Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Thats quite suprising that he commented on the rumour! And positive as well!
Well, he scored a brace against us... I remember he had a great background story too. He was working for his hometown club as a ballboy if I remember right. He used to sleep in the basement of the very club. He somehow got a chance to play for them and never looked back. One of the most inspiring success stories!!

"As Sid Lowe wrote in the Guardian, Valdez’s path to professional soccer is hard to imagine. At 15, Valdez was sleeping under the bleachers of a local soccer stadium in his native Paraguay. He walked around during the day, worked when he could, drank cane alcohol, and barely slept.

He also played soccer, catching the eye of a German scout at 17. In the first game of a trial (basically, a tryout) with German team Werder Bremen, Valdez scored four goals and earned his contract. His career has brought him across Germany, to a World Cup in South Africa, and now to the south of Spain with Hércules.

While Valdez worked his ass off to get out of Paraguay, he still gives back to his hometown. Valdez “sends €10,000 (£8,285) a month to his home town,” Lowe said, “where a community depends on him, and buys presents for 1,500 kids every Christmas.”

Get him Tata... We were linked with him previously too, of course the summer after he scored a brace against us :p

Last edited:
B

beautifulgame

Well, he scored a brace against us... I remember he had a great background story too. He was working for his hometown club as a ballboy if I remember right. He used to sleep in the basement of the very club. He somehow got a chance to play for them and never looked back. One of the most inspiring success stories!!

"As Sid Lowe wrote in the Guardian, Valdez’s path to professional soccer is hard to imagine. At 15, Valdez was sleeping under the bleachers of a local soccer stadium in his native Paraguay. He walked around during the day, worked when he could, drank cane alcohol, and barely slept.

He also played soccer, catching the eye of a German scout at 17. In the first game of a trial (basically, a tryout) with German team Werder Bremen, Valdez scored four goals and earned his contract. His career has brought him across Germany, to a World Cup in South Africa, and now to the south of Spain with Hércules.

While Valdez worked his ass off to get out of Paraguay, he still gives back to his hometown. Valdez “sends €10,000 (£8,285) a month to his home town,” Lowe said, “where a community depends on him, and buys presents for 1,500 kids every Christmas.”

Get him Tata... We were linked with him previously too, of course the summer after he scored a brace against us :p

amazing! :wub:

Barcilliant

I think a lot of you are seriously undervaluing the great asset that is having a true area 9. Aside from the obvious fact that this team only has one natural goal scorer in Messi (neither Neymar yet, nor Alexis or Pedro, are natural goal scorers), having a true area 9 on the team gives a humongous amount of space to both Messi and Neymar. It creates a direct dimension to the attack of the team for select encounters where directness is superior to possession.

There are only 3 issues with getting this type of player. Money, willingness to accept a secondary role, and talent. If you can find a talented player, that will not break your bank and is willing to accept coming of the bench and non guaranteed minutes, there is absolutely no question a player like this will improve the team.

Imagine only a team planning to play against the standard Barca formation with the trusty parked bus strategy. It works like a charm for 1 half of football, then suddenly, Barca spring you with a physical area 9 to release Messi and Neymar and proceed to completely throw all your plans out the window.

This is 100% correct. We played against a skilled tough team in Athletico Madrid and didnt create many chances. I am sure Tata has seen the matches against Chelsea, Inter and other teams where a SKILLED, well drilled defence completely neutered us.

Tata is smart and we need options-we need a plan B in attack. This is where a number 9 is needed. Ibra wasn't a proper 9. I was screaming for someone like Drogba or even a Forlan 2-3 years ago. I hope we get a CF but I don't want Klose. I think he's past it though I may be wrong. I am pretty sure we will get a proper number 9 and Messi and Neymar may play behind him in certain matches.

Galning

It's all good that we want a new "Larsson" but Klose in Barça... :lol: Don't get me wrong he is a great finisher but come on.. people are already dissing great technical players like Fàbregas, Alexis, Pedro,... when they fuck up an attack. Imagine what would happen if someone like Klose is dropped into this team.

barcanuck

It's all good that we want a new "Larsson" but Klose in Barça... :lol: Don't get me wrong he is a great finisher but come on.. people are already dissing great technical players like Fàbregas, Alexis, Pedro,... when they fuck up an attack. Imagine what would happen if someone like Klose is dropped into this team.

Who cares about people. Were we dissing Larsson when he came in off the bench and headed in goals?

DennyCrane

Ah man, he's a cool guy and all that but he's got some phases when he wouldn't hit a target the size of an oil rig sometimes.

What Barca really needs though, is ̶a̶̶ ̶̶g̶̶e̶̶r̶̶m̶̶a̶̶n̶ Miro Klose.

Icarium

Lifestealer
Barcelona have positive scouting reports on Atletico (Chelsea) goalkeeper Thibaut Courtois (21), but he's not Zubizarreta's favourite.

Zubi :shakeshead:

putogusiluz8

The Pale One
How good is courtios with the ball at his feet? I think we're gonna miss Valdes in that aspect regardless of who comes, few gk can pass like an outfielder.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
How good is courtios with the ball at his feet? I think we're gonna miss Valdes in that aspect regardless of who comes, few gk can pass like an outfielder.

That's where Courtois is ordinary, tbh - Kicking, ball at his feet and general speed/quickness...He's got great size, anticipates well and punches away an impressive number of shots

Probably makes Ter Stegen the likely favorite when you consider the rumours for more than a year now...Zubi, being a former keeper for the club, makes him better at choosing the right profile for a goalkeeper than many, IMO

Shegzy

That's where Courtois is ordinary, tbh - Kicking, ball at his feet and general speed/quickness...He's got great size, anticipates well and punches away an impressive number of shots

Probably makes reina and Ter Stegen the likely favorite when you consider the rumours for more than a year now...Zubi, being a former keeper for the club, makes him better at choosing the right profile for a goalkeeper than many, IMO

i know zubi choice will be pepe reina because of him coming from the academy combine with him been cheap and easy to get.but i wish we get one of ter stergen or courtois.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
We need two GKs as Valdes is leaving and Pinto is most likely retiring so Reina as 2nd choice and ter Stegen/Courtois as 1st choice?

But to be honest, then I'll keep my expactations down this time after the CB fiasco we faced in summer.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
MD already has a De Gea rumour posted, saying the player would be open to a move if the club came in with a serious offer...I suspect we'll see a Ter Stegen rumour soon again too now that Courtois & De Gea have both been in the headlines

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans