Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

Flavia

Dunno where spanish medias got the idea that marquinhos is a good regular RB/FB.

He's not. he played as i said before 2-3 times RB/FB because PSG had injured players and the dude himself said he wants to play CB only. That he can help 2-3 times but that's all.

He refuses to play regulary as RB at PSG, so i don't think Zubi can lure him away by asking him to play RB or any other position that is not CB.

If he comes to barcelona, it will be to play CB whatever shit the spanish medias are throwing everywhere.

I remember them also saying how Song could play cb well :lol:

Barça has only 2 cbs now, Pique and Bartra. If masche stays, he'll play dm, Lucho already said he sees masche as dm. So 2 cbs have to come, and now a rb too, if alves leaves.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
I also don't think Samper is ready to be permanently promoted to the first team yet. He needs at least one more year as a B player for his body to mature.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Problem with Gundogan and Oliver Torres is that they played approximately 5 minutes this season. Its not enough to trust them to take over from Xavi.

Its better to trust Samper and Mascherano being moved to DM means Busi can take care of the Xavi role. We basically have 3 new midfielders next season with Rafa, Masche and a year older Samper (even though he is still a B player, it could change). A midfielder is not strictly needed.

:lol: The last time we played Busquets as CM, we lost 3-1 to Sociedad and were pinned back for a majority of the game. I don't think you even know what the 'Xavi role' is if you think Busquets can play in it.

BarçAjax8

Many Oliver Torres lovers seem to be hipsters as he's the new cool kid who has "Barca DNA"

lol he does though. My opinion comes from more than youtube clips, I was impressed by the kid in the Fifa u-20 Cup last summer.

That's a bit unfair. He's a fantastic prospect, but people are trying to prematurely turn him into something he's not. He's still learning and has to become more comfortable and authoritative in top flight football the way he is with the u19 or u21 teams controlling matches. He'll excel when he does (playing out wide at Villarreal is a bad decision, he never looked comfortable there).

All in all, we have enough midfield prospects right now. He's not a necessity signing and definitely not ready to take on a big role here at Barca.

Yeah we could just wait until he explodes and then get in a bidding war with PSG, Bayern, Chelsea, Man City, Man United rather than making a smart investment now. We do have a lot of great midfielders coming through the ranks but none with the characteristics to one day step into Xavi's role. Rafinha/Suarez/Halilovic are more Iniesta type players while Samper could play that role, he looks good at DM. Cesc as I said before is great but not for our style. As a high-profile player I hope Lucho doesn't hold back some of the youth prospects just to give Cesc time on the pitch.

Last edited:

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Forget Torres. He is overrated.

Many Oliver Torres lovers seem to be hipsters as he's the new cool kid who has "Barca DNA"

That's a bit unfair. He's a fantastic prospect, but people are trying to prematurely turn him into something he's not. He's still learning and has to become more comfortable and authoritative in top flight football the way he is with the u19 or u21 teams controlling matches. He'll excel when he does (playing out wide at Villarreal is a bad decision, he never looked comfortable there).

All in all, we have enough midfield prospects right now. He's not a necessity signing and definitely not ready to take on a big role here at Barca.

L

Learo

:lol: The last time we played Busquets as CM, we lost 3-1 to Sociedad and were pinned back for a majority of the game. I don't think you even know what the 'Xavi role' is if you think Busquets can play in it.

Blaming that defeat on Busquets is as stupid as blaming all our other defeats on Iniesta or Messi. Busquets is by far the smartest midfielder in the world at the moment. He knows where and when to pass the ball before he receives it. Thats the type of intelligence that is desperately needed in that role and is extremely rare. It is what made Xavi the one of the greatest of all time. I firmly believe that Busquets is the best option for us as Xavi is gradually phased out.

hardyboy

has Xavi and Iniesta duo ever worked with Song as DM??imo Busi will be a perfect replacement for Xavi if we sign a good DM..

Last edited:

fcbdna

Banned
We already have a good DM: Mascherano.

umno.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans