Bayern München

Maria

@Ryu: I however agree with you that "these days" there aren't many examples anymore - not yet. Götze I think is a special case; if a talent like him is available and willing to join, I don't think any club would have hesitated. Wrt Lewandowski, I'm undecided. (And we will see how the Dortmund story goes on. Are the Gündogan rumours true? Are the Reus rumours true? We will see - and even if you can come up with arguments as to why you'd need those players and why it would make sense to buy them, it would still be a huge image blow for you if you get 4 of BVB's 4 most important players. But let's see what happens, I don't see either of them joining you).

For me it makes more sense the acquisition of Lewandowski than that of Götze..Lewandowsi is clearly an upgrade to Mandzukic and he will probably be Pep's Eto'o. Meanwhile Götze is not on upgrade to Ribery on the LW, to Robben on the RW or to Kroos in midfield. Sure he's still young and he's very talented, but I get the sense that he was only bought because they wanted Germany's golden boy to play for Bayern.

V

voodoomaster

1. I said these days. But yes, i dont think anyone use as much as shitty Madrid.
2. Goetze and lewandowski. Watzke said you were doing it with purpose and destroying Bundesliga, didnt he.
3. Refering mainly to my own talks with germans, but if you Google it you Will find loads of info. Dont know if Its right, popularity in the world is understandable due to media and performance.

R

Ryu Hayabusa

4) @Ryu - most beloved club in Germany, well, it certainly doesn't feel like it if you consider how Bayern hatred is certainly some sort of tradition in many parts of Germany. I think that is what he meant.

I actually forgot to add "but of course, they are also the most hated club at the same time". :D
Yeah, where there is a lot of adoration (of course that is connected to Bayern's success, especially internationally, in many regions), there most often will also be a lot of envy and thus outright hate.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Disliked in Germany and liked only in the South??? Bayern is the biggest AND most beloved club in Germany by far, has the most members by far. No other German club is even close to being as trans-regional as Bayern is. They have large numbers of fans in the north, especially Berlin.

Ryu, are you sure about this? I remember reading something saying Bayern is among some of the LEAST liked clubs among the Germans, with St. Pauli being the second most favorable club and I forgot which one was the most favorable club.

R

Ryu Hayabusa

2. Goetze and lewandowski. Watzke said you were doing it with purpose and destroying Bundesliga, didnt he.

And that MAKES IT SO? :D
Fratzke has always been a coocoo. That guy is not capable of rational and objective thought, while he revels in all the face-time he's getting for the past 3-4 years. He is completely full of himself and what "he" has accomplished with "his" BVB while at the same time furthering his and his club's Robin Hood reputation. Also there is conspiracy behind every corner, everyone out to get back at him and his club.

Last edited:
R

Ryu Hayabusa

Ryu, are you sure about this? I remember reading something saying Bayern is among some of the LEAST liked clubs among the Germans, with St. Pauli being the second most favorable club and I forgot which one was the most favorable club.

You can hardly compare Bayern with St. Pauli. ;)
And no, they are not among the least liked clubs, they are THE least liked club in terms of accumulating unspeakable amounts of envy and contempt.
But as I said, at the same time they are also the most "loved" club.

Just compare the number of club members... that should give you an idea:
FC Bayern München 223.985
FC Schalke 04 120.000
Borussia Dortmund 97.198

Last edited:

Maria

RM and Barca are the most loved and hated teams in Spain..so these things are not mutually exclusive.

suckabov

Lemon curry?
I like Watzke. :shrug: (And I can safely say that this is not because he's appealing to my basic human instincts, Mr. Sammer)

You can hardly compare Bayern with St. Pauli. ;)
And no, they are not among the least liked clubs, they are THE least liked club in terms of accumulating unspeakable amounts of envy and contempt.
But as I said, at the same time they are also the most "loved" club.

Just compare the number of club members... that should give you an idea:
FC Bayern München 223.985
FC Schalke 04 120.000
Borussia Dortmund 97.198

You could argue though that Bayern is the club that is the most disliked/hated among supporters of other clubs. I think if we ask supporters of all BuLi clubs which others clubs they like/dislike, St Pauli would be one of the most liked clubs while Bayern would be the most hated one. Of course there aren't any numbers to back this up but I state it anyway :cool:

Not really sure why we are discussing that though.

Anyway, kudos to Uli for accepting the verdict and resigning. Wouldn't have expected that of him; I'm pleasantly surprised.

Last edited:
V

voodoomaster

And that MAKES IT SO? :D
Fratzke has always been a coocoo. That guy is not capable of rational and objective thought, while he revels in all the face-time he's getting for the past 3-4 years. He is completely full of himself and what "he" has accomplished with "his" BVB while at the same time furthering his and his club's Robin Hood reputation. Also there is conspiracy behind every corner, everyone out to get back at him and his club.

No, but it is a possibility. It isnt a bad strategy to buy your hardest opponents best players.

R

Ryu Hayabusa

Anyway, kudos to Uli for accepting the verdict and resigning. Wouldn't have expected that of him; I'm pleasantly surprised.

He even ha a girl bring sausages and "Semmeln" for the waiting reporters near his mansion ;)
The girl also said in his stead "don't worry, there are no hidden grenades". ;)

serghei

Bayern is the biggest team in Germany. It's normal to buy the best players available on their domestic market, if the other teams do not afford to keep them. They are clever, because they simultaneously strenghten their own squad and weaken the opponents.

SEvolution

1962719_823914580956676_1947610596_n.jpg

Home of Barca Fans