Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Behrox

Vice President of FC Barcelona
I actually totally agree with you.
Either they only sign Benatia and promote Ié, or they sign both Benatia and Marquinhos (Alves + 10M is doable, seeing David Luiz is gone to PSG) and Ié plays a lot with the B team and occasionally with the first team.
Either way there will be a lot of versatility with CB/RB combinations, especially with Ié (who can also play DM!).

Barca will be soo OP on FIFA 15:barca scarf:

Yes and Benatia has to be absent for the African Cup of Nations, so buying both is probably a safer idea.
Only thing in Fifa is that they don't recognize Barca B as Barca's reserve team so you can't use the players and even have to transfer them if you want em

ebieymjunior

Only thing in Fifa is that they don't recognize Barca B as Barca's reserve team so you can't use the players and even have to transfer them if you want em

Yeah, I hate that. I've been trying to give that as a feedback for the past 3 years or so. So annoying!
Imagine you can play with your B squad as the first team's reserve team, and the juvenil A players as Barca B's reserves. They develop more while playing with the first team and you decide if they are loaned out, sold, etc. And you can promote them when you want. That'd be amazing!

Edit: and you can co-manage them, have a say in line-ups, trainings, etc. Maybe they can give you options and you chose from them.

Last edited:

Chainsaw

Killahead
Masch has been played at RB before and he was awful. Doesn't have the pace and his reading of the game is less utilized on the wing. Masch will always be a mediocre player as long as he's playing outside his DM role- which is not his fault.

I believe Bartra could be a great defensive RB- it also gives Alba freedom to attack like Abidal gave to Alves. If we signed Benatia, him and Pique would be our main CBs....with Bartra hopefully playing RB, with him and Masch as 3rd/4th option CB. That's cutting it thin in the back...but I don't see us signing two big CBs like Benatia plus Laporte/Marquinhos....that'd be just too good to be true.

You say Mascherano was awful at RB because he doesn't have the pace but say Bartra could be a great RB who is even slower than Mascherano?!

Xavinho

Btw, whatever happened to Santiago Vergini ? Wasn't he a good RB prospect ? If he is good, we can get him for cheap for rotating with Montoya (assuming Alves is gone) ?

He's mainly a CB and at 25-years-old I wouldn't really consider him a prospect. He spent the second half of the season on loan at Sunderland. Not sure if they made the move permanent. He was only linked to us because Tata used to coach him.

anguy

You say Mascherano was awful at RB because he doesn't have the pace but say Bartra could be a great RB who is even slower than Mascherano?!

Yeah, I don't get it either. Plus people are forgetting, that fullbacks need to have also very high stamina, besides speed. It is unknown if players like Bartra and Mascherano are able to run up and down during the whole match. There's a reason why some players play in the middle and some near the line.

ebieymjunior

Yeah, I don't get it either. Plus people are forgetting, that fullbacks need to have also very high stamina, besides speed. It is unknown if players like Bartra and Mascherano are able to run up and down during the whole match. There's a reason why some players play in the middle and some near the line.

To be fair, you work on your stamina during the season. CBs are lazy, and if you have to play at fullback you have to do more running, and that takes getting used to. That's why it's much harder to play at fullback when you haven't played for a while, like Montoya this season (even Alves needed some games to get back his form when he was injured).

Point is, it's not impossible, just takes getting used to and a lot of stamina training.

Last edited:
Benatia + Marquinhos (obviously in a deal involving Alves) wouldn't be bad at all. As long as Marquinhos is willing to be 3rd choice.

But I'd rather focus on other areas of the team that need reinforcement (like CM and RB) before going for a 2nd CB, and an expensive one at that.

BBZ8800

I agree that we need a Right-Sided Abidal so Jordi has the freedom to attack on the left.

A lot of people are mentioning a defensive minded RB, and even though it makes sense, you need to know that then we are limiting the options of our attack in the attacking actions.

Messi likes to play in the middle/right area. If there is no Dani Alves in the attack and we will have Bartra, that just mean that the opponents don't need to mark our RB and that means one more extra man on Messi and it will be even harder to create anything from Messi and center-right side of the attack. Especially if the right side will be Xavi in midfield and Bartra or someone else as a defensive minded RB.

Last edited:
I

instinct

A lot of people are mentioning a defensive minded RB, and even though it makes sense, you need to know that then we are limiting the options of our attack in the attacking actions.

Messi likes to play in the middle/right area. If there is no Dani Alves in the attack and we will have Bartra, that just mean that the opponents don't need to mark our RB and that means one more extra man on Messi and even harder to expect anything from Messi and center-right side of the attack.

I'd rather find a solution for this issue than being as open in the defence as we are now. Our attack is not flexible at all, that's why Messi can be marked by 2-3 players. It wouldn't hurt to lose a RB in our attack, if there was a attack who is dynamic and able to change positions all time because then the opponent wouldn't be able to mark our players as they are now.

BBZ8800

I'd rather find a solution for this issue than being as open in the defence as we are now. Our attack is not flexible at all, that's why Messi can be marked by 2-3 players. It wouldn't hurt to lose a RB in our attack, if there was a attack who is dynamic and able to change positions all time because then the opponent wouldn't be able to mark our players as they are now.

It was explained 1000s of times that problem in all lines is linked with problems in all other lines of our team.
Defense:
-- Benatia or 2 CBs won't solve the problem if the midfield and attack won't press and cover
Midfield:
-- they don't run, create, play 1-2s, triangles, they don't press
-- but again, even if they will run, they still also need attacking line to press and run in the defensive actions, but also attackers need to run better, move better and score better in attacking actions
Attack:
-- again, they are crap currently
-- they need to score and move more
-- but also they need a better midfield than the one from the current Season
-- plus, they need a defense to concede less Goals than this Season

So, everything is connected. A world class CB or a world class RB won't solve any problems if there are no changes in the approach, tactics, discipline, running in ALL lines.

This is why it is more or less irrelevant if our RB will be Abidal or Dani Alves type. It could work in both ways, but it could be a disaster in both ways also, if other lines of our team won't work as they should.

Personally I wouldn't like a defensive RB as Bartra knowing that we currently still have "only" Messi who is playing like a 80 year old lately, Neymar who can't score, and Alexis who probably had a lucky Season. So, until we buy some different players in the midfield/attack, I wouldn't go with a defensive RB.
he could help in the defense, but I can see hundreds of new matches like against Elche and Atletico with 3 shots in the whole match (when our RB will be even less dangerous in attacking actions than the current one).

"A normal" RB would be the best. A guy who is good both in the attack to link with attackers and who is good defensively.
And then Enrique has to work with them and learn them that only one can go in the attack at the time.

Why limiting ourselves from the beginning with a Bartra type of a RB.
I would rather play Montoya, whom I don't rate too much, then any defensive minded RB.

Egert

Estonian Culé
NOOOOOOOOOOOOO, that guy is horrible defender! He makes Alves look like Maldini!

Who says we are going to use him RB? Maybe if Alexis will be swapped with Llorente then we will buy Cuadrado RW, because I don't think Messi likes playing there.

sabby

Attack:
-- again, they are crap currently
-- they need to score and move more

So a 100 goal scoring attack is "crap"? You sir, won the internet today !!

@Flavia and other mods - I know you guys been busy but we need to filter out a lot of crap from our board. Some guys are spitting hate and crap everywhere like a broken record in every thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans