Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Do we need a forward at all other than for super-sub purposes? Alexis provides everything we supposedly "need" a striker for and more. His off the ball runs and movement make him deadly in a non-dynamic role, he has technical ability and fits in the passing system, he can play off the last defender or bomb forward in counterattacks, and drifts to the higher center area at times to take away markers from Messi and hold space. All of this AND the added benefit of his tireless workrate and ability to be deployed in a versatile wide position instead of being chained only to a central one.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Sport with an article about the possibility of losing Sanabria to a host of big clubs coming in for a player who has yet to renew and has even had Tata Martino lobby him & his family over his importance to the club & his project...Would be a terrible loss

Bertus

http://www.metronews.fr/sport/trans...iseur-du-barca-au-mercato/mmks!TDY0W18lsAPXE/

According to Mundo Deportivo, Barcelona and Zubizarreta in particular are decided to buy 3 to 4 PSG players next summer.

- Matuidi
- Verratti
- Marquinhos
- Thiago Silva

Told you guys, Zubi still didn't give up on TS. And now he wants even more :hooray: What a clown.

When will Zubi learn ? :wub:

Come at us, Bro. PSG pushed Barcelona back once, and can do it again.

In place of Zubi, i'll prepare to apologize to Barcelona fans in advance.

pEllee

http://www.metronews.fr/sport/trans...iseur-du-barca-au-mercato/mmks!TDY0W18lsAPXE/

According to Mundo Deportivo, Barcelona and Zubizarreta in particular are decided to buy 3 to 4 PSG players next summer.

- Matuidi
- Verratti
- Marquinhos
- Thiago Silva

Told you guys, Zubi still didn't give up on TS. And now he wants even more :hooray: What a clown.

When will Zubi learn ? :wub:

Come at us, Bro. PSG pushed Barcelona back once, and can do it again.

In place of Zubi, i'll prepare to apologize to Barcelona fans in advance.

Matuidi in Barca? Hilarious. :lol:

abual3bed1

Vice-president Josep Maria Bartomeu says Barcelona will announce the name of the next goal keeper in January once Valdes announces his next team. Pepe Reina and Marc-Andre Ter Stegen are the favorites.

Bertus

Matuidi in Barca? Hilarious. :lol:

The article is serious and some things were already reported weeks ago.

Two emissaries from Barcelona are scouting verratti, matuidi and marquinhos since a few matches already. Those dudes were spotted during our first match against Anderlecht and during our match against Bastia.

But Barcelona needs to learn that they should go scout players elsewhere.

I have faith that Nasser will push Zubi and Rosell back again. And Zubi and Rosell will cry again that PSG doesn't want to discuss.

The only one that has a bit of chance to join Barcelona is Matuidi.

Matuidi's contract ends in 2014 and PSG is struggling to make him sign a new contract.

Not because of the player, but because there is a war between Mino Raiola (his new agent), and Jean Pierre Bernès (his previous agent).

Both agents took it to the tribunal, and PSG can't make a move till there is some news on the justice side.

Last edited:

Catorce

Cruijff's Heir
The article is serious and some things were already reported weeks ago.

Two emissaries from Barcelona are scouting verratti, matuidi and marquinhos since a few matches already. Those dudes were spotted during our first match against Anderlecht and during our match against Bastia.

But Barcelona needs to learn that they should go scout players elsewhere.

I have faith that Nasser will push Zubi and Rosell back again. And Zubi and Rosell will cry again that PSG doesn't want to discuss.

The only one that has a bit of chance to join Barcelona is Matuidi.

Matuidi's contract ends in 2014 and PSG is struggling to make him sign a new contract.

Not because of the player, but because there is a war between Mino Raiola (his new agent), and Jean Pierre Bernès (his previous agent).

Both agents took it to the tribunal, and PSG can't make a move till there is some news on the justice side.

Sorry Bertus, you probably do not mean to come across like it, but it all sounds incredibly cocky to me. And I personally can't stand that from (fans of) a club like PSG in it's current state. But maybe it's just me and my grudge against those kinds of clubs. :mou:

Nothing of that will be true probably. Matuidi is no where near the level of Barcelona, Thiago Silva and Marquinhos aren't coming here either and neither is Verratti. I like all three, but the Thiago Silva ship has sailed for us. The other two might once be a Barcelona player in the future, but not in the near future.

Do you really believe that article? Come on.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
Do we need a forward at all other than for super-sub purposes? Alexis provides everything we supposedly "need" a striker for and more. His off the ball runs and movement make him deadly in a non-dynamic role, he has technical ability and fits in the passing system, he can play off the last defender or bomb forward in counterattacks, and drifts to the higher center area at times to take away markers from Messi and hold space. All of this AND the added benefit of his tireless workrate and ability to be deployed in a versatile wide position instead of being chained only to a central one.

That is an interesting question. Right now? I'd say we do not need another forward. However, this is contingent to Neymar's continued improvement, Messi's return to health and form, and Alexis maintaining this level and becoming a consistent and reliable scorer. These are a lot of ifs, but having no reason to think they cannot occur, I'd say they can concentrate on reinforcing different positions for the time being because if these conditions happen, then our front 3 is good enough to win everything.

Though I do have doubts if Neymar can become a true reliable scoring threat right away, and if Alexis can keep his current form all through the year.

The "plan B" strike option is a delicate situation. The position and demand you'd have for a player like that really limits the players you can bring that would be ok with accepting such a role. Bringing someone subpar just because he was one of the few to accept such a role would, IMHO, be more a hindrance than a benefit to the team.

Bertus

Sorry Bertus, you probably do not mean to come across like it, but it all sounds incredibly cocky to me. And I personally can't stand that from (fans of) a club like PSG in it's current state. But maybe it's just me and my grudge against those kinds of clubs. :mou:

Nothing of that will be true probably. Matuidi is no where near the level of Barcelona, Thiago Silva and Marquinhos aren't coming here either and neither is Verratti. I like all three, but the Thiago Silva ship has sailed for us. The other two might once be a Barcelona player in the future, but not in the near future.

Do you really believe that article? Come on.
You should not feel insecure about me, or feel any grudge, because if I'm primarily a psg fan, I too am a Barcelona fan, and a Messi fan.

But maybe you didn't follow my participation to this forum maybe, so i'll explain it to you.

Last summer, there were strong rumors about TS coming to Barcelona, And without being cocky at all (trust me) I provided any informations and sources I heard here in France.

I then got into arguments with some members who rejected what i said despite my sources and also because some infos and rumors from spain made almost no sense.

I even had a member who insulted me and said I used a double account to create problems here.

He insulted me because I provided informations from the french league, from the LFP and the FFF that he rejected because it was going against what he wanted (he wanted TS at Barcelona).

I got the same kind of infos about David Luiz and said nearly from the beginning that there was little to no chance to see him join Barcelona.

And i got again in some arguments with some members because apparently the truth hurt sometimes it seems.

People here can say what they want about me, but I always try to be fair and to base what i say on informations that I believe are confirmed.

And I can understand you might hate PSG, but it doesn't mean people can belittle that club for some reasons.

And no reason to belittle players like TS who preferred to stay at PSG. I said that because some people on this forum did it.

And money has nothing to do with it. TS CAN choose what he wants, whether it's for money or not is not the problem. It's his life, his choices, and I still don't understand the bad remarks about him when some people here learned he signed a new contract with PSG.

To not choose Barcelona, because of money or any other reason is not a crime.

And despite the fact that I like Barca very much, I feel no sympathy for some things that Rosell said. Because as i said, it's not a "fault" to not pick Barcelona.

Zubi IIRC said "I can't believe TS chose PSG over Barcelona", and then what ? For f*** sake, TS is not a criminal or anything.

If you want to know, I support Barcelona too for a long time now, but i dislike Rosell and Zubi. Rosell because i don't trust that man, and Zubi because I think he's not competent enough in his job.

Last edited:

Bertus

Its 100% BS.
Barcelona's scouts were seen at some psg matches lately.

When french journalists make that kind of reports, it's not a lie.

Now maybe it was not to scout the players MD talked about, but Barca scouts are looking at PSG, that is a fact.

Last edited:

Bertus

Ah, also, I am the reason that there is now two threads for transfers (one for Barcelona, another for the rest)

Because a member criticized me during our "argument" about David Luiz. And because I posted MANY infos about transfers that concern other clubs.

Because he couldn't understand that i can like two clubs (PSG and Barcelona) and also because he couldn't understand I am interested in other clubs transfers, even the clubs I dislike.. And because he believed till the end that DL was going to join Barcelona, while I asked him many times to be reasonable because all was pointing to it not happening.

After that, the mods, to make peace again, created a new thread exclusively to talk about transfers that concern Barcelona.

Last edited:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Barcelona's scouts were seen at some psg matches lately.

When french journalists make that kind of reports, it's not a lie.

Now maybe it was not to scout the players MD talked about, but Barca scouts are looking at PSG, that is a fact.

Well.... it's a good way to get a paid vacation in Paris :p

If they were there to look at those players then it's surely a waste of time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans