Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Thank you. It would be boring if everyone thought the same, afraid of upsetting anyone. Keep in mind, Xavi himself was a DM for a long time before he finally was moved further up the field.

I dont think it is weird to believe that a simple backup for Busquets will almost never get playing time though. If a coach announces that he sees a player as a DM, then that means permanent bench, unless Busi moves from DM to CM like Xavi himself did.

Not that, your prices, the fact that you think we'll buy Agger for 20m for example. How you seem to be so sure about everything.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
Thank you. It would be boring if everyone thought the same, afraid of upsetting anyone. Keep in mind, Xavi himself was a DM for a long time before he finally was moved further up the field.

I dont think it is weird to believe that a simple backup for Busquets will almost never get playing time though. If a coach announces that he sees a player as a DM, then that means permanent bench, unless Busi moves from DM to CM like Xavi himself did.

Or it means Busquets is going to get more rest which he desperately needs. That's two seasons running the guy has been ran ragged, for lack of proper backup or poor rotations at his positions. He's played injured a lot, and his second half of 2 consecutive seasons has seen fluctuating performances as a consequence of lack of rest and playing with numerous different dinks and knocks.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Blaming that defeat on Busquets is as stupid as blaming all our other defeats on Iniesta or Messi. Busquets is by far the smartest midfielder in the world at the moment. He knows where and when to pass the ball before he receives it. Thats the type of intelligence that is desperately needed in that role and is extremely rare. It is what made Xavi the one of the greatest of all time. I firmly believe that Busquets is the best option for us as Xavi is gradually phased out.

:lol: Look back at Xavi in the prime years: roaming up to the CF position, dropping back to the CB's to get the ball. He'd run everywhere on the pitch constantly turning and dominating the ball. He'd provide passing options everywhere.

Busquets on the other hand is maybe 1/4 as mobile. He simply positions himself rather than moving around the pitch. He's intelligent and is a great passer but if we were to move him to CM, we'd lose our defensive backbone and our fluidity in midfield.

It was completely apparent vs. Sociedad. Busi wasn't moving around much and therefore our play was unbelievably static. We couldn't transition the ball between defense/midfield/attack well and rarely had control of the game. Sociedad had us pinned on the back foot for most of the match. We lost that game in midfield and that's because Tata tried experimenting with Busi in the 'Xavi role'.

zanela

Barcelona plan to sign two defenders this summer: one centre back, and one full back who can also play at center back. [rac1]

Marquinhos and J.Mathieu it is.

All those who think we will buy the Brazilian for big money and also buy Benatia or another top quality CB will be incredibly disappointed. It will be marquinhos AND someone cheap, old with a year or two left at the top flight.

And I doubt these FF rumours. If the agent of a said player is at the club's offices, it's usually the local media that reports first (just like it was SPORT/MD who were the first to transmit the news about the visit of Forlan/Aguero agents few years ago). Besides, talking to the agent doesn't equate to a concrete interest, as has been shown several times in the past.

L

Learo

Not that, your prices, the fact that you think we'll buy Agger for 20m for example. How you seem to be so sure about everything.

Agger for 20m was a tongue in cheek comment, referring to the our tendency to buy players with their best years behind them from English/rich clubs for big money.

F

Flavia

Time is running out

I like this song, from Muse.

All those who think we will buy the Brazilian for big money and also buy Benatia or another top quality CB will be incredibly disappointed. It will be marquinhos AND someone cheap, old with a year or two left at the top flight.

And I doubt these FF rumours. If the agent of a said player is at the club's offices, it's usually the local media that reports first (just like it was SPORT/MD who were the first to transmit the news about the visit of Forlan/Aguero agents few years ago). Besides, talking to the agent doesn't equate to a concrete interest, as has been shown several times in the past.

I agree. I can't see zubi getting Marcos and Benatia :(

serghei

:lol: Look back at Xavi in the prime years: roaming up to the CF position, dropping back to the CB's to get the ball. He'd run everywhere on the pitch constantly turning and dominating the ball. He'd provide passing options everywhere.

Busquets on the other hand is maybe 1/4 as mobile. He simply positions himself rather than moving around the pitch. He's intelligent and is a great passer but if we were to move him to CM, we'd lose our defensive backbone and our fluidity in midfield.

It was completely apparent vs. Sociedad. Busi wasn't moving around much and therefore our play was unbelievably static. We couldn't transition the ball between defense/midfield/attack well and rarely had control of the game. Sociedad had us pinned on the back foot for most of the match. We lost that game in midfield and that's because Tata tried experimenting with Busi in the 'Xavi role'.

+1. But what about Iniesta in Xavi's role, and Cesc as the CAM. Iniesta isn't really a CAM after all, much more of a CM to me. Cesc is less similar to Xavi than Iniesta is IMO.

fcbdna

Banned

giphy.gif

suckabov

Lemon curry?
And I doubt these FF rumours. If the agent of a said player is at the club's offices, it's usually the local media that reports first (just like it was SPORT/MD who were the first to transmit the news about the visit of Forlan/Aguero agents few years ago).
About that bit, the rumours about Benatia's agent being in Barcelona were first repoted by Gazetta (saying he would soon travel there), then by MD (saying he was there). Then nothing for some days, and now FF reporting on it, so the local press was faster (should there be any truth to it).

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
+1. But what about Iniesta in Xavi's role, and Cesc as the CAM. Iniesta isn't really a CAM after all, much more of a CM to me. Cesc is less similar to Xavi than Iniesta is IMO.

I see that as a much more likely possibility than Cesc or Busquets. Iniesta is a CM based on how he participates in all transitions: defense to midfield, buildup in midfield, and midfield to attack. He won't ever be the tempo-setter that Xavi was, as all players have their own styles. However he can easily play in a slightly more conservative role while someone like Rafinha/Cesc does more of the attacking transition.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I won't be suprised if we chase Marquinhos and let Benatia go to Man City only to run after him like headless chickens next summer(given that the transfer ban doesnt kick in)

zanela

About that bit, the rumours about Benatia's agent being in Barcelona were first repoted by Gazetta (saying he would soon travel there), then by MD (saying he was there). Then nothing for some days, and now FF reporting on it, so the local press was faster (should there be any truth to it).

MD so far have only been quoting external sources. I've not read anything from them confirming it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans