Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Of course there's room. Right now Barça only has Pique and Bartra as cbs. Lucho has stated Masch is a dm to him.

And Lucho is known for rotating the team and making a full use of the squad. Im sure he'll find a way to give all 4 enough time.

DonAK

Mehh that tweet got me hyped but its probably just a rumor:icon_neutral:

Everything in this thread is basically rumours. Im liking that Benatia and Marquinhos both player's rumours are intensifying. Lets see what will happen. It's in the hands of the players and their clubs.

CatalinR10

zubi ,

5520538218_3b9d9e170f_o.gif

L

Learo

And Lucho is known for rotating the team and making a full use of the squad. Im sure he'll find a way to give all 4 enough time.

Is he? I would say the 2 first choice CBs should play together all the time whenever possible. Rotation isnt really healthy there. They need to build up understanding between each other.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
Pep found ways to give minutes to his CBs when had 5 of them (Puyol, Pique, Marquez, Milito and Chygrynskiy) and that was with a team who had also depth and talent at fullback with Alves, Abidal and Maxwell.

If Barcelona intend to play anything like they did under Pep between 08 and 11, then Marquinhos could see a lot of additional time in the Abidal role in the opposite side. Abidal played more like a wide CB than an actual fullback. He rarely ventured forward.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
Bartra/montoya RB?

Maybe.

Pep found ways to give minutes to his CBs when had 5 of them (Puyol, Pique, Marquez, Milito and Chygrynskiy) and that was with a team who had also depth and talent at fullback with Alves, Abidal and Maxwell.

If Barcelona intend to play anything like they did under Pep between 08 and 11, then Marquinhos could see a lot of additional time in the Abidal role in the opposite side. Abidal played more like a wide CB than an actual fullback. He rarely ventured forward.

Barta could do that too.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
There's no room for both, unless one of them somehow gets converted to RB.

Why wouldn't there be? Benatia has the African Cup of Nations, players get injured semi-regularly, squad rotation is common with our new coach, and some of them are versatile in position. Wouldn't it be nice that we could go from the elite team with the least CB depth to the one with the most in the span of one summer?

DonAK

Why wouldn't there be? Benatia has the African Cup of Nations, players get injured semi-regularly, squad rotation is common with our new coach, and some of them are versatile in position. Wouldn't it be nice that we could go from the elite team with the least CB depth to the one with the most in the span of one summer?

This as well. Benatia will be away for a month. We need 4 regular CBs and having two experienced ones along with two young ones who can learn a lot and slowly taking over is great.

L

Learo

Marquinhos must be our RB. There is no other way his role can just be as backup with that price tag.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
Barta could do that too.

He might, but Bartra is stiffer and a lot less agile than Marquinhos.

For pure speculation here, I'd say we could see a backline of Alba-Benatia-Pique-Marquinhos, with Alba taking the role of Alves and joining the attack and staying in attack with regularity, which would mean the back 3 would be spread about. Then Bartra could be the rotational CB, capable of playing all three spots. Montoya could very well play the Maxwell role.

Richard.H

Of course there's room. Right now Barça only has Pique and Bartra as cbs. Lucho has stated Masch is a dm to him.

I highly doubt Masch will accept a DM role since he knows his playing time will be severely decreased. Unless Lucho decides to play double pivot, I don't see how Masch will accept a DM role.

Richard.H

The main reason I'm saying there's no room is because of Mascherano. Masch is a vital part of this squad and Lucho himself stated that Masch is a great player. I'm worried that if we bring 2 CB's it might have a negative effect on Masch...

Also, I want to see Bartra develop a lot more.

Of course, don't get me wrong, I love squad depth if Lucho can somehow manage all their minutes the same way Pep did.

I

instinct

Javier Mascherano (29) prefers to stay next season. Because of the climate, returning to Liverpool is in any case not an option. [rac1]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans