Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Just saw the MD front page for tomorrow. Saw Ander Herrera. Said some words in my mind about MD which I can't say here.

ebc_99

Xavi, Puyol, Valdes, Iniesta, Alves. Those 5 guys were CRUCIAL during the Pep era are ageing or retiring..Madrid don't have that problem...

Iniesta is in his prime, he has only just turned 30. Puyol hasn't been one of our best players for 5 years. I am glad Valdes is gone, he is not good enough for Barcelona. Alves will likely leave too. Xavi is the only one we will miss, but only if we don't replace him. If we buy Koke we will be better off.

Messi, Busi, Pique, Neymar, Alba, Ter Stegen are all in their early to mid 20s. They along with Iniesta will be starters next season plus hopefully a new CB, RB, CM and RF. That's not to mention guys like Montoya, Barça, Rafina and Deulofeu who will also be there.

Say for talks sake we buy Reus, Koke, Benetia and play Montoya At RB, we would have an incredibly talented and young side. It would take only 3 signings to do that. Our average age would only 25, would we then be at a disadvantage?

We have to make 4 or 5 top signings this summer. That along with a fitter, hungrier more focused team with the right leadership from Lucho and we will be right at the top again.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Iniesta is in his prime, he has only just turned 30. Puyol hasn't been one of our best players for 5 years. I am glad Valdes is gone, he is not good enough for Barcelona. Alves will likely leave too. Xavi is the only one we will miss, but only if we don't replace him. If we buy Koke we will be better off.

Messi, Busi, Pique, Neymar, Alba, Ter Stegen are all in their early to mid 20s. They along with Iniesta will be starters next season plus hopefully a new CB, RB, CM and RF. That's not to mention guys like Montoya, Barça, Rafina and Deulofeu who will also be there.

Say for talks sake we buy Reus, Koke, Benetia and play Montoya At RB, we would have an incredibly talented and young side. It would take only 3 signings to do that. Our average age would only 25, would we then be at a disadvantage?

We have to make 4 or 5 top signings this summer. That along with a fitter, hungrier more focused team with the right leadership from Lucho and we will be right at the top again.

Don't count on us getting one of Koke or Reus, let alone both. If you are counting on it, prepare to be disappointed.

ebc_99

Don't count on us getting one of Koke or Reus, let alone both. If you are counting on it, prepare to be disappointed.

I am not counting on it, just using them as an example of how close we are to being at the top again. I do think we have a chance with signing Koke though, not sure about Reus.

khaled_a_d

Puyol had been our best CB until the end of 2011-2012 when he had one of his best seasons here,he got injured very late in the season and it was downfall since there ,and in 2011 when he was injured we missed him but we had a squad good enough to overcome it
VV might be overrated here ,but in all our trophies he has been crucial
Xavi isn't easy to replace tbh and Koke isn't coming
We have a good core that need reinforcements ,but we need many of them tbh

ebc_99

Puyol had been our best CB until the end of 2011-2012 when he had one of his best seasons here,he got injured very late in the season and it was downfall since there ,and in 2011 when he was injured we missed him but we had a squad good enough to overcome it
VV might be overrated here ,but in all our trophies he has been crucial
Xavi isn't easy to replace tbh and Koke isn't coming
We have a good core that need reinforcements ,but we need many of them tbh

We do need a few for sure, but I think people at the club have finally realised that, especially after tonight. I foresee quite a few signings this summer much like we had in 2008 and I don't see why Koke can't be one of them.

We have got to forget about Xavi, Real won the Champions league without him, Bayern won it last year without him and we can win it next year without him. Iniesta Busquets Koke. That would be the best midfield in Europe, perfect mix of youth and experience.

We do need a few for sure, but I think people at the club have finally realised that, especially after tonight. I foresee quite a few signings this summer much like we had in 2008 and I don't see why Koke can't be one of them.

We have got to forget about Xavi, Real won the Champions league without him, Bayern won it last year without him and we can win it next year without him. Iniesta Busquets Koke. That would be the best midfield in Europe, perfect mix of youth and experience.

Agree about Xavi. I think I'm fine with him still starting big games, but if we're going to rely on him to play 50 games a season AGAIN, then we're fucked. And even if he does still start the big games, he needs to start being phased out. Let's face it, he's 34, he's not what he used to be, and he's declining. We NEED a CM.

Last edited:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
The only thing I want is getting the most important signings done and dusted before the world cup.

K

Kobe Bean Bryant

---Neymar-Suarez-Aguero
-----Iniesta-----Messi
--------Busquets
Alba-Pique-Benatia-Montoya
-------Ter Stergen

Pls Lucho pls

Jadentheman

either this

---reus---
--Neymar--Messi--
---Iniesta/Roberto---Busquests/Masch---Rafinha/Koke/Xavi?
----Alba---Pique---Bartra/Benatia---Montoya
-----Ter Stegen----

Or

---Neymar---Reus---
--Messi----
---Iniesta/Roberto---Busquests/Masch---Rafinha/Koke/Xavi?
----Alba---Pique---Bartra/Benatia---Montoya
-----Ter Stegen----

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans