Bayern München

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Bin85LGIYAAmgo9.jpg:large

suckabov

Lemon curry?
Barca and R.Madrid have been sucking other la liga clubs for decades of players and tv money so much that many of them are dropping like flies so you really sound like a kettle calling the pot black :p

We have gone into this millions of times on here it feels, but if you go into the history of your club and UH's reign especially you will find that Bayern is hardly comparable to FCB and RM at least on the "raiding for players" front. Not in terms of extent, consistency, intent (cf. Schlaudraff), systematic scheme and targeting.

AfricanBavarian

We have gone into this millions of times on here it feels, but if you go into the history of your club and UH's reign especially you will find that Bayern is hardly comparable to FCB and RM at least on the "raiding for players" front. Not in terms of extent, consistency, intent (cf. Schlaudraff), systematic scheme and targeting.

Lol you remind me of a famous quote:

"I may be no better, but at least I am different."

- Jean-Jacques Rousseau

Die Bayern

Serious, what kind of volkisch humour is this? I never adressed you in the first place and Its interesting that a Bayern fan comes to a Barca site and tell the Barca fans to piss off. Jeez, go ruin Bundesliga or something.

Damn, you must really hate our club if you fail to see a joke when it's in front of you! :p

I'm sorry, I didn't know it's not allowed for a Bayern fan to be on a Barca board. Here I was thinking we can all get along... :(

suckabov

Lemon curry?
UH resigns:

After discussing the matter with my family I have decided to accept the judgment passed by Munich District Court (Landgericht) II regarding my tax affairs. I have instructed my legal representatives not to appeal the verdict. This corresponds to my understanding of integrity, decorum and personal responsibility. Evading tax was the biggest mistake of my life. I accept the consequences of this mistake.

Furthermore I hereby resign the offices of president of FC Bayern München e.V. and chairman of the FC Bayern München AG supervisory board with immediate effect. By doing so I wish to avert further damage to my club. FC Bayern München is my life’s work and will always remain so. I will continue to be associated with this magnificent club and its people in other ways for as long as I live.

I wish to thank from the heart my personal friends and all followers of FC Bayern München for your support.
Uli Hoeneß

Last edited:
V

voodoomaster

Damn, you must really hate our club if you fail to see a joke when it's in front of you! :p

I'm sorry, I didn't know it's not allowed for a Bayern fan to be on a Barca board. Here I was thinking we can all get along... :(

You make it easy for yourself with a strawman, I never sad that you couldnt come, only that Its a bit strange that you go to a Barca forum and tell the Barca fans to piss of when they havent Even adressed you. And yeah, of course I hate my club, that gives perfect sense, dosent it.

R

Ryu Hayabusa

What is this? Are you a Bayern supporter or something? Why dont you rather use your time debating which dortmund player to steal next.

Maybe you want to rethink your choice of words and your charge against Bayern as a whole.
Fratzke put that clause into Götze's contract and getting 37 mio. is not exactly "stealing" either. Also you need the player's consent. If somebody wants to be "stolen", is it really stealing, especially if you have done nothing wrong in terms of law?
Lewandowski's contract comes to an end and as every regular employee, he's free to choose who he works for. In how far does that equate the term "stealing"?

Also tell me, how many former Dortmund players do you know of besides the two mentioned above who went to Bayern?
Oh, and don't bother to bring up Frings, cause that transfer was solely for the purpose of keeping BVB afloat money-wise, which was indirectly admitted a couple of years ago by Hoeneß. Frings wasn't needed at Bayern, the transfer fee Bayern payed for him was much overvalued at that time.

Last edited:
R

Ryu Hayabusa

There is no need to hate messi and Barca neither. Bayern is a Nice place by the way,they have good milk and beer. Too sad they are ruining Bundesliga with their Madrid like spending policy.

LoL. Seriously, even in your hate you may want to re-think what you are spouting out.
To compare Bayern's spending policy in the past 15 years with that of Real Madrid, is as ridiculous as it gets.

Last edited:

serghei

Bayern is a serious club IMO. I have no beef with them, I even loved some of their players like Effenberg, Scholl, Janker or Basler. Unlucky not to have won a couple more Champions Leagues along the way.

Maria

Neither Messi nor Barca has been convicted of tax fraud. In the case of the former, he was completely cleared. After all, how can you expect a young (19-20 years old at the time I believe) and aloof boy like Messi who knew nothing other than football to know anything about taxes, let alone deliberately, knowingly orchestrating schemes to evade taxes? Worst case scenario he can only be accused of being negligent. In the case of the latter in the context of the Neymar transfer, the investigation is still on-going but so far they have not found anything illegal done by Barca.

Hoeness on the other hand, deliberately and knowingly evaded taxes in such a big magnitude and he had the nerve to be so hypocritical about it before he got the winds of being caught. That's what's so sickening about him.

We have our own former president that has been sentenced to 6 years of jail though..the only difference between him and Hoeness is that the latter would have probably served his sentence before the former would have spent even a day in jail.

LoL. Seriously, even in your hate you may want to re-think what you are spouting out.
To compare Bayern's spending policy in the past 15 years with that of Real Madrid, is as ridiculous as it gets.

Yeah, I have a feeling that you're closer to Barca's spending policy than to that of RM.

Last edited:
V

voodoomaster

I havent mentioned any time frame, but I think Bayern these days are systematically buying the main opponents best players. Of course greedy players want to go when Bayern is tempting with their money. This policy is one of the reasons that Bayern are disliked in germany, except in the conservative south. Hate? Well, I understand this is some kind of battle for you, defending your team and so on, but I dont hate Bayern to make that clear. Actually I like them, mostly because I like germany in general, if they played against english, Italias, french or most spanish club, I would probably support them. But I fail to see how they contribute to make Bundesliga very exiting.

R

Ryu Hayabusa

I havent mentioned any time frame, but I think Bayern these days are systematically buying the main opponents best players. Of course greedy players want to go when Bayern is tempting with their money. This policy is one of the reasons that Bayern are disliked in germany, except in the conservative south. Hate? Well, I understand this is some kind of battle for you, defending your team and so on, but I dont hate Bayern to make that clear. Actually I like them, mostly because I like germany in general, if they played against english, Italias, french or most spanish club, I would probably support them. But I fail to see how they contribute to make Bundesliga very exiting.

1) In the years before the aforementioned 15, it was even less like that of Real. Real buy big names for shitloads of money, without knowing how to properly fit them into the squad and how to forge an excellent team. Bayern has never done that. As was mentioned before, Barca's spending policy, with a few exceptions, is much more similar.
2) "these days". State a few examples please. The only player they have "bought" in "these days" who belonged to their direct competition, is Götze. And how can you tell whether the sole purpose was to weaken the opponent or to satisfy Pep's wishes (he wished for Neymar or someone slimilar) and improving the own team? Given Götze's large amounts of pitch time, it seems your claim doesn't really hold much water.
3) Disliked in Germany and liked only in the South??? Bayern is the biggest AND most beloved club in Germany by far, has the most members by far. No other German club is even close to being as trans-regional as Bayern is. They have large numbers of fans in the north, especially Berlin.

suckabov

Lemon curry?
1) In terms of spending policy, I agree, it is ridiculous to compare Bayern with Real. Bayern's most expensive transfer to date has been Martinez for 40m; and they'd never brainlessly spend incredible sums the way Real do.

2) What some people here refer to when talking about weakening competition does have some truth in it. I'll quote DennyCrane:

1. Bayern have a rampant history of systematically weakening league opponents: Some examples to put things into perspective:

- Calle de Haye and Lothar Matthäus from Borussia Mönchengladbach in the eighties, weakening the only real rival in the league.

- Mid-eighties: Nürnberg becomes a serious contender: Bayern sign Hans Dorfner, Stefan Reuter, Roland Grahammer and Manfred Schwabl, effectively banishing Nürnberg to mid table again.

- 1989: Köln become a serious competitor: Bayern buy their by far best and most important player Jürgen Kohler.

- 90s: KSC becomes a serious contender: Bayern sign over the course of a few years Michael Sternkopf, Oliver Kreuzer, Mehmet Scholl, Oliver Kahn, Thorsten Fink and Michael Tarnat. In 1998, KSC goes to second division

- 1991: Kaiserslautern wins the league: Bayern buy Bruno Labbadia. Two years later, they buy Marcel Witeczeck and Ciriaco Sforza. 1994, Kaiserslautern go to second division

- 1995: Bremen become a serious competitor: Bayern buy Andreas Herzog and sign Rehhagel, one year later they buy Basler too. And the Bremen-case repeats here: 2005 they buy Ismael, two years later Klose, 2008 they buy Borowski. They even signed Jan Schlaudraff just so that Bremen can't get him.

- Stuttgart case: Bayern destroy the 'magic triangle' by signing Giovane Elber.

- Around the turn of the millenium, Leverkusen becomes a strong opponent: 2001 Bayern sign Kovac, 2002 it's Ballack and Ze Roberto, Lucio in 2004.

I'll stop here and believe me, this list goes on and on and on. Trying to relativize that with the Reus-transfer is inappropriate. And fyi, Dortmund signed players from Bundesliga teams too - but not to systematically drive them out of competition, unlike Bayern, who have a recurring scheme here. Götze and probably Lewa are a part of this scheme.

To add to that, Hoeneß and Hitzfeld both admitted that Bayern had the intent to weaken direct rivals - in the past that is while nowadays "it can only be a minor issue" (Hoeneß). (Hitzfeld however agrees with Watzke and said that there's also a clear system behind the signings of Götze and Lewa, so the jury is still out.)

@Ryu: I however agree with you that "these days" there aren't many examples anymore - not yet at least. Götze I think is a special case; if a talent like him is available and willing to join, I don't think any club would hesitate to buy him. Plus Bayern can't be blamed for the relatively low fee (considering his potential); Dortmund should have set a higher b/o clause to avoid that. Wrt Lewandowski, I'm undecided so I won't go into it. (But we will see how the Dortmund story goes on. Are the Gündogan rumours true? Are the Reus rumours true? We will see - and even if you can come up with arguments as to why you'd need those players and why it would make sense to buy them, it would still be a huge image blow for you if you get 4 of BVB's most important players over the course of 3-4 years. But let's see what happens, I don't see either of them joining you).

3) @Maria - Of course Núñez isn't any better than Hoeneß. But most people don't look at this rationally or even from a FCB/club-related football perspective, but emotionally, and for people in Germany it is rather hard to take to see someone who is one of the most influential people in the country and who has made a habit of publicly discussing tax matters/the social system/politics, criticising other people for their "double standards" AND presenting himself as the voice of justice become a victim of his own double standards. Thus the disappointment is on a personal level and feels like a slap in the face for many. Has not much to do with club-related schadenfreude, at least not for the majority.

4) @Ryu - most beloved club in Germany, well, it certainly doesn't feel like it if you consider how Bayern hatred is certainly some sort of tradition in many parts of Germany. I think that is what he meant.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans