Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Co0ter

Silly season folks. Anyway I'm happy with a defensive RB while Alba plays. Either Bartra or Masche needs to play there imagine Masch as RB he would be sick.

Masch has been played at RB before and he was awful. Doesn't have the pace and his reading of the game is less utilized on the wing. Masch will always be a mediocre player as long as he's playing outside his DM role- which is not his fault.

I believe Bartra could be a great defensive RB- it also gives Alba freedom to attack like Abidal gave to Alves. If we signed Benatia, him and Pique would be our main CBs....with Bartra hopefully playing RB, with him and Masch as 3rd/4th option CB. That's cutting it thin in the back...but I don't see us signing two big CBs like Benatia plus Laporte/Marquinhos....that'd be just too good to be true.

Lomar1o

Benatia would be a fantastic signing.

Piqué - 192 cm
Benatia - 192 cm
Busquets - 189 cm

Me like :)

it isn't only about a height. puyol is shorter than pique but he was a beast in the air. defensively pique is good, but offensively he rarely touches the ball in the air, i think even bartra is better than him. and busquets? lol. he plays amazingly with his head but only when it comes to thinking, planning and organizing play, but he's no threat in the air at all.

The only way we can realistically get Marquinhos is if we involve Alves in the deal.

If we want a youngster, we should go for Laporte instead. He'd be expensive, but he wouldn't be impossible, unlike Marquinhos. IF PSG were to sell Marquinhos to us (HUGE if), he'd be more expensive than Laporte.

Last edited:

fcbdna

Banned
Silly season folks. Anyway I'm happy with a defensive RB while Alba plays. Either Bartra or Masche needs to play there imagine Masch as RB he would be sick.
Yeah so sick, he'd infect every fan and make them puke! You know a player is bad when his fans keep trying to force him into the team, suggesting positions to play him at. Masch is not a CB, not a Barca quality DM and definitely not a right back. . . Lets just sell him to Napoli and make some damn money!

fcbdna

Banned
Won't be bad playing Marquinhos as RB. His fast likes to attack and can actually defend. I think he is right footed too.

BarçAjax8

I believe Bartra could be a great defensive RB- it also gives Alba freedom to attack like Abidal gave to Alves. If we signed Benatia, him and Pique would be our main CBs....with Bartra hopefully playing RB, with him and Masch as 3rd/4th option CB. That's cutting it thin in the back...but I don't see us signing two big CBs like Benatia plus Laporte/Marquinhos....that'd be just too good to be true.

I agree that we need a Right-Sided Abidal so Jordi has the freedom to attack on the left. Bartra has so many similarities to Puyol and he started as a R/LB. Bartra has great technique to help with the buildup but it's his defensive abilities which will help us maintain possession and defuse counters. On top of that Bartra has just been too good to be dropped to the bench. He deserves a spot in the XI and he can shine with this role.

I hope either Mangala/Laporte/Benatia/Hummels are brought in to partner Pique and Ie should be promoted from Barcelona B. Giving us the new signing, Pique, Bartra & Ie with Mascherano as an emergency 5th CB option. Our R/LB options will be Alba, Montoya & Adriano (able to play on either flank) with Bartra & Ie able to fill in at RB as well. This is a good amount of depth where each player would get a good amount of playing time without leaving players to rot on the bench.

sabby

Maybe Willy will accept being #2 so he can win some trophies and get in the Argentina squad for Copa America in a couple of years? :pep:

Isn't Romero very very good ? I saw him a couple of years ago last time and he performed brilliantly with consistency.

sabby

Btw, whatever happened to Santiago Vergini ? Wasn't he a good RB prospect ? If he is good, we can get him for cheap for rotating with Montoya (assuming Alves is gone) ?

LMessi85

it isn't only about a height. puyol is shorter than pique but he was a beast in the air. defensively pique is good, but offensively he rarely touches the ball in the air, i think even bartra is better than him. and busquets? lol. he plays amazingly with his head but only when it comes to thinking, planning and organizing play, but he's no threat in the air at all.

hell yes, Height is important. A strong heading defender who is tall is a lot better. Benatia would be a good deal.

I agree that we need a Right-Sided Abidal so Jordi has the freedom to attack on the left. Bartra has so many similarities to Puyol and he started as a R/LB. Bartra has great technique to help with the buildup but it's his defensive abilities which will help us maintain possession and defuse counters. On top of that Bartra has just been too good to be dropped to the bench. He deserves a spot in the XI and he can shine with this role.

I hope either Mangala/Laporte/Benatia/Hummels are brought in to partner Pique and Ie should be promoted from Barcelona B. Giving us the new signing, Pique, Bartra & Ie with Mascherano as an emergency 5th CB option. Our R/LB options will be Alba, Montoya & Adriano (able to play on either flank) with Bartra & Ie able to fill in at RB as well. This is a good amount of depth where each player would get a good amount of playing time without leaving players to rot on the bench.

i like the idea, still one problem
if it doesn't work out you probably can't buy until 15 (transfer ban).

ebieymjunior

I actually totally agree with you.
Either they only sign Benatia and promote Ié, or they sign both Benatia and Marquinhos (Alves + 10M is doable, seeing David Luiz is gone to PSG) and Ié plays a lot with the B team and occasionally with the first team.
Either way there will be a lot of versatility with CB/RB combinations, especially with Ié (who can also play DM!).

Barca will be soo OP on FIFA 15:barca scarf:

i like the idea, still one problem
if it doesn't work out you probably can't buy until 15 (transfer ban).

Yes and Benatia has to be absent for the African Cup of Nations, so buying both is probably a safer idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans