Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Cesc started that game, and missed a ton of chances too.

Remember this, two coaches like Pep & Tito, who are born & bred Catalan midfielders of the club and know Cesc better than most coaches had him sitting on the bench in key matches in the 2nd half of the season...And if Tata's rumoured 'rotten apple' comments are not far from the truth, it needed to happen for that alone....The key however is that he failed to be an influencing factor in the key stretch of the season

i_bleed_blaugrana

I think Cesc struggled here because he wasn't able to do what he came to the team to do: replace Xavi. Every coach insisted on trying to find a system where he, Xavi and Iniesta all played together and that insistence alone is key reason why a) Cesc failed here and b) our tiki-taka has looked so stale for the past 2.5 seasons.

Had he stayed at Arsenal until we actually needed him, I think he would have been a lot more successful. But as long as Xavi had a key role in the team, he was never going to get the environment he needed to succeed. Stats don't lie and the fact that his output has been much higher than Xavi's since last year and he still had to play 2nd fiddle to him is proof how misplaced our logic has been in handling and developing Cesc. The fact that he hasn't improved since he got here has much more to do with us than him. Its Xavi we should be getting rid of, not Cesc.

Egert

Estonian Culé
Barcelona will pay around 18M for Sevilla midfielder Ivan Rakitic (26). He will sign a contract for 3+1 years. [estadiodeportivo elesportiu]

Chainsaw

Killahead
I think Cesc struggled here because he wasn't able to do what he came to the team to do: replace Xavi. Every coach insisted on trying to find a system where he, Xavi and Iniesta all played together and that insistence alone is key reason why a) Cesc failed here and b) our tiki-taka has looked so stale for the past 2.5 seasons.

Had he stayed at Arsenal until we actually needed him, I think he would have been a lot more successful. But as long as Xavi had a key role in the team, he was never going to get the environment he needed to succeed. Stats don't lie and the fact that his output has been much higher than Xavi's since last year and he still had to play 2nd fiddle to him is proof how misplaced our logic has been in handling and developing Cesc. The fact that he hasn't improved since he got here has much more to do with us than him. Its Xavi we should be getting rid of, not Cesc.

That's exactly what many of us been saying 3 years ago. Unfortunately the club and some certain fanboys of Cesc were thinking otherwise.

i_bleed_blaugrana

Sidenote and completely unrelated but I am posting it here because we get a lot of eyes here:

Can we open a world cup thread? I really would love to chat about WC games, brackets, top breakout players in the tournament etc.

Jägermeister

Give Rakitic a chance, folks. Why so much hate when he didn't even play a single second?

If he performs well everybody in this thread knew it of course. :coffee:

Behrox

Vice President of FC Barcelona
Give Rakitic a chance, folks. Why so much hate when he didn't even play a single second?

If he performs well everybody in this thread knew it of course. :coffee:

I knew it. Lets make a list of who supported the move so we can laugh at those who oppose him

Maria

most of the people moaning probably haven't even seen Rakitić play very often or at all...
he just isn't a 'big name' so not good enough in their eyes...
makes me question how long they have followed Barca, there was a period of about 3-4 years between Van Gaal & Rijkaard when we didn't win anything and there was like a 12 year gap between the end of the Cruyff era and the start of the Guardiola era (our two most successful periods) when things weren't so 'perfect', we have always
gone through bad times and we haven't always just relied on big, superstar names to get us back to winning ways...
Rivaldo, Deco, Eto'o, Yaya etc etc were not 'big superstar names' when they joined us either...

And because we have gone through the Gaspart days some of us are so pessimistic, because we know how fast it can all go badly at Barca. Also you have to keep in mind that this time the club has the 2nd biggest revenues and players like Pique, Busquets, Iniesta, Neymar and Messi who are enough to build another winning team around them. And with those 600M euros that will be spent on the stadium in 2 years I think that we will regret badly if we don't improve this team while we can.

read other team's forums (Man Utd) for example and you'll see that most of their fans are jealous about us potentially signing Rakitić...

They are more desperate than we are for signing a CB at the moment(and I would be too if Barca would have that midfield), so they are jealous on any team that signs a midfielder right now.

Our plans for next season?

10351824_649398388473197_1622967336524886306_n.jpg

It was a fan who posted that, saying what would he do if he would be Zubi.

I knew it. Lets make a list of who supported the move so we can laugh at those who oppose him

It's not like those who don't like him don't want him be a succes at Barca though and I'm sure they will be happy to be proven wrong.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans