Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zincubus

Banned
The more and more I think about Rakitic and after watching him play a bit, it might not be as bad as I initially feared. What I like most about him is that he can score from distance.

I would have preferred Torres but Rakitic certainly isn't a bad player. It seems Lucho fully intends to give Rafinha a real chance to make an impact this season. Sergi-Rafinha for our future AMs wouldn't be poor by any means. And if you want a controling CM, Sergi Roberto fits that to a T. Nothing flashy but very consistent and solid in position. Doesn't make mistakes. Perhaps they are getting bigger roles this season to make up for Cesc's lost time.

Just watched loads of utube selections of Rakitec .....looks an exiting player but 90% of his input seems to be providing amazing crosses or freekicks into the box ..... so presumably we will buying a striker who likes getting on the end of things ??!!

Maybe his fellow Croatian Mario Mandzukic????

Last edited:

WallBreaker

I have never payed too much attention to Rakitic, but some fellow Madrid fans i know tell me that with some work he could become a good midfielder that could play at an interior position similar to what Modric and Di Maria have done for Real during 13/14. He has the talent.

As a Madrid fan, i just feel like saying that if Real Madrid are indeed going for a midfielder, surely the only reason he has been let free to be purchased so easily, (specially considering the price) it is because Madrid will most likely pull with full force for Pogba, or Vidal.

F

Flavia

What do you mean Cesc was always in other players' way?

Exactly that. He would be where Iniesta operates, or Messi, or Neymar. As he never had a defined role.
Most of the games he played people were asking for him to be subbed. I get that he'll be a reinforcement to any team, and that's annoying, but he just doesn't work at Barça.
Rakitic wasn't my favorite to replace him, but I'll wait to see if he's really signed, and if he'll work here before judging. I know Cesc doesn't work, so this was a needed measure.

Semi-Neutral

Sir Alupp Heynrguson
Quoting myself from another thread

I feel like the 3 coaches argument for both Cesc and Alexis doesn't really mean much, Tito and Pep both worked together and Tito operated very similarly tactics and line-up wise, and Tata got fired after one season and didn't get a chance to really experiment.

And also, the coaches may very well have wanted him to do that. I highly doubt a player like Cesc wouldn't be able to handle simple commands like "position yourself here when it's like this, and here when it's like this". That's not that hard of a thing to do, especially for professional players.

F

Flavia

Quoting myself from another thread

And also, the coaches may very well have wanted him to do that. I highly doubt a player like Cesc wouldn't be able to handle simple commands like "position yourself here when it's like this, and here when it's like this". That's not that hard of a thing to do, especially for professional players.

I respectfully disagree :)

I think the pl ruined him for Barca. In the beginning I hoped he would find a way to fit, but he failed to adapt. There's really no other explanation, imo. He often looks clueless and out of place. He is fit for the pl, he'll make an impact right away and we will see people crying here, but sadly, leaving so soon made him a player not suited for Barça.

Richard.H

What do you mean Cesc was always in other players' way?

I can't remember how many games as soon as he got subbed in, the momentum changed for the better. Cesc seems to be a better sub than a starter.

Anyway, it is pointless to argue over Cesc. Wish him the best. He will score against us.

This I can definitely agree with. He would be an amazing supersub for us. Unfortunately, he's too good to accept such a role. I remember when he came in as a sub against chelsea in cl semifinals 2012. He changed the game tremendously and even caused a penalty that was unfortunately missed by Messi.

F

Flavia

This I can definitely agree with. He would be an amazing supersub for us. Unfortunately, he's too good to accept such a role. I remember when he came in as a sub against chelsea in cl semifinals 2012. He changed the game tremendously and even caused a penalty that was unfortunately missed by Messi.
Cesc started that game, and missed a ton of chances too.

Richard.H

Cesc started that game, and missed a ton of chances too.

My apologies. For some reason I remembered him really coming alive in the second half. I guess he was terrible in the first half for me to completely forget that he started the match..

Pepe Silvia

Can someone confirm that Reus actually said with his own mouth that he would not be leaving Dortmund this summer? That would be solid if those rumors of us chasing him were true.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans