Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

serghei

Cesc is not a glory hunter IMO. But he has one big problem, he thinks football is all flowers and rainbows, he embraces it's beautiful side, but when hard times come, he just acts like he has no spine or ambition.

Talented, but pretty hard to manage him because he behaves like an amateur, not like a professional (leadership is out of the question).

ryuken

i dont think this incompetent board can get 2 more player let alone 5.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

B

bilal13

Guys who do you think would be the better negotiator : zubi or brick from anchorman

SeloBarca

Everyone likes Brick, so he would get a good price

be ready to end up like Arsenal who chased Suarez all days and switched target too late, resulting in not being able to find a proper striker.

That is what we have been doing every transfer window. Spending the whole transfer window trying to get players we cant get.

Villa..Thiago Silva..

Last edited:

Bertus

Guys who do you think would be the better negotiator : zubi or brick from anchorman
Neither of them in the case of Marquinhos.

Was listening to the french sport radio, and from what they said Nasser is dead set to refuse to negociate.

It's the same as last year. To negociate something you need two parties that agree to sit down and discuss. In Marquinhos' case, Nasser doesn't even want to enter negociations.

Galning made a good summary in the other thread. It's nonsense to say that you will fight all summer if you are all alone battling with yourself.

That is what we have been doing every transfer window. Spending the whole transfer window trying to get players we cant get.

Villa..Thiago Silva..
yet was reading twitter comments about marquinhos, and most Barca fans are insulting PSG as if they were the devils, while what's happening is only barcelona fault.

Abdullah

I'd say we go all out on that Laporte. He is like a long term investment at only 19 with good potential. 42 million and stays for 10 or more years? Id say thats not bad

B

bilal13

Neither of them in the case of Marquinhos.

Was listening to the french sport radio, and from what they said Nasser is dead set to refuse to negociate.

It's the same as last year. To negociate something you need two parties that agree to sit down and discuss. In Marquinhos' case, Nasser doesn't even want to enter negociations.

Galning made a good summary in the other thread. It's nonsense to say that you will fight all summer if you are all alone battling with yourself.

yet was reading twitter comments about marquinhos, and most Barca fans are insulting PSG as if they were the devils, while what's happening is only barcelona fault.

But even brick would realise that there is no point in negotiating any further. This is starting to become more like the thiago silva saga of previous summer. Constantly asking if thiago silva is for sale and before they realise the transfer window was closed. This is starting to become a deja vu

Last edited:
F

Flavia

Didn't you say Cesc should be leaving because he did not fit in? That he was not suitable for our system?

Now you are saying he should have stuck around with us if he had not been a glory hunter??

So everyone, except Cesc (and me :lol:) realized that he did not suit for Barca? He left for the wrong reason?
I'm not mad he left. But at first I thought the board was pushing him out, hence why he only accepted to go to a london club. But it turns out he just wanted out when things got rough. And instead of at least going to the highest bidder, or letting a bid war for him to happen, he asked the club to be nice to him, as they were to villa. The blame is partially in the board too, but Cesc is a spoiled child. Things had to be resolved quickly, so he "could focus in the wc".

I'd say we go all out on that Laporte. He is like a long term investment at only 19 with good potential. 42 million and stays for 10 or more years? Id say thats not bad

in fifa or football manager you are right,

investing 40m in real life for a 19y old is insane.
how will he develop, how will he cope with the pressure, competition, injuries, ...
maybe he's just a one season wonder.

when he is 25 and has proven something, then 40 might be ok.

serghei

in fifa or football manager you are right,

investing 40m in real life for a 19y old is insane.
how will he develop, how will he cope with the pressure, competition, injuries, ...
maybe he's just a one season wonder.

when he is 25 and has proven something, then 40 might be ok.

There is some logic behind that, however, the prices have gone up. If 3-4 years ago 40m was the price for a world class defender, now 35-40m. is the price for a super-talented young player who can become world class in the near-medium future. If you want outstanding quality in the present, you might have to pay more than 40 m. If you won't, some other team -- like the money clubs: PSG, City, even Chelsea and Monaco -- will pay that price, and you're gonna end up empty handed. Now, normaly, I'm not for spending insane amounts of money on one player, but given the predicament we're in atm with our world-famous lack of great defenders, I'm more lenient towards this approach.

Just spend 50m. and get the issue solved, or else we will ruin an entire season just because we refused to pay 10-15 m. over the fair price. We're in no position to be picky, and the other clubs take advantage of that -- as any smart seller would to be fair.

Abdullah

Then which defenders can barca buy ? Mangala ? Is he worth it? Heard a lot about him, but not sure if he is that good ? Plus porto are difficult to negotiate!

Egert

Estonian Culé
Then which defenders can barca buy ? Mangala ? Is he worth it? Heard a lot about him, but not sure if he is that good ? Plus porto are difficult to negotiate!

Mangala is super expensive. But we might have a chance if City buys Benatia instead of Mangala.
I am out of ideas because there are no rumors about other defenders. Only about Mathieu and Mathieu lately.

Bertus

But even brick would realise that there is no point in negotiating any further. This is starting to become more like the thiago silva saga of previous summer. Constantly asking if thiago silva is for sale and before they realise the transfer window was closed. This is starting to become a deja vu
It is a déjà vu, but to be fair, I too was thinking PSG might sell marquinhos. I doubted it because there was no official words from our president nor from our coach while it happened pretty quickly last year about TS.

But now that we got a reply, I have no reaosn to doubt them. I know many people here dislike Nasser for multiple reasons, but among the good qualities he has, he's not a liar. Same for Blanc that i am not fond of. He's an honest person if you read about his career as a player and as a coach.

That said, contrary to Ultras, I don't support only one club. Among the clubs are support and follow, there are Barcelona and Dortmund for example. So it kind of sadden me when i see Barcelona's board being completely retarded, especilly when they start a crusade against a club i know well enough to know that in many cases, they just waste time.

Mangala is super expensive. But we might have a chance if City buys Benatia instead of Mangala.
I am out of ideas because there are no rumors about other defenders. Only about Mathieu and Mathieu lately.

What many people don't understand too is that many clubs dont say No just to inflate the prices, I start to really believe most of them just refuse to sell because the market is fucked up right now:

- You sell for a good price but nothing tells you that you will find a good replacement that will not be overpriced. hell, nothing tells you that will find any good CB at all on sale.

That's the discussion i had on this thread yesterday when somebody said we might sell marquinhos to buy benatia. It doens't make sense financially because of the FFP and no sense given Marquinhos can do the job well enough without having to throw 70M on benatia, and I am starting to think As Roma realize they have NO good solutions to replace Benatia if they sell him.

A lot of clubs that are not in need of money try to be pragmatic. They prefer to keep players instead of getting money that they might not spend well or not spend at all because the market is empty.

Liverpool last year proved that they did the right choice when they entered this war to keep suarez. Let's get realistic, they would never have made the seaosn they did if they sold him. Even if Arsenal paid 50M, there was NO one on the market to replace suarez at that price that could have done the job like suarez did.

Dortmund is one of the best clubs around imo because they think about the team and how to handle the season before thinking about $$$$$.

I am starting to think the 35M we paid for Marquinhos last year will be seen as cheap soon if the Market on CBs continues to get fucked up.

Last edited:

Blaugrana Bull

HiiiPoWeR
What do you guys think about Dedé?
He could be a good signing for us. He has great potential and already proved he is a reliable CB. I think it would make more sense buying someone like him than spending 40+ mil. for someone who is not the first choice.
Benatia for such a price would be ok but Laporte or Marquinhos... meh.

I am surprised he was never linked to us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans