Bayern München

bluestar

New Bayern home kit

10342445_898452976838061_2396131599337850453_n.jpg

R

Ryu Hayabusa

Combined with the red shorts, this really goes beyond anything the word "fugly" would express.

suckabov

Lemon curry?
Barca who? These are classic Bayern colors
yjebanar.jpg

Since 1906, the "classic" Bayern colours are red and white; before that they had been white and blue. Those colours are what most people and the club itself associate with FC Bayern, and this is why Bayern fans are called "die Roten" (the reds) whereas 1860 fans are called "die Blauen" (the blues).

The red and blue stripes were used as first kit colours during three spells: 1908-12, 1968/69 and 1995-1997. Additionally they were used as (one of three different) second shirt colours in 1969-72. Means they are part of Bayern's history, but those shirts were the odd ones out.

So I don't think the stripe combination that was used during three short spells in 114 years can be called "classic"... That Bayern reintroduce that shirt now after 17 years, just when they have a blaugrana coach and have been considered as taking over from Barça as the best team in the world does seems a bit ironic.

The Bavarian press had headlines like "unusual colours" btw.

That said, I don't mind it, those shades don't look like the Barça ones, so it doesn't remind me too much of the blaugrana shirt.

Last edited:
L

linetty

Watching them currently (vs Stuttgart) and I have to say the new kit has reached new level of awfulness, just ridiculous

Kohe321

Wow, for once I'm watching a Bayern game in the BL, and they are managing to play even more stale possession football than what we have done in some of our worst games this season. I guess it has something to do with not having anything to play for anymore, but still... Not exactly exciting attacking tiki-taka so far to say the least. Surprising to see a team managed by Pep play this uninspired.

What is weird is that this slow and stale passing was already pretty evident in the CL-knockout games against Real and ManU. Games where they obviously had a lot to play for. Has Pep "lost the team", or have they played like this the entire season even before the BL-title was secured? Because even in the CL-games against Real they looked more slow and toothless than in any game I can remember from Barca under Pep...

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans