Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

JamDav1982

Maybe not all that obscure, but also the result of good scouting. Players like Keita, Sylvinho, etc. It might be a different era, but such deals are still possible. Atletico's and Roma's dealings over the last few years are evident of that.

Those same scouts/managers/staff that identified those players also bought a lot of duds. That is the risk and the last thing Barca need to do just now is take a big risk on a CB.

The last three CBs they tried that with cost the club about 50m and barely double figures appearances between them.

Ini8

¡Gr?*cies Xavi!
Those same scouts/managers/staff that identified those players also bought a lot of duds. That is the risk and the last thing Barca need to do just now is take a big risk on a CB.

The last three CBs they tried that with cost the club about 50m and barely double figures appearances between them.

There are risks in every buy, no matter what the position. Keirrison, Ibra, Hleb and Song are good examples of that. Now the thing is that there are no available top class CBs and for some reason, the board is stubborn about Marquinhos. He is not even worth the time, yet we still waste it on him.

Granted, we haven't had the best of luck with CBs, but that doesn't mean we should stop trying. We've hit jackpot before. Besides, we need to buy another one, since we can't do shit next summer. Personally, I'd much rather take a chance with a relatively unknown CB who our scouts recommended than the likes of Vermaelen or Agger.

JamDav1982

There are risks in every buy, no matter what the position. Keirrison, Ibra, Hleb and Song are good examples of that. Now the thing is that there are no available top class CBs and for some reason, the board is stubborn about Marquinhos. He is not even worth the time, yet we still waste it on him.

Granted, we haven't had the best of luck with CBs, but that doesn't mean we should stop trying. We've hit jackpot before. Besides, we need to buy another one, since we can't do shit next summer. Personally, I'd much rather take a chance with a relatively unknown CB who our scouts recommended than the likes of Vermaelen or Agger.

Who is saying they should stop trying? I dont even think that looks likey, it seems if they dont get Marquinhos they will go for the likes of Agger/Vermaelen.

While signing either of those two is not ideal it is a far better thing to do than take a risk on some relatively untested or unknown player. That has been tried to often and is too big a risk to take just now when might be two years before can sign another player.

Ini8

¡Gr?*cies Xavi!
Who is saying they should stop trying? I dont even think that looks likey, it seems if they dont get Marquinhos they will go for the likes of Agger/Vermaelen.

While signing either of those two is not ideal it is a far better thing to do than take a risk on some relatively untested or unknown player. That has been tried to often and is too big a risk to take just now when might be two years before can sign another player.

Both players seem like a risk to me, especially when you consider their injury proneness. Also, it says a lot about Agger when he can't even get a starting spot ahead of Skrtel. Maybe it's just me, but I personally would rather gamble on a talented, unknown player than go for the aforementioned players. I would've accepted Vertonghen though, but even he seems unrealistic.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
This is too funny :lol:

According to SPORT, Cuadrado have asked us for more money and is threatening us that he will join Man Utd otherwise, also that Fiorentina would be happy with 35m + incentives for him.

BuJrMchIYAAXlKH.jpg:large

JamDav1982

One year. The ban, if it happens, is for 2 windows. Jan/15 and Jun/15.

Effectively the ban after this summer will mean no player could be bought for the next 16 months but it is unlikely they would be doing any big deals untill the summer of 2016.

icemanbrfc

Villarreal CF boss Marcelino admits Mateo Musacchio is on his way to Tottenham Hotspur ... what the f**k :angry:

Remember they said its difficult to find good defenders :zubi: Musacchio is a pretty good defender, so unless they bring in a quality CB, it will be very strange indeed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans