Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

Learo

Huge arguments going on in ManCity forum. . . Seeing that Yaya is pissed off at the club, some say they should give us Yaya + 10 million for Cesc. I'd accept.

Cesc is 27. Yaya is 31 with his best years behind him with an agent clearly looking to cash in on Yaya's season. Awful deal. We should get at least 40m for Cesc, possibly 50m. Not to mention, Yaya is on 15m euros per year, twice what Iniesta is on...

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Arsenal has right of first refusal on Cesc for 30M. 45M will not happen. What Daily Mail said is also absolute false.

Nope. They have a buy back of 30m and a first refusal.

Considering we'll never sell for 30m, they have the right to use the 1st refusal option which is activated solely by matching the other team's bid. We must also inform them about every bid recieved for Cesc.

anguy

Arsenal have right to buy Cesc for 30mil, but do they need him? They have Ramsey and Ozil and need striker, DM and RB, so it's likely fiscal conservative like Wenger will pass.

Trickykid

Arsenal have right to buy Cesc for 30mil, but do they need him? They have Ramsey and Ozil and need striker, DM and RB, so it's likely fiscal conservative like Wenger will pass.

Fab has close to saint-like status in Arsenal, so I'm pretty sure they'd pay the 30M in the blink of an eye, if Barca and Fab himself gives the go-ahead. Hell, I've no doubt they'd easily accommodate him by either selling or re-positioning players for the sake of fitting him in.

Ryan_Cule

barça amor d mi alma
Nope. They have a buy back of 30m and a first refusal.

Considering we'll never sell for 30m, they have the right to use the 1st refusal option which is activated solely by matching the other team's bid. We must also inform them about every bid recieved for Cesc.

No,I'm sure Arsenal don't have a compulsory buy back. Suppose United or any other team tries to buy Cesc for 45M, Arsenal can refuse it and buy him for 30M.

anguy

To the transfer targets - I don't like most of them - having Stegen and Caballero in one team is recipe for disaster (just look at Madrid), Cuadrado is more of a winger, than RB, Luiz is poor defender etc.

IMO the ideal purchases would be:

Benatia/Musacchio as CB
some other more universal CB that can also play LB if Adriano leaves (Laporte, Vertonghen, Balanta)
Serge Aurier/De Sciglio for RB (better than Cuadrado)
universal CM - Pjanic, Vidal
RW - Reus
9 - Llorente, Cavani, Lukaku.

That's six players we need, because next summer there might be transfer ban and we won't be able to upgrade squad at all.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
No,I'm sure Arsenal don't have a compulsory buy back. Suppose United or any other team tries to buy Cesc for 45M, Arsenal can refuse it and buy him for 30M.

Could be. This is way too confusing. Tried to find some articles and such about it and most of them contradict eachother

fcbdna

Banned
To the transfer targets - I don't like most of them - having Stegen and Caballero in one team is recipe for disaster (just look at Madrid), Cuadrado is more of a winger, than RB, Luiz is poor defender etc.

Benatia/Musacchio as CB
some other more universal CB that can also play LB if Adriano leaves (Laporte, Vertonghen, Balanta)
RW - Reus

That's six players we need, because next summer there might be transfer ban and we won't be able to upgrade squad at all.

The same De Sciglio who can't get into Milan's shitty compulsory starting 11. Yeah right!

hulinat

Benatia/Musacchio as CB
RW - Reus

So if we were to buy Reus as RW and Llorente/Cavani/Lukaku as striker then what position would Messi play? It would be extremely stupid to buy a player like Cavani for 60M+ and then never play him. Messi is wasted on the wing + you'd have to rotate him with Alexis, Pedro, Reus, (Deulofeu). Look at our current midfield. There's Xavi, Iniesta, Fabregas, Busquets, JDS, S Roberto, (Song). They're all from La Masia. Barca has the best youth academy in the world and you should use it rather than spending 50M on a midfielder that could of been bought for less than 10M a few years ago. Musacchio isn't really an ideal option for Barca either as he'd cost around 50M.

L

Learo

So if we were to buy Reus as RW and Llorente/Cavani/Lukaku as striker then what position would Messi play? It would be extremely stupid to buy a player like Cavani for 60M+ and then never play him. Messi is wasted on the wing + you'd have to rotate him with Alexis, Pedro, Reus, (Deulofeu). Look at our current midfield. There's Xavi, Iniesta, Fabregas, Busquets, JDS, S Roberto, (Song). They're all from La Masia. Barca has the best youth academy in the world and you should use it rather than spending 50M on a midfielder that could of been bought for less than 10M a few years ago. Musacchio isn't really an ideal option for Barca either as he'd cost around 50M.

Why in the world would a player like Musacchio cost 50M? Thats an insane price. 15m sure, but 50m?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans