Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

beautifulgame

barcastuff @barcastuff
Centre back Mats Hummels (24) agreed with Dortmund that he can join Barcelona next year for 35M. Dortmund already signed successor. [bild]

Any truth in this on your end?

please god no

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Hmm.... IF and only IF this is true, then I wonder whether we will splash the money on him or less on Balanta.

IF is the key word here of course.

Hummels seem to be Rosell's signing more than anything else to be honest. Another big name to use to praise his "excellence" in his next election campaign

suckabov

Lemon curry?
Probably rubbish, the original Bild article doesn't say anything really. Probably some speculation on their part again. Also wrong summary by barcastuff, as Bild doesn't state anywhere that Dortmund have signed the successor (Schär), just that they are interested.

JamDav1982

Hmm.... IF and only IF this is true, then I wonder whether we will splash the money on him or less on Balanta.

IF is the key word here of course.

Hummels seem to be Rosell's signing more than anything else to be honest. Another big name to use to praise his "excellence" in his next election campaign

The transfers under Rossel have improved drastically from what they were in the years before.

Players bought for less than other clubs would pay at a good age and having proven themselves.

Its a pathertic that even this can be turned on Rossel as if 'he only makes good transfers to make himself look good'.

DonAK

Probably rubbish, the original Bild article doesn't say anything really. Probably some speculation on their part again. Also wrong summary by barcastuff, as Bild doesn't state anywhere that Dortmund have signed the successor (Schär), just that they are interested.

thanks for clearing it up suckabov :)

So it seems like its just wild speculation on Bild's part.

DonAK

The transfers under Rossel have improved drastically from what they were in the years before.

Players bought for less than other clubs would pay at a good age and having proven themselves.

Its a pathertic that even this can be turned on Rossel as if 'he only makes good transfers to make himself look good'.

Not really what I meant. I wondered whether this could be entirly Rosell's decision of getting a big name CB signing rather than the relatively unknown Balanta or the manager's choice. After all, more big name signings for good value = More support for Rosell and something to build his campaign on.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
Yeah I know renewals are starting, was just making a joke about how getting Hummels makes no sense because his playing style is very similar to Pique's.

JamDav1982

Not really what I meant. I wondered whether this could be entirly Rosell's decision of getting a big name CB signing rather than the relatively unknown Balanta or the manager's choice. After all, more big name signings for good value = More support for Rosell and something to build his campaign on.

If it was all about pleasing the fans they would have spent big on a CB this summer when most were demanding it.

You are speculating on things when you have no idea what the scenario is, just to have some dig at Rosell.

No need for it at all and it seems the fashionable thing to do to have a go at him yet when people are aked to back it up they struggle.

DonAK

If it was all about pleasing the fans they would have spent big on a CB this summer when most were demanding it.

You are speculating on things when you have no idea what the scenario is, just to have some dig at Rosell.

No need for it at all and it seems the fashionable thing to do to have a go at him yet when people are aked to back it up they struggle.

Whatever floats your boat mate. I don't intend to get stuck in a long discussion with you where you act as the devil's advocate.

Good Night.

:)

JamDav1982

Whatever floats your boat mate. I don't intend to get stuck in a long discussion with you where you act as the devil's advocate.

Good Night.

:)

You started it by making snide comments about Rosell for no reason.

Not surprised you take off when asked to back it up.

Indignado

Don't think so. The "successor" they mentioned is Fabian Schär, whom Dortmund have not signed and who, according to Zorc, is not a target. Other than that, the original Bild article uses the subjunctive a lot and seems to speculate more than saying anything.

Zorc only said that those kinds of rumours are usually not true, which is anything but a denial. Bild have been spot on in the last few years about many transfers, still, the article doesn't make the impression that everything is written in stone. Maybe now Barça's higher-ups have given the green light in the light of Bartra's good performances and are trying to offload Piqué. One can dream.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans