Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
You can't force someone to join a team. If Denis refuse to join Sevilla then he will be back at Barcelona automatically. Atleast in theory...

There is something called a contract which you're supposed to sign. If Denis Suarez refuse to sign it then there is nothing Sevilla can do.

Alarcón

Not saying why it's called so, but what it is. Remember, we had a buy option on Neymar, but if he refused to come, we wouldn't get him.
We didn't have any option with Neymar, just an agreement that he would come to us or otherwise clubs will have to pay us a fine

Vilarrubi

Great performance by Hummels.. would be a great signing. Higuain would give us a different dimension also, especially for Rakitic's crosses and long balls.

Alarcón

I just supposed they already set the terms of the contract he would then be signing or just extend his current contract/convert it into a permanent Sevilla contract. They don't have to "force" him as he will already have been at Sevilla for 2 years so it's not like, for example, a club paying a player's release clause and forcing him to play for a team he doesn't even know.

Otherwise, the 9m option we have seems pretty redundant to me. I'd get the logic behind it but it would still seem weird; if he's good enough for Barça to pay 9m for him then he wouldn't agree to a move to Sevilla anyway and if he did, he would just cost Barça 3m for nothing. Add to that his supposed insistence on Barça's option and that logic becomes even weirder.

The way I see it, when they negotiated his transfer they also set the terms under which he would play for either of the teams afterwards, so technically, he could be under contract for either of the clubs depending on who pays more.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
I just supposed they already set the terms of the contract he would then be signing or just extend his current contract/convert it into a permanent Sevilla contract. They don't have to "force" him as he will already have been at Sevilla for 2 years so it's not like, for example, a club paying a player's release clause and forcing him to play for a team he doesn't even know.

Otherwise, the 9m option we have seems pretty redundant to me. I'd get the logic behind it but it would still seem weird; if he's good enough for Barça to pay 9m for him then he wouldn't agree to a move to Sevilla anyway and if he did, he would just cost Barça 3m for nothing. Add to that his supposed insistence on Barça's option and that logic becomes even weirder.

The way I see it, when they negotiated his transfer they also set the terms under which he would play for either of the teams afterwards, so technically, he could be under contract for either of the clubs depending on who pays more.

That's not how it works Alarcon. This is a loan deal, he signed nothing with Sevilla as he is still technically a Barca players. He only needed to agree with Barca to be loaned out. Suarez signed a 4 year contract deal with Barca when he joined last year, so he still has 3 years left on his contract, and would still have 1 year left on his contract when his loan ends.

Sevilla might chose to press his buy clause, but Suarez can refuse to sign with them. Barca gives themselves a problem free option to block the buy option, but they can still refuse to use the block option, allow Sevilla to press their buy option, and that would still need an agreement with Suarez who would still technically be a Barcelona player for 1 more year and who would still be in no obligation to accept to sign a new contract to be a Sevilla player.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
We don't know all the details though. You might be right that this could be more complicated than how I think it pans out. It is a dumb deal, there was no need to make it so complicated. Hope in the end it is resolved smoothly.

sabby

We sure have genius lawyers at the club to come up with these complicated deals !! As I understand it, the deal is that Suarez will be on loan for 2 seasons. At the end of the loan period, Sevilla can exercise to buy him permanently for 6m € if Suarez agrees and if Barcelona do not want that they can block the permanent transfer buy activating the 9m € block option i.e. they'd pay Sevilla 9m for blocking Suarez. If Suarez does not agree to play for Sevilla, then he'll just come back and be a contracted player till one more season.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
We sure have genius lawyers at the club to come up with these complicated deals !! As I understand it, the deal is that Suarez will be on loan for 2 seasons. At the end of the loan period, Sevilla can exercise to buy him permanently for 6m € if Suarez agrees and if Barcelona do not want that they can block the permanent transfer buy activating the 9m € block option i.e. they'd pay Sevilla 9m for blocking Suarez. If Suarez does not agree to play for Sevilla, then he'll just come back and be a contracted player till one more season.

And essentially since Suarez has made it known that he wants to triumph at Barca, we are golden.

DonAK

If we want Denis then he will stay at Barcelona after these two years in Sevilla. No need to worry about that.

PaulTaylor

We don't know all the details though. You might be right that this could be more complicated than how I think it pans out. It is a dumb deal, there was no need to make it so complicated. Hope in the end it is resolved smoothly.

Well Rakitic was cheaper than most thought he would be so presumably this is part of the reason for him being cheaper so They have a reason to play Suarez Because they'll get 9 Mil or be able to sign him relatively cheaply. And then if he does progress to his potential Barcelona can get him back for 9 Mil but part of thats saved by getting Rakitic cheaper or he flops and Barcelona have saved money on Rakitic.

ebieymjunior

Yeah, and that buy back option might be for if, let's say Suarez is sold to Sevilla, Barca would be able to get him back the next season as well.

Well Rakitic was cheaper than most thought he would be so presumably this is part of the reason for him being cheaper so They have a reason to play Suarez Because they'll get 9 Mil or be able to sign him relatively cheaply. And then if he does progress to his potential Barcelona can get him back for 9 Mil but part of thats saved by getting Rakitic cheaper or he flops and Barcelona have saved money on Rakitic.

Has it's pros and cons it seems.

DonAK

Aguero said he will stay in Manchester. BVB saying Reus will stay in Dortmund. Time for MD and SPORT to find new "targets" ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans