players" coming from La Masia. And the same arguments were used for not playing Thiago that much. It was also used against Busquets. Xavi/Iniesta were once in a lifetime it was said, and we cant expect those others to be that great so we shouldnt trust them that much.

Last edited:
I

instinct

That's what he said previously about these rumors: "Join Real Madrid or Barcelona? That's ridiculous! All I want is to win the league with Juventus and have a good World Cup,"

Well the league is already won :pep: Let him have a good World Cup and then we can speak again :pep: I wouldn't take such quotes serious. Every footballer makes that kind of statements and in the end they leave. I don't want to say that he'll certainly join us/Real but this statement doesn't proof the opposite either.

Zincubus

Banned
Can you please give me a link where he said all that?

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/joe-cole-backs-jose-mourinho-1676709

http://talksport.com/sports-news/fo...-cole-jose-mourinho-best-manager-world-196999

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/444645/West-Ham-s-Joe-Cole-is-a-happy-little-Iron

I've seen many, many gifted players who have never lived upto their potential and most of their time it's their own fault rather than others. And I know that, because I have played with such players at a professional club at youth level.

Joe Cole was a gifted player, but as most english players, ridiculously overrated by the media as well.

As regards Joe Cole . No I can't recall where I read that BUT I do remember after Joe scored the winner against Liverpool , Jose said in the after match interview that they had played with ten men because Joe hadn't been doing his defensive duties ..... Shades of the current Hazard situation. ....

Sorry with going off topic buys !

That is questionable. If I were a president, I wouldn't rely that much (only) on La Masia.
It's a philosophy and a choice. It's not only relying on youth but if you invest in them they need to get chances.
I agree, the problem is that Barcelona wants to win everything so players often don't have the time to grow/evolve/develop.

The real question should be what to expect from La Masia.
Winning the CL every 2 years with only la Masia? that's bullshit.
La Masia being the framework of the first team with some bought elite players? 50% La masia, 50% bought and trying to win titles? that should be realistic if you don't expect 15 titles in 4 years.
Bartra, Montoya, Sergi aren't the new Busquets and iniesta but if you handle them well they will be valuable, good and decent team members. Guys who are happy, homegrown, cheap, reliable,...
some of them (now and future) might develop world class, some will be good enough and others won't.
But only training or only play them as a desperate measure (Bartra against Bayern) is the wrong way. In that case you risk them running away and you are arguing about buying Vertonghen and co (who aren't better than the homegrown kids)

Tata eg used nobody and that's a huge mistake.
just as Valdes said, he needed Van Gaal to get his chance.
Same goes for all the others, they all got their first team chance under the dutch coaches (Gaal, Rijkaard).
Gaal and Rijkaard used a lot more youth players (remember a few games) and 95% of them are all long forgotten.
With another coach, one like Tata, none of them would have gotten a fair chance and maybe we wouldn't be talking about this golden generation.

but that's something you only know afterwards.

Last edited:

CatalinR10

Miguel Reina (father): "Pepe would also like to return to Barça. It's his home, where he grew up. He has what is needed to play at Barça."

Miguel Reina (father, ex-Barcelona): "I would be delighted if Pepe would return to Barça. My god... How great would that be!" [ser]

Behrox

Vice President of FC Barcelona
Miguel Reina (father): "Pepe would also like to return to Barça. It's his home, where he grew up. He has what is needed to play at Barça."

Miguel Reina (father, ex-Barcelona): "I would be delighted if Pepe would return to Barça. My god... How great would that be!" [ser]

Please just be a dream we don't need someone else on the decline having a huge wage bill

L

Learo

I wouldnt mind Reina on a free transfer as security if ter Stegen cant cut it for some reason.

Regarding La Masia, isnt it amazing that Barca B managed to get qualifying play-off spot for promotion to Primera??? I am sure several players of that team will be useful for the first team in the future.

L

linetty

What is great in Reina returning to Barcelona? Aren't we supposed to strengthen the squad? His wages would also be ridiculous, don't ever say Reina and Barça in one sentence again

Behrox

Vice President of FC Barcelona
What is great in Reina returning to Barcelona? Aren't we supposed to strengthen the squad? His wages would also be ridiculous, don't ever say Reina and Barça in one sentence again

How about Reina will never join FC Barcelona :pep:

Crixus

Barcelona and Real Madrid are both interested in Arturo Vidal. Price is 40MIL. Alexis and Adriano could take part in the deal [Sport]

+ La Gazzetta dello Sport says Juventus has chosen Pogba over Vidal and is set to sell the Chilean to Barcelona or Real Madrid.

Last edited:

serghei

It's a philosophy and a choice. It's not only relying on youth but if you invest in them they need to get chances.
I agree, the problem is that Barcelona wants to win everything so players often don't have the time to grow/evolve/develop.

Define chances. Chances as in... what... playing time at the expense of results and titles? When you start a youngster in a game, that's a chance right there. From that point on, it's up to that player to play in a way that would make you give him another chance, and another one, and another one. Until the promise becomes a certainty.

Last edited:

Define chances. Chances as in... what... playing time at the expense of results and titles? When you start a youngster in a game, that's a chance right there. From that point on, it's up to that player to play in a way that would make you give him another chance, and another one, and another one. Until the promise becomes a certainty.
that's one way to look at it but the wrong one imo
according to this idea Bartra should have been sold last year (he played really bad against Bayern)

eg I only see sergi play after minute 88 and when he starts it's once in a season with b-players like Song.
A chance is giving him 4-5 in a row in a midfield with Busi/iniesta/..., no matter what.
If in oktober no title will be jeopardized and after those games you get an idea if he got what it takes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans