Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I think it's pretty safe to assume they will sign at least one CB. Puyol left and by all accounts Lucho wants Masche at DM. That leaves the team with just 2 pure CBs, so it is almost guaranteed they will sign at least one.

The problem is not will they, but who, for how much and if one or two.

They better get Marquinhos done and soon after that Toulon Tourney he is playing in is done and dusted, because the longer it drags on, the likelier PSG will pull off something which would leave us looking like idiots.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
They better get Marquinhos done and soon after that Toulon Tourney he is playing in is done and dusted, because the longer it drags on, the likelier PSG will pull off something which would leave us looking like idiots.

I think the holdup with PSG might very well be Alves' salary. Don't know if PSG is able to pay the current Alves salary with the UEFA FFP sanction they got as it limits the amount of money they can give to players, among other things. Of course this is just speculation from me, but it might very well be the case.

Bertus

I think the holdup with PSG might very well be Alves' salary. Don't know if PSG is able to pay the current Alves salary with the UEFA FFP sanction they got as it limits the amount of money they can give to players, among other things. Of course this is just speculation from me, but it might very well be the case.

Here what i replied to DonaK in the other thread
We better get this guy done. If we miss out on him now that I reckon we're not pursuing Benatia, then Zubi or whoever responsible should be sacked right away because there is a limit of ineptness.... unless they can get some other good CB signed ofc.

If i was in your shoes, the limit would have been crossed since last summer when they chased during a whole summer a player they had little chance to get with absolutely no plan B.

Given that, i'm skeptical they have a plan B if they don't get marquinhos.

Beside my own opinion (i believe he will leave), everything points to a 50/50 possibility.

- Marquinhos never said he wanted to leave.
- He wants to talk with Nasser first.
- Therefore it opens the possibility that either he wants to ask for a transfer
- Or that he wants to ask for insurances about what his season at PSG will be if he stays.
- AFAIK PSG dropped to recruit a midfielder. We're not chasing Podga anymore for example.
- Blanc said that what he likes about DL is that he can play in midfield too.
- Blanc said he absolutely needs 3 CBs this season to cover all the competitions.

To me (beside my personal opinion based on guts feelings and nothing else), it's all in Nasser's hands and what he will reply to Marquinhos.

Therefore, i Hope Zubi has a plan B this time, just in case.

Too many people consider that Nasser is ok to let the kid go. Same about Marquinhos, they consider he wants to leave.

To me it's more complicated and no, it might not just be a problem with Alves salary.

I don't even think Nasser and marquinhos are at the point to talk about Alves or marcos transfer fee. From reports here (newspaper L'Equipe, yesterday), Nasser still refuses to consider marquinhos leaving for now since he needs to discuss with Marquinhos and his future at PSG first before considering the possibility to sell him.

Last edited:

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
I only quoted you to make that jab at TS any post with him in it would've done.

But my point about tactics was directed more at the general attitude of the forum from what I've read, not one or two specific posts. Everyone (Hopefully not the board) keeps on talking about 2 guys (Marquinhos and Benetia) when Pique-Bartra would probably work amazingly well if we dealt with the RB problem. Now I'm not saying don't buy 2 more CBs but it feels like we're falling into a trap set by our rivals to pay through the teeth for players we don't actually need all that bad, its what happened for the last 2 years and it seems like its happening again. Why aren't we linked with Subotic? or some other quality defender that would bring basically the same improvement as the ones we're talking about but isnt a flavour of the month 50-60 million dollar acquisition.

Edit: And not that I don't like Marquinhos but do you guys think he's better than Bartra? And I know none for you would buy Bartra for 35 million.

I agree 100%. What we actually need is 1 good CB and a new RB or a change of Alves tactics (+ some changes in the whole teams tactics). Playing Pique + new CB, Bartra as backup and Masch as fourth backup on CB and first backup for DM = problem solved. I also agree that we shouldn't spend through the roof for a flavor of the month player, many teams found new players last season and many teams will find new players this season that are under the radar and that we will be ready to to pay 3-4 times what the they were just bought for. F*ck, even I can be a scout for Barca by just looking at a FIFA14 forum and just choosing the most expensive players. Of course we need quality, but there is quality to found off the beaten track.

DonAK

Too many people consider that Nasser is ok to let the kid go. Same about Marquinhos, they consider he wants to leave.

To me it's more complicated and no, it might not just be a problem with Alves salary.

I don't even think Nasser and marquinhos are at the point to talk about Alves or marcos transfer fee. From reports here (newspaper L'Equipe, yesterday), Nasser still refuses to consider marquinhos leaving for now since he needs to discuss with Marquinhos and his future at PSG first before considering the possibility to sell him.

That's what I fear. Nasser refusing to sell him and we ending up with burning our both hands(Marquinhos and Benatia). I don't know who else will be available. Mathieu will cost 20m + taxes by actvating his buyout. Again overpaying for everything. Mathieu is not bad like many here think. I think he is good, but him alone is not good enough, especially not now when we have money available and when we have a transfer ban looming over our head.

We don't know what Zubi and Lucho are thinking though.... They apparently had a meeting together with Bartomeu today so I hope whatever they decided to do turn out well.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo

Problem is Bertus, do PSG plan on signing more players this summer? If they do, they need to cash in somehow. They are already hamstrung big time by the UEFA FFP sanctions and the David Luiz transfer. Are they happy to stand pat as it is, or do they have further plans?

The Marquinhos deal makes some sense to PSG, even if you as a fan don't like it. Not only are they getting a good player, but they are also getting some money back they can reinvest in another. It makes some sense.

If the sanctions weren't in play, I'd agree with you that there was no way in hell PSG would sell Marquinhos. However those sanctions do indeed at the very least leave a small window open.

DonAK

PSG can't offer any player a raise, they are restricted by UEFA for breaching the FFP regulations and they need to sell before buying first now as well. The problem is that they could simply offload players like Lavezzi, Pastore and others they don't need and add up some cash, instead of selling Marquinhos to us.

Bertus

Problem is Bertus, do PSG plan on signing more players this summer? If they do, they need to cash in somehow. They are already hamstrung big time by the UEFA FFP sanctions and the David Luiz transfer. Are they happy to stand pat as it is, or do they have further plans?

The Marquinhos deal makes some sense to PSG, even if you as a fan don't like it. Not only are they getting a good player, but they are also getting some money back they can reinvest in another. It makes some sense.

If the sanctions weren't in play, I'd agree with you that there was no way in hell PSG would sell Marquinhos. However those sanctions do indeed at the very least leave a small window open.
As a fan, i think marcos will leave and repeated it enough. What i'm trying to do here is to throw some logic. Don't try to imply i make fanboy posts, ty. ;)

And i would like you to also consider the french medias, because what you hear from spain is not what i hear here.

Here we got this :

- Nasser would prefer to drop Alex and keep Marquinhos.
- Alex has a bigger salary from what was implied when RMC compared the salaries at PSG and said Marcos was closer to Digne wage (Digne earns around 3M, Alex earns around 4M)

So just by stopping here if i follow your logic based on FFP and sanctions and wage problems, it makes more sense to drop Alex than Marquinhos.

Now, I will be gentle and avoid to throw you a sentence implying that as a fan you might dislike what i just said...

Bertus

PSG can't offer any player a raise, they are restricted by UEFA for breaching the FFP regulations and they need to sell before buying first now as well. The problem is that they could simply offload players like Lavezzi, Pastore and others they don't need and add up some cash, instead of selling Marquinhos to us.

There's strong rumors in French medias that we will probably sell lavezzi and/or Pastore. So yep.

And same as above, selling lavezzi or pastore make more sense than selling Marquinhos if we only care about the FFP here.

Especially since we have TOO MANY people in attack if we recruit hazard.

- Lavezzi
- Lucas
- Ibra
- Cavani
- Pastore
- Maybe Hazard
- Menez
- Ongenda (youth player that Blanc wants to make play more)
- Coman (youth player that Blanc wants to make play more)

Compared to that, we have only 4 CBs with one almost assured to leave (Alex), that would leave us with 3 CBs, and Blanc repeated he needs 3 CBs "at least".

Last edited:

Alarcón

The difference is that Alex would leave for a fraction of Marquinhos' fee. I'm not sure teams would even pay 10m for him and that should also be considered

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo

That's a good point about those players. But apart from the wages, PSG is required to also cut on their deficit. The Marquinhos for Alves deal affords them both a player, and some substantial income. They get double benefit. It makes some sense in that regard, that's all I'm saying.

As a fan, i think marcos will leave and repeated it enough. What i'm trying to do here is to throw some logic. Don't try to imply i make fanboy posts, ty. ;)

And i would like you to also consider the french medias, because what you hear from spain is not what i hear here.

Here we got this :

- Nasser would prefer to drop Alex and keep Marquinhos.
- Alex has a bigger salary from what was implied when RMC compared the salaries at PSG and said Marcos was closer to Digne wage (Digne earns around 3M, Alex earns around 4M)

So just by stopping here if i follow your logic based on FFP and sanctions and wage problems, it makes more sense to drop Alex than Marquinhos.

Now, I will be gentle and avoid to throw you a sentence implying that as a fan you might dislike what i just said...

Lol Bertus I think you inferred way more than I implied. I did not accuse you of anything, I was just saying that you as a PSG fan would understandably see losing Marquinhos as negative thing, regardless of other aspects.

As to the rest, the sanctions don't just affect wages. PSG is required to cut their deficit to -€30m next season, and neutral deficit by the season after. I won't claim to know of PSGs finances, but if they got sanctioned, and the expected goal set by UEFA for their deficit is -€30m, that has to mean their deficit is bigger than that. They might need to sell players to cover.

My only point is that the Marquinhos for Alves deal would give them both a good player and money, and on that, considering the sanction, the deal makes sense, at least on that aspect. That was my whole point.

My point about you as a fan was that as fan we don't care as much about finances but about the players, and even if the deal does make some sense financially, as a fan you mike not like it because you like the player so much. That was all :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans