Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

Flavia

Barcelona will pay 15M plus incentives for Sevilla midfielder Ivan Rakitic (26), who will join for five years, until 2019. [dimarzio] 15m makes it a very decent deal. Not all players need to be superstars. there's already messi, iniesta, neyney. Alves, Larsson, Toure and many others weren't stars when they joined Barça.

JamDav1982

Cesc doesn't fit Barça. I get many are annoyed because he will be massive at a different club, but here he would never work. He hasn't in 3 seasons, and he was always getting in Messi's, Iniesta's or Neymar's way. He should had never come. Rakitic wasn't my favorite, but I think he'll do better than Cesc.

Cesc has been the most creative midfielder and midfielder that scores the most goals

Cesc, Iniesta and Xavi never worked together and he was never given any sustained run at CM beside either of them.

He has never been as bad as some people try and make out either. He is just an easy scape goat.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
20m is not bad business if we take in to account that both RM and Atleti wanted him and our shambolic transfer history.

Ghostmaster

Danger Ahead
If you pay 20m and 8m a year and get rid of a player like Cesc to facilitate that then he will need to be a good signing.

Rafinha is not ready to be relied upon in the midfield. I think people massively over rate where he is as a player just now.

For me the team will be weaker with Cesc gone and Rakitic/Rafinha in.

He is a good signing but I am just saying that it might not work out for him.

Look for example at Illaramendi, they paid 38m for him and he mostly sits on the bench, 20m is nothing.

I agree Rafinha is not ready, but he might get more playing time while Rakitic will be adapting.

Trickykid

Cesc doesn't fit Barça. I get many are annoyed because he will be massive at a different club, but here he would never work. He hasn't in 3 seasons, and he was always getting in Messi's, Iniesta's or Neymar's way. He should had never come. Rakitic wasn't my favorite, but I think he'll do better than Cesc.

My thoughts exactly.
And I don't mind Rakitic coming at all, even though he wasn't my favorite either. He's not a Vidal in terms of star quality, meaning he won't HAVE to play every single minute. Thus Rafinha should get some decent minutes.

F

Flavia

Cesc has been the most creative midfielder and midfielder that scores the most goals

Cesc, Iniesta and Xavi never worked together and he was never given any sustained run at CM beside either of them.

He has never been as bad as some people try and make out either. He is just an easy scape goat.

Stats-wise, Cesc beats Iniesta, and I doubt anyone on their right mind would prefer cesc ahead of Iniesta. Cesc never fit the team, never played really well as he should. He was surplus, never should had come back in the 1st place.

L

Learo

Does Rakitic only have a year left on his contract? So we are pulling a deal like RM did when they signed Ozil for 14m?

mazp

Barcelona will pay 15M plus incentives for Sevilla midfielder Ivan Rakitic (26), who will join for five years, until 2019. [dimarzio] 15m makes it a very decent deal. Not all players need to be superstars. there's already messi, iniesta, neyney. Alves, Larsson, Toure and many others weren't stars when they joined Barça.

Alves along with Maicon was the best RB in the world, Larsson was world class, old but world class

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans