Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

SwiftGuyver

Our plans for next season?

10351824_649398388473197_1622967336524886306_n.jpg

i'd be pretty happy with this to be honest...

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Even if you somehow manage to convince Koke, I pretty much doubt we're gonna pay 60m for him which is the only option since it's his release clause. Atletico won't sell for a penny less and rightly so!

Kohe321

Getting a player that fits the system and the philosophy of the coach is everything. Cesc is awesome, but I never feel he completely "clicked" with Barcelona. His stats were good, but somehow I felt he often looked somewhat out of sync on the pitch. Think it's just an unfortunate mismatch between other players and how he was used - it would require too big of a restructuring of the system to get the best out of him, the level he showed at Arsenal.

Look at Atletico this season, or the basketball team Chicago Bulls under the Michael Jordan era. Several of the players in these teams were not "star" players, only a few were, but all of them fit the system perfectly - they were almost tailor made to match how the team played. It's all about getting players who mesh well with the system, and THEN you can start thinking about getting the best possible player for each position in that system. Barcelona in 2009 is another example. Every player on the pitch played their important role in the team, and every player matched the style of play required by the coach perfectly. Just as with Atletico this year - but what made Barca 2009 so much better than this years Atletico was simply the fact that in addition to having perfectly complimentary players in every position, each and every player in these positions were among the best in the world - or simply the best in the world.

I think Luis Enrique has a clear idea in mind on what we need, and he has already started his restructuring of the team to make it more balanced. Getting a hard-working, bench accepting, 1,84cm tall awesome midfielder like Rakitic is potentially brilliant. I think we should just trust Enrique and support him fully, because this could be great times ahead.

Edit: look at me joining the optimists. :lol:

Last edited:

i_bleed_blaugrana

The more and more I think about Rakitic and after watching him play a bit, it might not be as bad as I initially feared. What I like most about him is that he can score from distance.

I would have preferred Torres but Rakitic certainly isn't a bad player. It seems Lucho fully intends to give Rafinha a real chance to make an impact this season. Sergi-Rafinha for our future AMs wouldn't be poor by any means. And if you want a controling CM, Sergi Roberto fits that to a T. Nothing flashy but very consistent and solid in position. Doesn't make mistakes. Perhaps they are getting bigger roles this season to make up for Cesc's lost time.

xxxxxx

Alex? Marquinhos for 15m? Lol not a chance.

Not to mention the obvious with Reus coming out and saying that it will be a guarantee that he will be at BVB next season.

I think it's Alves and 15m for Marquinhos. And we can't get Alex, because he's joined AC Milan.

If this picture is true, it must be about a week or 2 old.

Kerrybai

Not to mention the obvious with Reus coming out and saying that it will be a guarantee that he will be at BVB next season.

Its probably BS but the stars beside the names must go together... so you can see 1 star beside alves and Marquinhos...

So I guess if Tello goes to Sevilla or Bojan to Real Sociedad then it could be real :lol:

Jadentheman

anyone can say something one day, then leave the next. It's the nature of these transfers

Barcilliant

Rakitic will be a better fit then Cesc imo. He is a quick thinker, physically faster and works harder. Cesc is lucky he went to Arsenal and made a name for himself in the pl. If he had stayed here he would have struggled to make an impression.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Cesc doesn't fit Barça. I get many are annoyed because he will be massive at a different club, but here he would never work. He hasn't in 3 seasons, and he was always getting in Messi's, Iniesta's or Neymar's way. He should had never come. Rakitic wasn't my favorite, but I think he'll do better than Cesc.

What do you mean Cesc was always in other players' way?

I can't remember how many games as soon as he got subbed in, the momentum changed for the better. Cesc seems to be a better sub than a starter.

Anyway, it is pointless to argue over Cesc. Wish him the best. He will score against us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans