Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

DinhoR10

Thiago Silva is better than Benatia and Kompany. He is the best CB in the world.

Is that why he and the entire PSG backline got owned by a limping messi? :lol:

No CB is perfect and even if you park the bus like Chelsea you'll always concede goals, just need to keep it to a minimum.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Is that why he and the entire PSG backline got owned by a limping messi? :lol:

No CB is perfect and even if you park the bus like Chelsea you'll always concede goals, just need to keep it to a minimum.

I dont get it. I didnt say he was perfect.

Semi-Neutral

Sir Alupp Heynrguson
Because it was Demichellis fault and Kompany is flawless. . . :lol:

I can't tell if you're serious or not, but for every incredible tackle Kompany put in he also stabbed and missed it completely, and it was his fault Demichelis had to make the penalty challenge (he messed up the offside trap).

DinhoR10

Kompany was all over the place vs us as well :) , but it was of course Demichellis who got all the abuse.

Sorry, I just don't like it when people talk about Kompany or TS or now Benetia like they're some sort of impenetrable walls when Messi/Neymar/Iniesta can all get past them with ease, probably even Deulofeu. Defending is more about Team work, positioning and Tactics more than anything, if all 4 defenders are disciplined and position themselves properly they can repel the majority of attacks. So the difference between TS at Barca and say Kompany is probably minute since no matter what alves would still leave them to cover the entire half of the field and they WILL get run over by the likes of Bale.

For Set pieces TS would be an improvement over Masch but Bartra would fix those problems too if they would just play him with Pique.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
DinhoR10, Can you please tell me who made those comments? Because at the moment im confused as hell.

I dont think anyone denies that we need to inprove tactically so that our defence dont get as exposed as it is, but that doesnt mean that Benatia or Kompany are better defenders than Thiago Silva.

L

linetty

So Atleti has just found the new Aguero in Argentina. Why can't we find the new Thiago Silva in Brazil?! :)

ivan_barca

With Marquinhos first choice, the club is preparing to cast their nets on the second central cheaper and experienced in the Spanish League. has been told MD , sporting director Andoni Zubizarreta was probing with a senior executive of the situation Sevilla contractual and casual Federico Fazio.
This sounds most likely to be true,after we miss Silva and Benatia. So Pique-Marquinhos as starters for the next season and Bartra with someone experienced from La Liga (I prefer Mathio over Fazio) as back ups..

DinhoR10

DinhoR10, Can you please tell me who made those comments? Because at the moment im confused as hell.

I dont think anyone denies that we need to inprove tactically so that our defence dont get as exposed as it is, but that doesnt mean that Benatia or Kompany are better defenders than Thiago Silva.

I only quoted you to make that jab at TS any post with him in it would've done.

But my point about tactics was directed more at the general attitude of the forum from what I've read, not one or two specific posts. Everyone (Hopefully not the board) keeps on talking about 2 guys (Marquinhos and Benetia) when Pique-Bartra would probably work amazingly well if we dealt with the RB problem. Now I'm not saying don't buy 2 more CBs but it feels like we're falling into a trap set by our rivals to pay through the teeth for players we don't actually need all that bad, its what happened for the last 2 years and it seems like its happening again. Why aren't we linked with Subotic? or some other quality defender that would bring basically the same improvement as the ones we're talking about but isnt a flavour of the month 50-60 million dollar acquisition.

Edit: And not that I don't like Marquinhos but do you guys think he's better than Bartra? And I know none for you would buy Bartra for 35 million.

Last edited:

PaulFCB

Banned
With Marquinhos first choice, the club is preparing to cast their nets on the second central cheaper and experienced in the Spanish League. has been told MD , sporting director Andoni Zubizarreta was probing with a senior executive of the situation Sevilla contractual and casual Federico Fazio.
This sounds most likely to be true,after we miss Silva and Benatia. So Pique-Marquinhos as starters for the next season and Bartra with someone experienced from La Liga (I prefer Mathio over Fazio) as back ups..

So this would be all? Sign a RB to replace Dani and a back-up CB? Still playing with Masch CB :lol:

Mno, I hope we sign CB's to be first option, no doubt about that, anything less is a disaster.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
I think it's pretty safe to assume they will sign at least one CB. Puyol left and by all accounts Lucho wants Masche at DM. That leaves the team with just 2 pure CBs, so it is almost guaranteed they will sign at least one.

The problem is not will they, but who, for how much and if one or two.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans