Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

JamDav1982

Last summer was the time to get him Mathieu.

He was available for around 6/7m then with a year more in front of him.

Said at time he would be a great signing.

JamDav1982

BTW Lopez aint elite by any standard. Great GK absolutely talented. . . But not elite as of yet!

Yeah I agree Lopez not elite but just giving example of two established keepers at same club.

I dont think either Ter Stegen or Caballero are elite either neither will believe it is their absolute right to be a first choice at a club a big as Barca.

E

El_e8

I'm sure Barca will continue tradition where first GK plays La Liga and second Copa games. Personally I think Ter Stegen should play Copa games in his debut season. Less pressure.

Don't kill me, I just dont rate him at all. yet

fcbdna

Banned
Yeah I agree Lopez not elite but just giving example of two established keepers at same club.

I dont think either Ter Stegen or Caballero are elite either neither will believe it is their absolute right to be a first choice at a club a big as Barca.

True. . . They can co-exist perfectly.

I'm sure Barca will continue tradition where first GK plays La Liga and second Copa games. Personally I think Ter Stegen should play Copa games in his debut season. Less pressure.

Sure lets judge the book by its cover. Great idea.:worthy:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Well.... I've had enough of Ter Stegen discussion for today. IMHO, having a young keeper who established himself in another team at such a young age (Pressure!!!!!!!) who played several great matches against team's like Bayern and Dortmund(Pressure!!!!!!) and having him play minimal amount of games in his debut season and warming the bench is the perfect recipe of destroying his confidence.

L

linetty

Nope, he will be our #1 keeper and rightly so.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
Buying a 2nd experienced goal keeper is all fine and good, the team needs to secure themselves against injuries and poor form, etc. However all this crap about competition or sitting Stegen and just giving him Copa games at first is a load of crap.

The team bought this guy to be their starting keeper and that is what he is. There's no sense in protecting him against a failure that hasn't happened yet. It would be like being totally healthy, yet buying some expensive crutches and walking around using them just so you can learn to walk in crutches in the off chance you break your leg. Talk about putting the cart before the horse.

Stegen has top in the world potential, while Caballero is what he is, a really good keeper, but he ain't going past that.

Stegen is your starting keeper, anyone else you get is for insurance against injury and performance. Period.

Oh, and they better be cheap. No expensive backup keeper nonsense like Pepe Reina.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans