Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jombi

Agree with 1st two player but IIRC Yaya was always a CB/DM b4 he joined us .he wasn't used in much advanced role until he joined City

Not true. He was an attacking mid or box to box midfielder in Ukraine and France. He was converted to a DM as soon as he joined us.

SeloBarca

Going to DM is easier.
As a CM in Barcelona you need playmaking, passing and split vision skills.

Iniesta, Rafinha and Rakitic are all more or less attacking midfielders, and playing with 2 of them doesnt work in our system, which has been extremly noticable this year and somewhat last.
Messi is now more or less our CM, playing in Xavis position and is almost never on his RW position just becouse noone is capable of distributing the balls except him.
Were kinda playing with 10 men.

I just dont get it, its a position we need to strenghten 10x as much as the other positions, and theres a player that has said he actually would like to play with us that would fit us perfectly.
Like..what the heck is the board doing.

Cule4life

The Culest
Going to DM is easier.
As a CM in Barcelona you need playmaking, passing and split vision skills.

Iniesta, Rafinha and Rakitic are all more or less attacking midfielders, and playing with 2 of them doesnt work in our system, which has been extremly noticable this year and somewhat last.
Messi is now more or less our CM, playing in Xavis position and is almost never on his RW position just becouse noone is capable of distributing the balls except him.
Were kinda playing with 10 men.

I just dont get it, its a position we need to strenghten 10x as much as the other positions, and theres a player that has said he actually would like to play with us that would fit us perfectly.
Like..what the heck is the board doing.

They want to sign big names like pogba. We are turning into real Madrid and their galacticos.

If gundogan comes to Barca I will be so happy that I'll do whatever the forum asks of me. :lucho:

F

Flavia

They want to sign big names like pogba. We are turning into real Madrid and their galacticos.

If gundogan comes to Barca I will be so happy that I'll do whatever the forum asks of me. :lucho:
Permanently change your username to sissy girl? :p

Barcafan 2304

Agree with cule4life. This board seems to go for galactico types rather than necessarily what is the best fit. We could get either gundogan or verratti cheaper than pogba and they would 'fit' our side better. I don't want us to go down this road and become akin to Madrid, intent on flexing financial muscle when the opportunity arises

khaled_a_d

Agree with cule4life. This board seems to go for galactico types rather than necessarily what is the best fit. We could get either gundogan or verratti cheaper than pogba and they would 'fit' our side better. I don't want us to go down this road and become akin to Madrid, intent on flexing financial muscle when the opportunity arises

Our last "Galactico" signings were :Arda,Suarez,Neymar
All 3 were pretty much needed .2 already proved doubters wrong and the 3rd was asked directly by the coach
Just because some rumors says we are following Pogba and people doesn't want him doesn't mean we are turning into Galactico
1-we could actually not sign him in the end
2-Lucho could actually be the one who see him as gr8 fit for the team and Pogba became gr8 success if he signs

serghei

They do that to please the public, that's my guess. Let's be honest, the public loves galactico transfers. That and the very low risk rate, because a galactico transfer means players of extremely high quality in most cases. I have nothing against galactico transfers as long as the players are young or just insanely good (Suarez type). You pay 100m for a player who will be a key part in your team for 6+ years, and over years you will arrive at the conclusion that the price was well worth it. The same with genius-players, you pay 100m for a player that instantly makes your team better. Suarez took time to develop at Liverpool, so when we bought him, we didn't just bought the player, but also bought the time and patience which Liverpool invested in him. We just payed Liverpool for bringing Suarez from prospect, to certified world class player.

Last edited:

JamDav1982

How many 'Galactico' signings has there been since 2010?

Before that Villa and previously Ibrahimovic were signed by previous board who were desperate to sign Pogba if they came back.

Barca have ALWAYS spent big money on individual players but it slowed down a bit when the once in a lifetime generation of La Masia players peaked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans