Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

oz187

Having a true 9 would mean we can use the tactics we used against Milan last season. It would mean it is more of a 3-4-3 with Alves playing as more of a right winger and the leftback playing conservatively.

F

Flavia

2nqthcj.jpg

Haedo Valdez feeling proud to be on md's list for the possible 9 for Barça.

XaviMessiGirl

Via reports in Italy we're being linked to Graziano Pellè. I've only ever seen him a little bit when he was at Parma/Sampdoria though so I don't really know much about him. Any Dutch members here have watched much of him for AZ or Feyenoord? His goalscoring ratio looks decent but that doesn't necessarily translate to how he would play for Barca.

Also a name being mentioned for new gk is Inter's Francesco Bardi (now on loan at Livorno). This kid has shown a lot of potential for Italia U21, he's shown promise at Livorno too but still has made a few costly errors recently. However he's young & that will probably change with experience. But the source is dubious, so I wouldn't give much weight to it right now.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
Whether this is true or more press smoke, if this is in fact being pushed within Barca, IMHO this has Tata written all over it. You've seen already the slight change towards a more direct possession style, and further, you've seen already Lionel Messi playing more like a true 9, rather than a false 9.
Tata is a guy that likes options, he is a strategist, a planner. I'm sure he has seen something from this team in the games he has coached so far, in which he believes a supersub area 9 player can be an excellent complement.

I'm also sure he is not ignorant to the way both Lionel Messi and Neymar play, and they great rapport they have in their national teams with a target man up front.

Meitux

Nah.. not really sure for Pelle, Eredivisie is not an easy place to trust for a striker. Bony may well be proved a very good player but it happens once for a time, it can't be trustable for everyone else. Bas Dost was the top scorer in 2011/2012 season with 32 goals in the leauge and now he's at Wolfsburg being a bench player. I don't know if this is a case of a striker to have a regular role or a ''plan B'' as been most said but i don't think in both cases Pelle is a solution, not only because of that is easy to score goals there but generally i don't think he's a good player, just average. Video proves nothing really, you can see a video with Bendtner's goals and think that he's a good player..

Last edited:

Banana-Rama

Nah.. not really sure for Pelle, Eredivisie is not an easy place to trust for a striker. Bony may well be proved a very good player but it happens once for a time, it can't be trustable for everyone else. Bas Dost was the top scorer in 2011/2012 season with 32 goals in the leauge and now he's at Wolfsburg being a bench player. I don't know if this is a case of a striker to have a regular role or a ''plan B'' as been most said but i don't think in both cases Pelle is a solution, not only because of that is easy to score goals there but generally i don't think he's a good player, just average. Video proves nothing really, you can see a video with Bedtner's goals and think that he's a good player..

pelle hasn't suddenly turned into a top class striker in the last year at the age of 28, he's just had a good season in a poor league, his journeyman career and lack of goals before feyenoord tells the true story...

Meitux

pelle hasn't suddenly turned into a top class striker in the last year at the age of 28, he's just had a good season in a poor league, his journeyman career and lack of goals before feyenoord tells the true story...
In the case you didn't understand my post was exactly about that Pelle is not a good player...

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
Another problem with this scenario is exactly that. All the players linked are really subpar or over the hill. I mean Klose and Trezeguet are just too old now and Haedo Valdez is not that good.

I wanted Barca to sign Daniel Osvaldo earlier in the summer. He could have come relatively cheap from Roma and would have been a great option for this role.

XaviMessiGirl

Anyone think Trezeguet might be the frontrunner since he's currently at Newell's? I know it's only a loan & that he didn't actually work under Tata, but he might be keeping a closer eye on him than the others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans