Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

linetty

He is a downgrade in quality. He might do better because of tactical reasons though. The assist and goal thing you brought up is not a fair comparison.
I know it's not really fair but it says something.

Cesc didn't leave yet though. We might still have them both.

spark

Rakitić suits our system better and he adds attributes we've been desperately missing the last 2 seasons...

Rakitić was the main man at Sevilla and they won the Europa League.

Cesc was the main man at Arsenal and they won...

Cesc is just more of a name, Rakitić is very underrated...

Bacca had as much to do with their season as Rakitic, lets sell Aaexis and make Bacca our number 9.

F

Flavia

Not if they are an inferior player. If someone was vital in keeping the liga race alive they shouldn't get credit for it according to you?

I don't think Cesc was vital in keeping the liga race alive. He contributed, but it wasn't down to him.

It is totally different to saying team finishes fourth without Messi, that is an idiotic thing to think.

However we can see the difference in the assists etc with and without Cesc in team. It is not guess work.

It's the same thing. You said Cesc was the reason Barça could still be in the fight... That can be said about Alexis or Messi as well. Take off their contributions and Barça wouldn't be fighting for the title. And it's idiotic, as you said yourself.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
I know they're unreliable but @AgenciaNews says Barcelona will announce 2-3 players in the next days .

Let's hope Cuadrado isn't one if them and we get a cb.

Flavia, I don't think he was vital either but you were saying like just any old player would have scored and got assists. Maybe I didn't understand you.

L

linetty

Keeping the liga race alive down to Cesc? I'm really done here. Good night guys and girls.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
I know they're unreliable but @AgenciaNews says Barcelona will announce 2-3 players in the next days .

I'm guessing Rakitic (officially), Laporte (based on his quotes about replacing Puyol), and maybe Bravo. Marcos ain't going to happen yet, and Atleti isn't going to sell Koke.

JamDav1982

I don't think Cesc was vital in keeping the liga race alive. He contributed, but it wasn't down to him.

It's the same thing. You said Cesc was the reason Barça could still be in the fight... That can be said about Alexis or Messi as well. Take off their contributions and Barça wouldn't be fighting for the title. And it's idiotic, as you said yourself.

No I will keep it simple.

Taking away the contributions of a single player and deciding the league table as if the club played with ten men is pointless.

That is totally different to comparing the team when Cesc played with Xavi/Iniesta.

It is completely different as you are comparing one players contribution against anothers in the same position.

SwiftGuyver

Bacca had as much to do with their season as Rakitic, lets sell Aaexis and make Bacca our number 9.

Alexis had a great season though and has a skillset useful to us. he is fast, works hard for the team & is pretty selfless, great fitness & energy levels, presses off the ball, pulls defenders out of position, provides plenty of assists and has improved his finishing...

F

Flavia

Let's hope Cuadrado isn't one if them and we get a cb.

Flavia, I don't think he was vital either but you were saying like just any old player would have scored and got assists. Maybe I didn't understand you.

No, I didn't mean any old player. But it's not like Barça would be doomed if Cesc wasn't here, as jamdav is trying to make it look.

Pepe Silvia

Some of ya'll are trippin' man. Rakitic is a baller. His control, balance, and movement are all really top class. Maybe the move is to have Busquets in more of an advanced CM role push up Mascherano to DM and free up Iniesta.

malvolio

Dani Alves is the only starter(world class) player that we bought from Sevilla. Adriano and Keita were backups. Excelent backups but backups none the less.
The only way I see it is that we buy Rakitic and someone else to control the tempo. Problem is that a CM to control the game is very hard to find or get.
Stop mentioning Rafinha as a real alternative if Rakitic fails. You dont play UCL quarters or semis with Rafinha as a starter, bossing the game. Not yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans