Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

Learo

Villa's goal in the 2011 final was alone worth 40m

Shame he was never the same after his injury. Nonetheless even in his last season he was better than Pedro and Alexis yet he was treated like trash by Tito.

And blaming Ibra due to his price tag is idiotic. That's on pep.

Who said I blamed the players? I blame the people in charge. The fact that we think a player is worth a gazillion euros just for a single goal just shows how deeply starved we are of sensible and bargain transfers. The last time we bought a player that increased in value while he played for us was Yaya Toure 7 years ago. That is a loooong time.

L

Learo

Barcelona scouts have watched Toulouse right back and Ivory Coast international Serge Aurier (21) several times this season. [md]

Yeah, and watch us try to sign Zabaleta for 40m instead. He ticks the boxes of being close to 30, ludicrously expensive, plays for a rich PL club and highly exposed and massively overrated.

L

Learo

villa and ibra did improve the team. caceres was a young player. cesc is a failure to some and not to others, tbh the only real failure was hleb. he only cost 15 million.

With Ibra, we basically paid 70m to weaken our team while Inter with Eto went on to win the CL. Caceres was said to be this proven player with La Liga experience that was perfect for us and his price tag would be justified because he was proven in Spain.

barca1899

Barcelona scouts have watched Toulouse right back and Ivory Coast international Serge Aurier (21) several times this season. [md] :yes:

ceefoo

9 out of his 21 Goals were tap-ins even without a Goalkeeper infront of him.
Remove those 9 Goals, his shooting accuracy stats looks much worse then.

Also, add Champions league where he never scores.
:shh: Shh! Some potential buyers may be watching. ;)

Cule4life

The Culest
Who said I blamed the players? I blame the people in charge. The fact that we think a player is worth a gazillion euros just for a single goal just shows how deeply starved we are of sensible and bargain transfers. The last time we bought a player that increased in value while he played for us was Yaya Toure 7 years ago. That is a loooong time.

Dunno why you are arguing. With idiots like Zubi running our transfers what do you expect?

Yeah we are shit at transfers and scouting but now's not the time to turn into Porto and look for value everywhere with the accumulated deadwood in the squad and the transfer ban looming. We can try to do that from next transfer window but currently we have no choice but to reinforce the squad with two Windows' worth of transfers

Hamzah

High Definition Member
i get what you're saying and obviously its good to get young players for cheap, but sometimes its better to just get the guy that's already at top level. we have bartra as our young cb anyway.

serghei

Scouts for Aurier. Lol. Some clubs must have already initiated contact with Toulouse by now. And we send scouts. :lol: The guys is one of the few RBs out there that could replace Dani Alves.

L

Learo

True.

Roma, Porto, Ajax and "smaller" clubs can afford to buy 5 players with potentials for 10+10+10+10+10 Millions each and then wait and see how will they develop.
If a player will be a flop, they will resell him for 5M.
But always 2 out 5 players will turn out to be like Benatia, and they will earn +15 or +20 Millions after one Season.

Barce can't afford that.
We can't go out and play a gamble with unproven players.
Because we always need results right now.

Roma/Ajax can play a gamble. If they win something=awesome.
If not=they earned money, so they will try to get results in the next year.

This is why our board will always look stupid. (Even though they are stupid currently)

Thats nonsense. Other big clubs do buy younger players all the time. Its very rare to see a player go from a rich club to another rich club. The players who play in the biggest clubs today have usually come from a small club for relatively little money.

BBZ8800

Are you serious? That's your argument, "remove those x goals and his accuracy is etc. etc."?

My point was, in the last 10 years, we always had 3-4 forwards who can score a lot of Goals per Season and not only tap-ins.
Currently, only Messi can score "normal" Goals.

Ney, Pedro and Alexis need struggle with scoring, and they can score only tap-ins lately. For regular Goals they need around 10 attempts (I exaggerated with 20 shots).

Then, you put Alexis stats and they should prove that he is a class player/striker for us.
And I am just trying to say that he was very lucky with his stats this Season because of 9 tap-ins, and that those stats can mask his real "quality", or how average he is.

Without them, he is still very average/poor striker for Barca's level in the past 10 Years.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
With Ibra, we basically paid 70m to weaken our team while Inter with Eto went on to win the CL. Caceres was said to be this proven player with La Liga experience that was perfect for us and his price tag would be justified because he was proven in Spain.

ibra improved the team. also caceres had only one season of actually playing games in la liga and was 21 years old. he was the ''young signing'' you want but didn't work out. others do. that's why i am saying its sometimes to get proven player. this is one of those situations.

serghei

he is still very average/poor striker for Barca's level in the past 10 Years.

OK. I'm done. I'll post this again.

Most Goals+Assists in year 2013 for Club and Country:
1. Cristiano Ronaldo - Goals + Assists: 61
Goals: 50 Assists: 13 Matches: 45
2. Lionel Messi - Goals + Assists: 57
Goals: 42 Assists: 15 Matches: 40
3. Neymar - Goals + Assists: 48
Goals: 25 Assists: 23 Matches: 49
4. Robert Lewandowski - Goals + Assists: 39
Goals: 32 Assists: 7 Matches: 42
5. Zlatan Ibrahimovic - Goals + Assists: 38
Goals: 26 Assists: 12 Matches: 42
6. Thomas Muller - Goals + Assists: 36
Goals: 23 Assists: 13 Matches: 42
7. Arjen Robben - Goals + Assists: 31
Goals: 18 Assists: 13 Matches: 40
8. Mesut Ozil - Goals + Assists: 31
Goals: 7 Assists: 24 Matches: 41
9. Alvaro Negredo - Goals + Assists: 30
Goals: 26 Assists: 4 Matches: 40
10. Alexis Sanchez - Goals + Assists: 30
Goals: 17 Assists: 13 Matches: 44

L

linetty

Yeah, and watch us try to sign Zabaleta for 40m instead. He ticks the boxes of being close to 30, ludicrously expensive, plays for a rich PL club and highly exposed and massively overrated.
We have not been linked to Zabaleta, not even once

Aurier is brilliant by the way

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans