Bayern München

JamDav1982

Don't know how good Alba has been this season, but Rodriguez has been ace, especially this season. Fantastic left foot, good link up play, great work rate, thunderous shot, dangerous going forward, and defensively sound. A very complete fullback. Together with Bernat, the best left back in the league by a country mile. Won't be long before he will join a European giant, though

Do you not watch Barca?

Alen

Don't know how good Alba has been this season, but Rodriguez has been ace, especially this season. Fantastic left foot, good link up play, great work rate, thunderous shot, dangerous going forward, and defensively sound. A very complete fullback. Together with Bernat, the best left back in the league by a country mile. Won't be long before he will join a European giant, though

Would he bench any of Alba, Marcelo or Alaba?

nnao

Basically, even Bayern's 5th LB is better than Alba, and that's just a FACT ! :tea:

Bernat is Bayern's #1 choice LB this season with Alaba moving more permanently into the midfield. Even with a healthy Ribery and Alaba, Bernat had a place in the starting line-up. Your comment is an example of false equivalence.

JamDav1982

Alaba and Marcelo have been better than Alba this season for me but Alba improved a lot recently.

It seems to be a tactic to play him higher up pitch for those high dinked Messi passes with Neymar now closer to Suarez.

Patricho

I do believe he is a Bayern fan.

Correct. Edited my profile. ;)

Would he bench any of Alba, Marcelo or Alaba?

Like I've said, I haven't watched too much of Alba this season, except for the odd CL game. The same with Marcelo. From what I've read Marcelo has been class this season. Alaba hasn't played left back this season, but no he wouldn't bench Alaba as left back. Would be very close with Bernat, though. Bernat is probably better in Pep's system, as his passing ability is immaculate.

Alen

Like I've said, I haven't watched too much of Alba this season, except for the odd CL game. The same with Marcelo. From what I've read Marcelo has been class this season. Alaba hasn't played left back this season, but no he wouldn't bench Alaba as left back. Would be very close with Bernat, though. Bernat is probably better in Pep's system, as his passing ability is immaculate.

I know he's good, just not as good IMO. Either way, there's no point as you haven't watched enough of Alba.

nnao

I know he's good, just not as good IMO. Either way, there's no point as you haven't watched enough of Alba.

I've watched enough of both Bayern, Wolfsburg and Barca this season to make a decent estimation of the players, which is why I said what I did in the first place. I've probably seen the least of Real Madrid, so I'm not 100% sure about Marcelo this season.

But just for an outside opinion, from all players who've played at LB at least 10 times this season in one of the top 3 leagues [whoscored]:
#1 Ricardo Rodriguez #3 Juan Bernat #11 Marcelo #19 Jordi Alba

*Alaba hasn't played at LB very much this season, definitely less than 10, and more at LCB in a 3 man back-line than LB

Not quite definitive but more objective, at least.

Home of Barca Fans