Status
Not open for further replies.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
We'd be left without a keeper?

Messi is the keeper, of course.

64981.jpg

jamrock

The funny thing is when this team was at its peak in the Guardiola era, they indeed kept a 3 man back when the team was in attack. The versatility and defensive prowess of Abidal and Puyol, allowed the team to keep a three man backline on attack consisting of Abidal-Pique-Puyol, which allowed Alves to go forward undisturbed and had Busquets dropping back slotting into the CB spot to allow Puyol to cover Alves' back.

The above formation is purely an idea and just an alternative formation to keep in your pocket, the ideal thing is for the team to keep the 4-3-3 formation and just reinforced the squad in a bunch of different positions to get back to the way it was.

which meant we always had four at the back covering the counter, which is something I touched on in the pep trend, but anything with three with at the back covering which is what we have played for a few years now, and is what is still suggested in all the formations above, its going to get killed.

fcbdna

Banned
Messi is the keeper, of course.

64981.jpg

I think he is playing CB already. LOL!
But on a serious note what if we reverse that formation and play everyone in the right position. So its a 3 man defense and Messi-Neymar attack and a very compact midfield? Looks good. . . On paper that is.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
So I guess this is the reason why it has not been announced already.

Ter Stegen (Monchengladbach): "I can decide the timing of the announcement of my new club and I will do it after the season." [via kicker]

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
which meant we always had four at the back covering the counter, which is something I touched on in the pep trend, but anything with three with at the back covering which is what we have played for a few years now, and is what is still suggested in all the formations above, its going to get killed.

The team had 3 at the back with Busquets slotting in the CB spot for cover, just like it would happen in the suggested 3 CBs formation. Right now though, the team gets caught with attacking fullbacks up the pitch and Busquets in poor position to support due to his increased necessity in midfield caused by the deterioration of the midfield these past few years. The two CBs are getting stretched like spandex. This is a problem.

The team needs to return to a balance backline which has one offensive fullback and one defensive one. They also need a lot more contribution and impact out of the CM position to allow Busquets to concentrate on his true sweeper duties and support the defense in the counter.

Barcilliant

Dutch website (source el mundo deportivo) claims that Juan Camilo Zuñiga has a special Barca clause in his Napoli contract.
Barca can buy him for 15 mil whilst other clubs have to pay 30 mil.

Zuniga is not even Barca material. Maybe decent bench player for us but nothing more.

Barcilliant

So I guess this is the reason why it has not been announced already.

Ter Stegen (Monchengladbach): "I can decide the timing of the announcement of my new club and I will do it after the season." [via kicker]

Yeah, I think the Courtois rumours are bullshit. It would be funny though if Ter Stegen went to AM and we got Courtois.

KING XAVI

My ideal formation
Neymar muller messi
Iniesta. kroos
busi
Doria. Laporte. Pique\benatia. Cuadrado
TS....
CUADRADO CAN MAKE THE OVERLAPPING RUNS,Messi can play as the playmaker,muller can go into a wide position or an attacking mid position,.....he is a dynamic forward with a superb workrate,he can play as a target man,thrives on crosses,superb finisher,...and i don't think there is a better option.doria is a centrehalf who can play left back,he can be our abidal....he could be able to provide us cover,and we will have 5 players who are over 6'2".in the team including mats,and Muller who is 6'1",........we need height....enough with these small players......alexis out,alves out,masch kept,song out,afellay out,fabregas out,......maybe,mathieu in for cover....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans