Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
As crazy as it sounds, the rumors from Barca is that they do indeed expect to get either Koke or Rakitic for just €25m.

They either know something we don't, or the delusion is running rampant through the streets of Barcelona.

Rakitic we might and just might get for that amount, but Koke? No way.... Either it's that smokescreen thing or they are really delusional which frankly speaking shouldnt suprise any of us lol

I

instinct

As crazy as it sounds, the rumors from Barca is that they do indeed expect to get either Koke or Rakitic for just €25m.

They either know something we don't, or the delusion is running rampant through the streets of Barcelona.

I read that too but it has to be BS. There would be no logic behind selling one of your key players for 25m if his buyout fee was 60m. I think they will ask at least for 40m.

L

Learo

Diego Costa is worth more and he was sold for 40m according to all press reports I've seen.

I think 25m for him is a pipe dream though. Especially when we are the buyer.

Rakitic isnt good enough for us.

DonAK

First option doesn't mean that they have to sell. It's useless unless Atletico want to sell him and other teams are interested so we can use the first option clause. Atletico would have to offer him to us first in that case.

I

instinct

First option doesn't mean that they have to sell. It's useless unless Atletico want to sell him and other teams are interested so we can use the first option clause. Atletico would have to offer him to us first.

Yeah but it could be very useful for us in the future.

DonAK

They are all clueless. No one knows a shit. We'll just have to wait until the club itself announces something. No point in listening to rumours since you're only gonna get disappointed in the end :p

KhaledBarca

I've read that Koke could be available for 25m, something related to Villa's deal etc..
anyway, Let's say 40m, we still can afford him.

Benatia 40m
MArquinhos 20m+Alves
Koke 40m
J.Soriano 8M
ter Stegan 12m
K.Navas 5m

That's 125m minus money from selling Song/Cuenca/Afellay/Bojan and Jds... <120m.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
I've read that Koke could be available for 25m, something related to Villa's deal etc..
anyway, Let's say 40m, we still can afford him.

Benatia 40m
MArquinhos 20m+Alves
Koke 40m
J.Soriano 8M
ter Stegan 12m
K.Navas 5m

That's 125m minus money from selling Song/Cuenca/Afellay/Bojan and Jds... <120m.

You gotta remember though, we're dealing with club's whose negotiators are like highwaymen. They know we need the players and that a transfer ban is looming like a dark cloud. These guys are going to do everything in their power to make us pay overprice and ensure that we get screwed on the prices. Then again, if I were running those clubs, it's what I would do too. So you can't blame them. Business is business. :D

Getting back to the Koke for 25m thing, weren't the first options included the Villa deal for Manquillo (get him for backup rb srsly), Saul, and some other youngster?

Last edited:

DonAK

You gotta remember though, we're dealing with club's whose negotiators are like highwaymen. They know we need the players and that a transfer ban is looming like a dark cloud. These guys are going to do everything in their power to make us pay overprice and ensure that we get screwed on the prices. Then again, if I were running those clubs, it's what I would do to. Business is business. :D

+1. Perfect situation. I'd also get so much money I could out of them knowing how desperate they might be.

L

Learo

We are not in desperate need of Koke though. OK, so they dont want to sell, fine. They lose out on the money. Unless we turn stupid mode on and insist on a player like we did for Thiago Silva, they dont have that much leverage over us. With that being said, we have always overpaid and undersold, so that is nothing new really.

DonAK

And they don't need to sell either. They probably don't want to sell him. It's just that if we come running then they can and should take the advantage of the situation if we see it from their perspective.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans