Bayern München

mehdimike

Bayern, the champion of Bundesliga?

Really?

I'm shocked!

Who could guess that at the first of season?!:)

But honestly,i expect the other teams to improve and finally challange Bayern for the next season.It's somehow boring for neutrl fans(Not for our Bayern fans surely:D)
And i hope it for calcio too

I

instinct

Yea, but playing Cordoba, a relegated team, and Sociedad, the team with the worst away record in La Liga, means we can focus on the Bayern game and still win those games fairly comfortable.

Wouldn't put my money on it. Nothing is more Barca-esque than losing points vs weak teams. Better start a great squad and sub key players off when we lead than fielding a massively weakened side. This can work against Getafe but not Cordoba away and Sociedad at home. Furthermore, the players who'll start vs Bayern need a certain match rhythm.

R

Ryu Hayabusa

It's closer, bust still Barca has the edge because of the superior front three. Personally, I'd take Neuer, Javi Martinez and Boateng from that Bayern team. You could make a case for Alaba, but Alba is around the same level. Alaba, Marcelo and Alba are the best LBs. Lahm has declined, much like Alves. Around the same age as well. Of course, Robben, Ribbery and Lewandowski are great players, but Neymar, Suarez, Messi is something else.

Neymar is something else? Robben is still the better player. Lahm hasn't even played at RB anymore. Also he was injured most of the season. Fairly unfair to say that he has declined. I'd still take him over Alves as RB any day of the week, the same thing goes for Alaba over Alba. IMO the much better player. Also Thiago is probably better than any CM/AM at Barca atm.

Last edited:

JamDav1982

Wouldn't put my money on it. Nothing is more Barca-esque than losing points vs weak teams. Better start a great squad and sub key players off when we lead than fielding a massively weakened side. This can work against Getafe but not Cordoba away and Sociedad at home. Furthermore, the players who'll start vs Bayern need a certain match rhythm.

How is it 'Barca-esque' to lose points against weak teams?

I would guess the stats would show that over the past few years Barca have lost less points to weaker teams as any team going.

JamDav1982

Neymar is something else? Robben is still the better player. Lahm hasn't even played at RB anymore. Also he was injured most of the season. Fairly unfair to say that he has declined. I'd still take him over Alves as RB any day of the week, the same thing goes for Alaba over Alba. IMO the much better player.

If comparing player for player in position it would be Robben v Messi though.

Personally I think the front three for Barca are quite a bit better than the front three of Bayern, but Bayern have the better midfield and not much in the defence. Although rate Alaba a good bit better than Alba.

It will come down to Barcas front three on the break.

I

instinct

How is it 'Barca-esque' to lose points against weak teams?

I would guess the stats would show that over the past few years Barca have lost less points to weaker teams as any team going.

This season: Malaga (x2), Getafe, Real Sociedad and Celta Vigo (not exactly a weak team but compared to the likes of Real, Sevilla and Valencia, they're a weaker side)

13/14: Real Sociedad, Real Valladoid, Osasuna, Levante, Granada, Elche, Getafe

12/13: Celta and Sociedad

11/12: Getafe, Osasuna, Betis

I don't want to compare losses vs weak teams and losses vs strong teams but it's nothing unusal that we lose points vs a weak opponent. Therefore, every match should be approached with 100% concentration and focus.

JamDav1982

This season: Malaga (x2), Getafe, Real Sociedad and Celta Vigo (not exactly a weak team but compared to the likes of Real, Sevilla and Valencia, they're a weaker side)

13/14: Real Sociedad, Real Valladoid, Osasuna, Levante, Granada, Elche, Getafe

12/13: Celta and Sociedad

11/12: Getafe, Osasuna, Betis

If classing weak sides as teams outside of top 5/6 then I dont think that is a bad record or anything worse than other top teams have done in same time.

zanela

It's closer, bust still Barca has the edge because of the superior front three. Personally, I'd take Neuer, Javi Martinez and Boateng from that Bayern team. You could make a case for Alaba, but Alba is around the same level. Alaba, Marcelo and Alba are the best LBs. Lahm has declined, much like Alves. Around the same age as well. Of course, Robben, Ribbery and Lewandowski are great players, but Neymar, Suarez, Messi is something else.

Alba is not in the same league as the aforementioned two. Marcelo is crazily skilled for a fullback, basically a prime dani on the other side. Alaba's intelligence, technique, versatility, link-up and clean play makes it a non-contest. He can also dribble and shoot unlike Alba who beyond his pace is quite a limited player. Give it a couple of years, I expect Gayà to dislodge Alba from spainNT. I despise buyern, but Alaba is one (only likeable) player I'd trade all our fullbacks if there was a chance to 've him here.

nnao

Sorry but no, Alba isn't a top 3 LB. Alaba, Marcelo and Ricardo Rodriguez are all easily ahead of him, and I'd argue Bernat too.

nnao

a) When will he play his first game though? He is clearly not ready to play yet, otherwise he would have played yesterday. (Martinez I mean)

b) Will Ribery and Benatia be ready for the 2nd leg? Will they play either on Tuesday or Saturday before the CL semi?

c) How has Benatia been this season? The few times I have seen him play for Bayern, he seemed painfully slow. :neymar:

- Sammer said he'd probably get some minutes in the coming week against BVB and Leverkusen. I didn't mean that he would definitely start against Barca but that he would 90% most likely play by the second leg.

- Benatia 100% will. Not sure about Ribery.

- Benatia isn't really very slow, although he isn't as fast as Boateng, obviously. Great defender. With him on the pitch Bayern have only conceded 3 goals and I think with him and Boateng duo, 1.

Patricho

Outrageous claim. Care to provide any evidence?

Alba is not in the same league as the aforementioned two. Marcelo is crazily skilled for a fullback, basically a prime dani on the other side. Alaba's intelligence, technique, versatility, link-up and clean play makes it a non-contest. He can also dribble and shoot unlike Alba who beyond his pace is quite a limited player. Give it a couple of years, I expect Gayà to dislodge Alba from spainNT. I despise buyern, but Alaba is one (only likeable) player I'd trade all our fullbacks if there was a chance to 've him here.

Agree. I'm not saying that Alaba is underrated, but I don't think that many people outside of Germany and Austria know how special this kid really is. You can virtually play him at any position on the field (except goalie of course) and he will do a great job. But he's not just a jack of all trades, he's already shown countless genuine world class performances as LB, left CB, central midfield etc. To me, he is Bayern's most valuable asset. Such a shame he won't be able to play against Barca.

Last edited:

Patricho

Ricardo Rodriguez? Really?

Don't know how good Alba has been this season, but Rodriguez has been ace, especially this season. Fantastic left foot, good link up play, great work rate, thunderous shot, dangerous going forward, and defensively sound. A very complete fullback. Together with Bernat, the best left back in the league by a country mile. Won't be long before he will join a European giant, though

Home of Barca Fans