Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

Flavia

How when Thiago would have been injured for a 3rd season in a row (its a trend by now)

What's the point in discussing things that never happened? Saying Cesc was the reason Barça was fighting for the title until the end is the same as saying without Messi's goals Barça would end 4th in the table. I'm guilty of posting this before even, but I've realized it's stupid, thanks to footyfan. Someone else would score the goals, as someone else would give the assists Cesc did. Everything would be different, Thiago might even not get injured.

JamDav1982

Well, there's absolutely no way to know that. The team could also had played a lot better without him, if he left and thiago stayed. Just conjectures.

No reason to know what?

I am basing that on the games I watched at the start of the season and towards the end when Cesc was not in beside both Xavi and Iniesta. The team looked better and he deserved to be starting ahead of Xavi a lot more.

The fact that the team may have been better with Thiago? Well the team was not better with Thiago in the two years he and Cesc were both there.

SwiftGuyver

personally i'm not even sure Cesc is that much better...he certainly hasn't been the last 2 seasons IMO...

Rakitić can play AM, CM & has even played in a deeper almost DM role at times and always done either ok or really well. he will run and work hard for the team, he will close down and press, he can pass long and short, he is skilfull on the ball, he can score from distance...i think a midfield of Busquets, Iniesta & Rakitić could be rather exciting...

Rakitić & Rafinha both give us a lot of what we've been missing the last 2 seasons...

Hamzah

High Definition Member
What's the point in discussing things that never happened? Saying Cesc was the reason Barça was fighting for the title until the end is the same as saying without Messi's goals Barça would end 4th in the table. I'm guilty of posting this before even, but I've realized it's stupid, thanks to footyfan. Someone else would score the goals, as someone else would give the assists Cesc did.

Not if they are an inferior player. If someone was vital in keeping the liga race alive they shouldn't get credit for it according to you?

JamDav1982

What's the point in discussing things that never happened? Saying Cesc was the reason Barça was fighting for the title until the end is the same as saying without Messi's goals Barça would end 4th in the table. I'm guilty of posting this before even, but I've realized it's stupid, thanks to footyfan. Someone else would score the goals, as someone else would give the assists Cesc did.

It is totally different to saying team finishes fourth without Messi, that is an idiotic thing to think.

However we can see the difference in the assists etc with and without Cesc in team. It is not guess work.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
this season

Rakitic 13 goals, 12 assists
Cesc 9 goals, 14 assists

I can't see any downgrade.

You seriously think rakitic is a better player than cesc? Remember he is the main man in that team and pays every game/gets freedom.

When cesc had this at arsenal he was the top assister and chance creator in Europe.

JamDav1982

this season

Rakitic 13 goals, 12 assists
Cesc 9 goals, 14 assists

I can't see any bigger downgrade.

Rakitic who has a team built around him and is over all pens and set pieces, played 90 mins every game.

Useless comparison as he wont get that at Barca.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
It is totally different to saying team finishes fourth without Messi, that is an idiotic thing to think.

However we can see the difference in the assists etc with and without Cesc in team. It is not guess work.

Somehow, I feel as though you've contradicted yourself.

L

linetty

You seriously think rakitic is a better player than cesc? Remember he is the main man in that team and pays every game/gets freedom.

When cesc had this at arsenal he was the top assister and chance creator in Europe.
Where did I say Rakitic is a better player than Cesc? I just claimed he is not any bigger downgrade to Cesc as most of you think.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
He is a downgrade in quality. He might do better because of tactical reasons though. The assist and goal thing you brought up is not a fair comparison.

SwiftGuyver

Rakitić suits our system better and he adds attributes we've been desperately missing the last 2 seasons...

Rakitić was the main man at Sevilla and they won the Europa League.

Cesc was the main man at Arsenal and they won...

Cesc is just more of a name, Rakitić is very underrated...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans