Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Javier Mascherano (29) prefers to stay next season. Because of the climate, returning to Liverpool is in any case not an option. [rac1]

Of course.... :lol:

His wife hated it there.

cro-man

Common guys top dreaming. Its nearly impossible that our shit board can sign both. It seems that they dont have many options and so they will sell dani and buy Marquinhos.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
I highly doubt Masch will accept a DM role since he knows his playing time will be severely decreased. Unless Lucho decides to play double pivot, I don't see how Masch will accept a DM role.

That's not necessarily the case. You just need a manager that knows how to rotate players. In the 08-09 season, Yaya and Busi pretty much split appearances for the team, each had over 40. Heck, Seydu Keita coming off the bench most of the time, played more games than any other midfielder aside from Xavi.

You just need a manager who knows how to rotate.

L

Learo

In the end, Yaya left as Busi had taken his role and Yaya was left playing everywhere else. Masche played almost all the time this season. It will be a huge shock to be a reserve for Busi if that is what his role is meant to be.

I am not a huge fan of rotation. Diego Simeone dont like it. They played with the same team all the time, and everyone said they would fold so we shouldnt worry about Atletico. In the end, they won the league and almost won the CL as well!

PaulFCB

Banned
Actually, weather in Napoli is good in June-August, else it rains twice as much as in Barcelona and..... Liverpool :D.

Yeah, Diego Simeone had little options, I mean except for Toby, he practically had no reserve defender.
We actually had Marc and Adriano all the time.

Oh, the luxury Tata. :tata1:

About, Marquinhos. I said it last year, it would be perfect if we get an Abidal type full back, only this time on the right wing with Alba being in Dani's role on the left, I think is exactly what we need since Puyol is out, he played a decisive role in games such as Rome Final or Pelegrini's Real Madrid decisive championship match in spring 2010.
And in in both cases the LB's were clearly not first options: Sylvinho respectively Maxwell.

Last edited:

ScoobySquats

If these Marquinhos and Benatia rumors are to be true, hopefully they are then we are looking at LB: Alba, Adriano CB: Pique, Benatia, Bartra, Marquinhos RB: Montoya, Bartra and Marquinhos since Alves is expected to be in the deal. That is a great defence on paper and we always have a willing La Masia grad to put in at FB or CB if needed.
Take the rumors with a pinch of salt, especially knowing how PSG and more so Nasser deals in transfers. Remember the Thiago Silva saga.. :tata:

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
In the end, Yaya left as Busi had taken his role and Yaya was left playing everywhere else. Masche played almost all the time this season. It will be a huge shock to be a reserve for Busi if that is what his role is meant to be.

I am not a huge fan of rotation. Diego Simeone dont like it. They played with the same team all the time, and everyone said they would fold so we shouldnt worry about Atletico. In the end, they won the league and almost won the CL as well!

Yaya left because he didn't want to waste his prime years behind a guy who was really good and a lot younger than him. Not the same case with Mascherano who is older and in the backend of his prime. Not to say he wont leave, but it is not the same case.

Few rotations is not sustainable season to season and Atletico themselves ended the year with half the squad carrying some knock or other and just playing through cheer willpower and determination.

Pep was huge on rotations, so clearly that does work.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo

He doesn't have the squad depth to rotate. That much is made obvious by how he subbed in someone like Jose Sosa in the freaking Champions League final!

I

instinct

Woooow catradio talking about Koke. Apparently Barca talked with Atletico representatives about a possible transfer last week.

Ursegor

World Champion
Cat Radio is the most reliable Barca source. The unreliable part is whether the guy on Twitter who translates their stuff does it properly. Not only in translating word for word but also the gist of it all. Just a few days ago people on Twitter were translating ter Stegen's interview as "Barca is a special club" when he just said "it's one particular club".

Last edited:
I

instinct

Another guy I follow on twitter asked him to give him the link to catradio because he wanted to listen for himself. Since then they both spread the same statements made by catradio..

Jadentheman

Yeah but the team also didn't have the depth Madrid had. And Madrid kept on going to win CL. Meanwhile Atletico lost theeir legs.

DinhoR10

Koke too? :lol: . If we got Koke,Marquinhos and Benetia I can't see us not winning everything, it'd be up to determination and tactics from there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans