Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

messid10s

Rakitic might be a better fit than Cesc, despite Cesc being better. Filling a team with stars is often not the answer. The 4 man midfield this past season was just that. Tata trying to put all big names to play together.

Replacing Cesc and Xavi with Rakitic and Rafinha times are gonna be tough

Tomchin

Barcelona midfielder Xavi (34) is considering to accept a 3-year offer he got from a Qatari team. [catradio]

Barca legend leaving for a Qatari team? :facepalm:
Xavi leaving this summer would be disastrous, that would put way too much pressure on Rakitic + Rafinha's shoulders. Lucho'd better convince him to stay.

JamDav1982

Rakitic might be a better fit than Cesc, despite Cesc being better. Filling a team with stars is often not the answer. The 4 man midfield this past season was just that. Tata trying to put all big names to play together.

Who will be the starting three in mifield?

Busq/Xavi/Inietsa?

Busq/Iniesta/Rakitic?

For me both those are weaker than with Cesc in place of Rakitic/Xavi.

This looks like the weakest midfield in years to me.

Edit

Hamzah

High Definition Member
Bloody hell. Three ams and not one game controller.

If we are just replacing cesc with rakitic and raki gets higher wage then that's the dumbest thing ever. And we strengthen Chelsea...

L

Learo

Xavi leaving this summer would be disastrous, that would put way too much pressure on Rakitic + Rafinha's shoulders. Lucho'd better convince him to stay.

I agree. We are losing enough experience as it is, with Valdes, Alves and Puyol.

hardyboy

They've simply bought him just because he was available for relatively cheap. I'm almost certain he won't fit in Barca and will be mostly benched by Xavi or Rafa.

Last edited:

spark

Bloody hell. Three ams and not one game controller.

If we are just replacing cesc with rakitic and raki gets higher wage then that's the dumbest thing ever. And we strengthen Chelsea...

Rakitic is the new Xavi (the 34 year old one) so its cool.

L

linetty

Yeah, I love the optimism! Typical, the guy hasn't even played a single game yet but he already doesn't fit and whatnot.

Go to sleep

spark

BpZXEcaIMAEMqtY.jpg

Cuadadro next on the list. Can someone tell me when we will actually address our main long standing weakness?????

F

Flavia

Who will be the starting three in mifield?

Busq/Xavi/Inietsa?

Busq/Iniesta/Rakitic?

For me both those are weaker than with Cesc in place of Rakitic/Xavi.

This looks like the weakest midfield in years to me.

Edit

I prefer to wait and see how they'll do. But weaker than with cesc, I doubt it. Cesc was never that good playing for Barça, too slow and sloppy.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
Rakitic is good but a downgrade on cesc and is an am. Selling cesc only makes sense if we get a Xavi type player, especially when you'd insider raki gets a higher wage...

That being said I think raki will fit in more, but he is still an am and not a cm...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans