Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zincubus

Banned
Weren't you saying that our squad is comparable to United's?

Same situation , I'd say that they were comparable , both lost numerous games last season against bottom third clubs , both going down a very steep slope and both comparatively weak squads , both need to spend a massive amount to compete with the truly top club squads . United have a better defence than us and a proven , settled keeper .

We are nowhere near as strong as Real Madrid or Bayern to name just two , we have probably the third strongest squad in La Liga !

Last edited:

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
Same situation , both going down a very steep slope and both comparatively weak squads , both need to spend a massive amount to compete with the truly top club squads . United have a better defence than us and a proven , settled keeper .

GTFO with that BS, Barca have problems, but they're nowhere near the level of disaster of United. Show me where United have comparable players to Messi, Iniesta and Busquets?

United have a better defense??!?! At what? Playing Bingo in the retirement home? That some old geezers in that defense. 35 yo Ferdinand who hasn't been good in years. 32 yo Vidic, 33 yo Evra. Eternally overrated Rafael? Come on man.

ss81bja

We need alot of good players. RM will stock up even more next season.

I won't mind TOO much against RM, if it is one team that motivates us it is RM.....we did beat them in both league clasicos and almost held out in the Copa Del Rey with a team i consider mediocre. The problem is being good enough in Europe in the Champions League. I think that after securing the 2 CBs, a proper striker is necessary. I hope we have enough transfer money left to secure a more than decent striker to take some of the marking\ goal scoring pressure off Messi. This striker should be physical and able to mix it up with opposing CBs ala Drogba\Eto'o. Aguero is not that type of forward and would be useless to us right now, probably next season.

My options:- Mandzukic, Dzeko, Llorente, or even Drogba as a temporary 2 season signing. Benzema, if he wasn't a RM player, would be the ideal striker for Barca right now

SeloBarca

GTFO with that BS, Barca have problems, but they're nowhere near the level of disaster of United. Show me where United have comparable players to Messi, Iniesta and Busquets?

United have a better defense??!?! At what? Playing Bingo in the retirement home? That some old geezers in that defense. 35 yo Ferdinand who hasn't been good in years. 32 yo Vidic, 33 yo Evra. Eternally overrated Rafael? Come on man.

Our team is not MUCH better then ManU. But we do have Iniesta, Busi and..if he returns to his old self, Messi, that is true.

Semi-Neutral

Sir Alupp Heynrguson
Our team is not MUCH better then ManU

Ter Stegen & ?? vs. De Gea & Lindegaard = I rate De Gea higher, but both are top quality young GKs, not too much separating them, we don't have a backup yet but Lindegaard isn't particularly good so whoever it is should be able to match up to him
Dani and Montoya vs. Rafael and Smalling = No contest, our starter is better, our back-up is miles better
Pique, Bartra and Mascherano vs. Evans and Jones = They'll get replacements for Vidic and Rio for sure, but we'll get a new CB too and ours are much higher quality
Alba and Adriano vs. Evra and Buttner = Again, no contest
Busquets and Song vs. Carrick and Fellaini = No contest
Xavi and Sergi Roberto vs. Cleverley and Fletcher = No contest
Iniesta, Cesc, Rafinha vs. Mata, Kagawa and Januzaj = United have a lot of good players in this area, but ours are all just straight up better; Iniesta is better than Mata and Kagawa, Cesc is as well, and I would rate Rafinha higher than Januzaj although their natural position is pretty different
Pedro, Tello, Delo vs. Valencia, Young, Nani = Not the greatest three from us, but again miles ahead of United's, who all have not had a good game for several seasons in a row now
Messi, Neymar, Alexis vs. Rooney, RVP, Welbeck, and Chicharito = United have a lot more depth in just the striker position, but our players are better, a lot younger and a lot more versatile

So yeah, stop it please, United would trade their squad in a heartbeat for ours

Richard.H

Our team is not MUCH better then ManU. But we do have Iniesta, Busi and..if he returns to his old self, Messi, that is true.

Russ-Troll.gif

mazp

Who cares about United. One team is playing in the CL and was a wrongly disallowed goal away from the La Liga title... United will be irrelevant next season without CL football..

fcbdna

Banned
Madrid has a better/deeper squad, their best players aren't retiring or ageing.. Like Barca's are. They just got rid of their cancer:mou: was all they needed. Are cancers (pres/board) are still here.

Sorry but Carlo is only ripping the dividends of what Mourinho worked hard for . . . Pretty similar to what transpired between Mourinho and Mancini at Inter.

Xavi, Puyol, Valdes, Iniesta, Alves. Those 5 guys were CRUCIAL during the Pep era are ageing or retiring..Madrid don't have that problem...

Ok, now we have Iniesta, Messi, Neymar. . . . Who else? Maybe Alba. Not good enough in general. Xavi is old, Puyol's retired, Alves is getting old + leaving. Hopefully Stengen can replace VV.

Last edited:

Zincubus

Banned

They chose Evans over Pique , they also still have Smalling and Jones both in the England squad plus they WILL buy two CBs to replace Rio and Vidic .

They also have RVP and Rooney plus the Belgium wonder kid ...up front . .. Mata in midfield plus a proven keeper. Then add the reported EIGHT top players and they will surpass us squad wise . We have no idea how long it will take Stegen to settle in behind our non existent defence ..... presuming he does prove his worth .,

Look mate I LOVE Barca and have done for probably longer than you've been alive BUT I have a bad feeling about the coming few years . That's just an opinion and you can't dismiss an opinion .

DinhoR10

They chose Evans over Pique , they also still have Smalling and Jones both in the England squad plus they WILL buy two CBs to replace Rio and Vidic .

They also have RVP and Rooney plus the Belgium wonder kid ...up front . .. Mata in midfield plus a proven keeper. Then add the reported EIGHT top players and they will surpass us squad wise . We have no idea how long it will take Stegen to settle in behind our non existent defence ..... presuming he does prove his worth .,

Look mate I LOVE Barca and have done for probably longer than you've been alive BUT I have a bad feeling about the coming few years . That's just an opinion and you can't dismiss an opinion .

No player you just called can make our starting eleven Mata? Seriously? Evans? Rooney? RVP? cmon man stop trolling :lol:

MagicianMessi

Joke of the year. Utd squad is better than Barca squad :neymar:

Barcilliant

If we dont sign at least 3 players before the WC we are well and truly screwed. Everyone knew Ter Stegen was coming here so thats no surprise. However there seems to no urgency on the boards part to sign the players we NEED. Last season we had a futile chase over TS. THEN we were after Luiz then no cb was signed. Puyol became our cb. At the time everyone said Relax we will get a cb. This time same story. I am sure we will sign THREE players tops and the rest of the 'signings' will come from the B team.

This how the board operate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans