Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Maybe Willy will accept being #2 so he can win some trophies and get in the Argentina squad for Copa America in a couple of years? :pep:

But to be fair then he will prolly get in the squad once Sabella is gone anyway. He is a very good GK and getting him would be great. We can have him play CL and Copa the 1st sesaon and the Copa the next season or after two seasons from then on. Or maybe he agrees on only playing in Copa Del Rey, who knows....

L

linetty

Caballero (Malaga): "I'm reading a lot of things, it would be an honour to play for Barça, but there has been no contact for now." [ser]

Tomorrow he'll say that he is leaving in the summer...and then he'll say he's going to a very particular club...looking forward to going through this again

Last edited:

Ryan_Cule

barça amor d mi alma
Caballero:"Two good goalkeepers can compete for a spot on a team. Competition improves the number 1 spot."

"Yes,can coexist with two and up to 3 very good goalkeepers in a same team".

"if they are looking for an experienced goalkeeper there should be many. If at any time Barca calls me, I will talk about it with my agent and the club".

"It is an honor and pride you relate me with Barca. It is a great team,but now I don't know anything."

"I will sign for Barca?" I have read it in the newspapers but I have not had any serious conversation, at the moment these are just rumors"

Willy Caballero. He sure looks interested. :D

anguy

Caballero (Malaga): "I'm reading a lot of things, it would be an honour to play for Barça, but there has been no contact for now." [ser]

Tomorrow he'll say that he is leaving in the summer...and then he'll say he's going to a very particular club...looking forward to going through this again

NOOOOOOOO, people did you see what happened to Real Madrid, who had 2 good GK? Do you really want such controversy in Barca, divided locker room, media speculation etc.? If you want good No. 2 sign someone old, or some young talented backup. Two such great GKs as Caballero and ter Stegen in same are recipe for disaster!!!

I

instinct

Sure, buy a 2nd Pinto. Afterwards, according to our enormous luck, ter-Stegen gets injured and we are stuck with someone like Brad Friedel ( :lol: ) and end up like we've ended up this season. I'm sure Enrique is able to manage the team properly.

anguy

Sure, buy a 2nd Pinto. Afterwards, according to our enormous luck, ter-Stegen gets injured and we are stuck with someone like Brad Friedel ( :lol: ) and end up like we've ended up this season. I'm sure Enrique is able to manage the team properly.

Show me a team that carries 2 elite keepers (yes both Stegen and Caballero are elite). It's not done, because it rarely ends well. It's like having 2 great QBs in NFL in the same team.

JamDav1982

Show me a team that carries 2 elite keepers (yes both Stegen and Caballero are elite). It's not done, because it rarely ends well. It's like having 2 great QBs in NFL in the same team.

Arguably neither are 'elite'.

Real Madrid is one team that does it.

anguy

Arguably neither are 'elite'.

Real Madrid is one team that does it.

And it caused them a lot of problems. Plus Lopez was not that well known, before they signed him, I'm talking about 2 established GKs who could surely start in CL European teams.

JamDav1982

And it caused them a lot of problems. Plus Lopez was not that well known, before they signed him, I'm talking about 2 established GKs who could surely start in CL European teams.

Lopez not well known? He had played Champions League football and played for Villareal team that finished third.

Caballero is not 'elite'. Very good goal keeper but europes top teams wont look to him as a starter.

Who do you think should be the back up? A player of what standard?

khaled_a_d

Someone like Pinto in the past 6 years not this season version will be amazing,Pinto has been a very good back up GK for long time

Barcelona are among the many clubs interested in Athletic B midfielder Ager Aketxe (19), for the B-team. He could leave on loan. [desmarque]

Barcelona have excellent scouting reports on Liverpool Reserves midfielder Cameron Brannagan (18). Consider signing him for B-team. [marca]

tfw ur academy is so good barca look to it for a saviour

Both plays in Hallilovic position so I doubt it ,that said to his credit Zubi has brought some good players to Barca B so I would trust him on that

Alarcón

NOOOOOOOO, people did you see what happened to Real Madrid, who had 2 good GK? Do you really want such controversy in Barca, divided locker room, media speculation etc.? If you want good No. 2 sign someone old, or some young talented backup. Two such great GKs as Caballero and ter Stegen in same are recipe for disaster!!!

they're in the CL final

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans