Bayern München

Icarium

Lifestealer
I don't expect any complacency from them, pep will be more motivated this time considering the opposition is barca. Same for luho, both teams will give 100%.

alittlebitter

bayern winning the league early with matches to spare is not even news anymore. that extra "rest" last year didn't exactly help them against madrid.

JamDav1982

Bayern didnt lost last year to Real due to complacency they were just out done tactically by Real on the counter.

There may be an argument for saying Bayern have had less good teams to test their tactics in which could be a weakness but they will be fully motivated.

serghei

I really think we have the better team. Even Iniesta seems to get back to maestro status. Busquets is amazing this season, the defence is looking good, and the front trio is clearly the best in the world. If Bayern had any other manager instead of Pep, I'd say we are strong favourites.

FC B

I don't expect any complacency from them, pep will be more motivated this time considering the opposition is barca. Same for luho, both teams will give 100%.

The bad thing is Barca has to fight for La Liga and cannot afford to rest players or to relax internally while Bayern will came as champions that obviously can and will rest their players. Still they have to face Bayer and BVB till the first leg against Barca which are pretty serious games for them.

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi
Bayern fans complaining about having to field a good 11 against BVB in the cup ONE WEEK prior to the barça game ! Life is so hard on poor Bayern.. something needs to be done so the bundesliga is won by October next season!

serghei

The bad thing is Barca has to fight for La Liga and cannot afford to rest players or to relax internally while Bayern will came as champions that obviously can and will rest their players. Still they have to face Bayer and BVB till the first leg against Barca.

Yea, but playing Cordoba, a relegated team, and Sociedad, the team with the worst away record in La Liga, means we can focus on the Bayern game and still win those games fairly comfortable.

JamDav1982

The bad thing is Barca has to fight for La Liga and cannot afford to rest players or to relax internally while Bayern will came as champions that obviously can and will rest their players. Still they have to face Bayer and BVB till the first leg against Barca which are pretty serious games for them.

Barca will rest players.

No chance Lucho will stick to the strongest starting eleven.

He might stick largely to front three but they will barely press if Barca go into any kind of decent lead and will just say up park waiting for break.

FC B

Bayern didnt lost last year to Real due to complacency they were just out done tactically by Real on the counter.

There may be an argument for saying Bayern have had less good teams to test their tactics in which could be a weakness but they will be fully motivated.

Last year after winning Bundesliga reportedly players asked Pep to train lesser and less intense and Pep accepted and later regreted because they could never have the same intensity they had while they were at full throttle.

FC B

Yea, but playing Cordoba, a relegated team, and Sociedad, the team with the worst away record in La Liga, means we can focus on the Bayern game and still win those games fairly comfortable.

I hope so but I'm not convinced Lucho will take the risk of resting a series a key players in those games even though they look on paper less difficult than others.
Barca will rest players.

No chance Lucho will stick to the strongest starting eleven.

He might stick largely to front three but they will barely press if Barca go into any kind of decent lead and will just say up park waiting for break.

I hope so and I'm very curious to see what will Lucho decide on this matter and how it will affect the teams fitness and performance.

Last edited:

JamDav1982

Last year after winning Bundesliga reportedly players asked Pep to train lesser and less intense and Pep accepted and later regreted because they could never have the same intensity they had while they were at full throttle.

I doubt its true that Pep gets dictated to by players but even then not training properly is different from not being motivated.

Bayern won the league by almost 30 points the previous season and still beat Barca 7-0 at same stage.

R

Ryu Hayabusa

I really think we have the better team. Even Iniesta seems to get back to maestro status. Busquets is amazing this season, the defence is looking good, and the front trio is clearly the best in the world. If Bayern had any other manager instead of Pep, I'd say we are strong favourites.

Better team? Versus the currently decimated Bayern team, Barca need to be considered slight favorites, yes. If Bayern were at 100%? :)

Icarium

Lifestealer
Bayern has the better squad that is for sure, even when if both have full squads it is really hard to say who is the better team. Bayern have better goalie, defense (might not be the case if lahm plays in midfield) and maybe midfield too but barca do have MSN. Robben, ribery, lewa and muller are very good but still not as good as MSN.

serghei

Better team? Versus the currently decimated Bayern team, Barca need to be considered slight favorites, yes. If Bayern were at 100%? :)

It's closer, bust still Barca has the edge because of the superior front three. Personally, I'd take Neuer, Javi Martinez and Boateng from that Bayern team. You could make a case for Alaba, but Alba is around the same level. Alaba, Marcelo and Alba are the best LBs. Lahm has declined, much like Alves. Around the same age as well. Of course, Robben, Ribbery and Lewandowski are great players, but Neymar, Suarez, Messi is something else.

Home of Barca Fans