Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

mazp

Why do we NEED one?

To get the fans to believe again? Seriously, these signings are OK, but nothing really special. Losing Cesc replace him with Rakitic, does that really makes us better? Losing Valdes replace him with ter Stegen, Lose Alves, replace him with Marquinhos? Lose Sanchez, replace him with most likely Cuadrado?

I don't see how the team is stronger? More like the same or maybe slightly downgraded, IMO.

Androutsos

To get the fans to believe again? Seriously, these signings are OK, but nothing really special. Losing Cesc replace him with Rakitic, does that really makes us better? Losing Valdes replace him with ter Stegen, Lose Alves, replace him with Marquinhos? Lose Sanchez, replace him with most likely Cuadrado?

I don't see how the team is stronger? More like the same or maybe slightly downgraded, IMO.

At this moment we had the team with the highest quality, but least motivation. Injecting hunger whilst sacrificing a slight bit of quality is the goal.

mazp

At this moment we had the team with the highest quality, but least motivation. Injecting hunger whilst sacrificing a slight bit of quality is the goal.

That's well and good to want to inject hunger in the squad, but if the players aren't of high quality then it becomes pointless.

ebieymjunior

I understand where you're coming from, but for example ter Stegen is an ideal signing for Barca, Rakitic is also very good considering Cesc's inconstant form, the rest we don't really know if they'll ultimately be joining, but remember that even though they're not hyped by everyone, most of them are really good signing (some of which we will see just how good they are during the World Cup, and I think most will be surprised).

Don't also forget that we already have a starting core (so these additions will be to add rotation or depth) and that Enrique has the final calls on transfers and knows how he wants the team to play and who he wants to play. And if the transfers he got in Roma indicate anything, it's that he has an eye for unknown class players. But even historically, Barca have only made marquee signings every 2 years or so (not every year) and with the style of play who's to say they won't be able to adapt (quickly)?

I don't also know if we are still getting Marquinhos or who we are actually getting - we might as well be trying to get Benatia and no one would know considering how unreliable the media is.

And here's what I see Lucho doing (don't know for a certainty), I see him wanting to trust the youngsters like Pep did with Busquets, and gradually playing Xavi less and less and Roberto and Rafinha more. Same with Deulofeu, so one of Alexis or Pedro will leave, but that depends on who he thinks will work well in his system of play.

And I don't want people to be complaining next year that Barca always go for overhyped when they should do some scouting, which they are doing just fine now. So ultimately we don't need a marquee signing this year. We need a strong team.

CatalinR10

How would people feel about this deal:

Fabregas for Lukaku + 10 million?

This+feel.+It+s+different+from+the+feels+you+get+from+_84c8cb59598901e2c4d858635e3166fd.jpg

Jägermeister

Same thing happened between Here :

Ciro Immobile happy at Torino and dismisses speculation over future. . . Barely 2 weeks later this happened

10375858_316021275221878_1240531893_a.jpg

In general talks about a player not leaving are published to make the price go high (Mourinho e.g. with de Bruyne).
But with Lewandowski Dortmund have proven that they might be more serious about things like that.

Icarium

Lifestealer
Barcelona have reached a verbal agreement with Marco Reus and will now offer Dortmund £28m for him. (Source: talkSPORT)

Where do these rumors come from? They clearly said they are not selling and even Reus does not want to leave.

ebc_99

Barcelona have reached a verbal agreement with Marco Reus and will now offer Dortmund £28m for him. (Source: talkSPORT)

Where do these rumors come from? They clearly said they are not selling and even Reus does not want to leave.

Just because Reus and Dortmund said those things does not mean the truly believe it. Reus will need to move at some point, might as well be now. If Barca push for him it will be hard for him to turn down especially as there is still a chance that Barca will not be able to sign players next year because of the ban and where would that leave Reus? Barca is the world greatest club and he has a chance to sign, he should take it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans