Bayern München

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
They'll probably offload Torres, Demba Ba and Eto'o leaving as well. Might even sell Lukaku. That way they'll have Mandzukic and Costa as their only strikers who will rotate between themselves unless Mou decides to turn a new leaf and change his defensive tactics to fit in both in the lineup.

Or...... Costa might not come after all, leaving them going after Mandzukic now.

If Barca can get Torres on the cheap, he'd be an excellent rotational player as a pure striker type. He's still very capable.

Die Bayern

So instead of strengthening our defence, we are worsening it by getting Luiz? Pep has really been sent by Barcelona to ruin the team from within, hasn't he? :D

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
So instead of strengthening our defence, we are worsening it by getting Luiz? Pep has really been sent by Barcelona to ruin the team from within, hasn't he? :D

Pep inside his head right now: Die Bayern! Die!

That never gets old :p :lol:

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire

As does this. ;)

Sg9x2mi.gif

zanela

Considering both Costa and Mou share the same rep, and the former fits the profile of a Mou striker to the T, I would say Costa to Chelsea is a lock. A team competing at all levels need two strikers without much drop in quality. Hence, Mandžukić. Both will thrive under Mou, and get enough games given there are more games played in PL, and Mou's style of play suit both. Neither as talented as the Ivorian, but they'll do a job. I reckon Lukaku will keep getting loaned under Mou's Chelsea tenure, as he's no fan, or just move him on if they receive a substantial offer.

From a Barca point of view, as long as D.Luiz doesn't figure in our list of options, I don't care who ends up where. As for Torres, he's on a decline. He needs a team that can make him their regular striker, so he can slowly work himself back. He has failed to make any mark as a sub this season, with all his goals coming as a starter. He won't work in a rotational set-up. And he's on perverse wages to be an option for a back-up player. Chelsea are finding it hard to find a suitor for the precise reason. Torres to Barca is neither a sportingly wise or economically viable transaction.

Die Bayern

I'm hurting here! Until this rumour is put to bed I won't be able to sleep properly. If it were to happen, I have no idea what I'm going to do, he is a disaster waiting to happen in our system.

Why won't you buy him? Why?? :(

MVBarcaFan

Pep's a weird guy. He doesn't like normal strikers. Chased Eto'o and Ibra out of the Nou Camp, Villa saw his decline under Pep, and now Mandzukic is being shown the door. What is Lewandowski thinking going over to Bayern besides the pay raise?

Home of Barca Fans