Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
It happens he's wrong, but who has a perfect record?

Last year, two of his annoucements made me laugh.

Last summer, he announced mata at PSG during the last hours of the mercato...

And the day before Higain signed at Napoli, Palmieri annouced he signed with Arsenal, sure deal, already done...

:lol:

It happens that he is wrong, but he is wrong too many times. He is just like MD and SPORT. Keep bullshitting 24/7 and you will get something right eventually.

Trickykid

Would Suarez be a starter at Sevilla? We need to loan our youngsters to teams where they start.

I doubt it. Unless he pulls a Rafinha in terms of rise to stardom, I don't think a recent EL winning team that's supposed to fight for ChL quailfication will start him regularly.
On the other hand, Rakitic will leave a vacant spot, and I could see Suarez play in his AM position. I suppose he could slot in or even replace either Jairo or Vitolo too, so the options are there, if the coach believes in him.

R

Ryu Hayabusa

I highly doubt we'll get Reus, but they are rumors in German media that Barca offered 35mio for him. Also Mandzukic wants to leave Bayern as Pep doesn't really count on him. Would be a good chance to get a very efficient striker.

Yeah, ofc. Given that said number is the number to activate his contract release clause NEXT year, it sounds completely reasonable that BVB would accept an offer of the exact same number one year earlier.
I bet somehow that makes sense in the delusional world of Spanish sports journalism (twas Spanish sport who said it, not any German news outlet btw).

DinhoR10

Denis Suarez may be included in the deal for rakitic if so I hope it's only a loan kid is amazing and Sevilla would be great for him to get a jump start like rafinha did.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

spark

Spending all our time trying to sign midfielders again and focusing on an overpriced young talent at CB... typical.

To cheer you up you I recommend the news of a winger with zero defensive ability to replace Alves. Paired with Alba, what could possibly go wrong.

Egert

Estonian Culé
Barcelona and Sevilla talked for more than 5 hours today. Alen Halilovic, who joins Barcelona B, could also be part of Rakitic deal. [cope]

How? Loan Halilovic to Sevilla. I hope it is a loan.

Barcelona sources confirm there are only details left regarding Rakitic's transfer. They hope to announce the deal tomorrow. [rac1 catradio]

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
It has to be a loan. It would be a huge slap in the face for Halilovic if we offer him to Sevilla permanently, after signing the kid on the promise that he is joining Barca and one day he could be playing on the A team.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
It has to be a loan. It would be a huge slap in the face for Halilovic if we offer him to Sevilla permanently, after signing the kid on the promise that he is joining Barca and one day he could be playing on the A team.

Loan? He just arrived here. Should not be a loan at all. He should play at the B team. A loan for Denis sounds okay, but with a buy clause? That would be very disrespectful to the player who came back just so he could play at Barcelona even though it is the player who decides where to go even if Sevilla activate a such clause.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Loan? He just arrived here. Should not be a loan at all. He should play at the B team. A loan for Denis sounds okay, but with a buy clause? That would be very disrespectful to the player who came back just so he could play at Barcelona even though it is the player who decides where to go even if Sevilla activate a such clause.

Agreed that he should stay with our B team. But if he is part of a deal to land Rakitic, then he'd better be out on loan, not sold to them to sweeten up the deal.

But then again, you can never underestimate the level of stupidity flowing through our front office.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
This is @barcastuff BS, I don't buy a single bit.

Firstly, Halilovic just got to the club, hasn't played a single game for Barca at any level. The team hasn't had a chance to teach him and mold him and he is only 17 years old. There is almost zero chance he is getting loaned out this season.
Secondly, loaning out Suarez is a decent idea, specially to Sevilla, but this buy clause is hard to believe. Sevilla is not in a very good bargaining position, what with Rakitic refusing to renew and wanting to leave with his contract running out. There is no chance Barca give away a very promising player, one they payed good money to get, on a buy clause as part of the Rakitic deal. I don't see it.

spark

http://www.eldesmarque.com/sevilla-futbol-club/63070-el-traspaso-de-rakitic-al-barca-muy-avanzado

According to their local papers they did ask for it. Whether we agree to it or not remains to be seen but from their point of view it makes senses, whats the incentive to play a loan player if it doesnt have a benefit for you beyond the immediate short term. I would like to say we would reject that outright but their Sporting director is Monchi and ours is Zubi so I'll leave it at that.

Last edited:
L

Learo

http://www.estadiodeportivo.com/sev...a-negocia-sevilla-traspaso-rakitic/25175.html

According to their local papers they did ask for it. Whether we agree to it or not remains to be seen but from their point of view it makes senses, whats the incentive to play a loan player if it doesnt have a benefit for you beyond the immediate short term. I would like to say we would reject that outright but their Sporting director is Monchi and ours is Zubi so I'll leave it at that.

This idea that there is no incentive to strengthen the team with a loanee because it will only be for one season is an argument I have never ever heard clubs use before. Clubs in general love to get free quality players. Especially since these clubs are very accustomed to selling their players anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans