Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is good news in that this might get Zubi to set his sights on Benatia or Hummels again. This Marquinhos saga has been silly from the start, he just joined PSG last year and had a chance to join us then (we did bid for him back then didn't we?), and now he wants out? :lol:

Well, it seems pretty obvious to me that he wants to join Barca. PSG and Nasser are the problem. They don't wanna sell him.

ebc_99

This is new reality, forget about world class defenders, we should pray that Miranda would choose us over United.

Ronaldinho chose us over United when we were not in the Champions league and they were, very few if any non British players would choose them over us especially right now.

World class players are still an option at this stage, we have 10 weeks or so until the window closes I think, so plenty of time.

True, and no Alves for them either. Just offer Alves a new contract, and hope that Lucho can motivate him enough to get back to his best form.

Or that Montoya explodes next season. He showed promise in 2012, and if anyone's going to get him to replicate that form, it's Enrique.

H

Haruko The Goon

Ronaldinho chose us over United when we were not in the Champions league and they were, v
e.

I think Brazilians would prefer to come to Barcelona for the weather and other factors. It's closer in culture to the Brazilian way of life.

Also, United wanted Barthez as part of the deal. If I remember they were willing to pay £16m + Barthez. But Barca were willing to pay the full amount, £22m or thereabouts.

United only said £21m verbally, but their bid was less and with a player. PSG thought nah F that lol

Arsenal enquired about Ronaldinho, but we couldn't sign him due to work permit issues.

Bertus

This is good news in that this might get Zubi to set his sights on Benatia or Hummels again. This Marquinhos saga has been silly from the start, he just joined PSG last year and had a chance to join us then (we did bid for him back then didn't we?), and now he wants out? :lol:

Marquinhos participated in a football tv show at the end of 2013 on the french TV channel TF1.

When asked why he chose PSG over Barcelona he replied that he will be frank and honest and explain how it happened:

........ He never had to choose because Barcelona NEVER made any official offer to As Roma.

He added that he couldn't say what he would have chosen if Barcelona had made an offer, since they NEVER did.

:messi:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
If Dos Santos refuses to join Real Sociedad, Barcelona will make a higher money bid for keeper Claudio Bravo. Current bid was 8-10M. [md]

:jds:

JackaL

Is Rakitic a done deal? I can't stop to think he will be a sub at max. Guys, Real has Modric ffs, why would we (I know different player/positions) transfer a player of less quality?

Egert

Estonian Culé
Of course we NEVER made a offer because we counted on Puyol.... We really need to get a group together and go protest against :zubi: if he can't get us 2 good/world class CBs.

Ghostmaster

Danger Ahead
Marquinhos participated in a football tv show at the end of 2013 on the french TV channel TF1.

When asked why he chose PSG over Barcelona he replied that he will be frank and honest and explain how it happened:

........ He never had to choose because Barcelona NEVER made any official offer to As Roma.

He added that he couldn't say what he would have chosen if Barcelona had made an offer, since they NEVER did.

:messi:

So that means that Zubi was lying when he said that they wanted to sign Marquinhos...

Bertus

Of course we NEVER made a offer because we counted on Puyol.... We really need to get a group together and go protest against :zubi: if he can't get us 2 good/world class CBs.
The thing is, everyone thought PSG was on a bid war with Barcelona over marquinhos back then.

It shocked a lot of people when we all learned that. I posted that news back then here, but i guess many people here didn't read it at the time xD

I liked how Marquinhos was in full honest mode during that long interview. I'm not sure his agent was happy tho.

At the time, it was already clear that Marcos liked barcelona a lot. The journalist tried a lot to make him say that he chose PSG, but he kept saying he didn't have the choice since Barcelona never made any offer despite all the crap that was said in the medias.

Ghostmaster

Danger Ahead
World class players are still an option at this stage, we have 10 weeks or so until the window closes I think, so plenty of time.

And our options are diminishing every passing week. When you think about it, Zubi could have bought some young CB prospects and send them on loan, see how they develop, but he waited like 4 years and now he wants to sign two defenders last minute when City, United and Bayern are also in the market for CBs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans